• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

your barometer does seem to fly very close to a "perfection, no mistake" footballer tbh

which CBs in the league do you think make less mistakes than Kaboul consistantly whilst also maintaining a massive influence on their respective team (that, of course, can come in many guises)

agree re; the mental aspect - see Titus Bramble!

I don't watch other teams as closely anymore. I used to watch a lot of football, too much. Now I tend to only watch Spurs (although I enjoyed a guilty pleasure of watching AC Milan vs Benfica in the 1990 European Cup final this evening!). At Spurs I would say that Gallas, Dawson, King (other than his last two games with us, which were very poor) all make less fundamental errors than Kaboul. I haven't seen enough of Nelsen to comment on him, although he uses the ball better than Kaboul (whose hoofs to nowhere frustrate me immensely, as they do with Dawson. But at least Dawson makes a few of them stick!). I'd definitely rate Kaboul above Bassong.

Already did. I haven't made notes on specific instances.

Regarding the other part, if you don't understand it then there is not much I can do to explain my viewpoint further.

Try explaining it, that may help.

Give an example, Kaboul or otherwise, of a POSSIBLE mistake, a defender COULD make, which does NOT lead to a goal, that is AS costly as one that does?

I don't understand how that is possible, and thus can't think of an example. If you could provide one it would be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, we conceded the 5th least goals in the league, at what point did we look 'shakey'? The only 'shakey' moments I remember were the Norwich game, and... no, that's just it.

Try explaining it, that may help.

Give an example, Kaboul or otherwise, of a POSSIBLE mistake, a defender COULD make, which does NOT lead to a goal, that is AS costly as one that does?

I don't understand how that is possible, and thus can't think of an example. If you could provide one it would be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, we conceded the 5th least goals in the league, at what point did we look 'shakey'? The only 'shakey' moments I remember were the Norwich game, and... no, that's just it.

You don't think we looked shakey against City & Utd, or Arsenal away?

And the other point you're trying to bait me on. It won't work. All I'll say is that if someone tries to kill someone on purpose but fails to do so, then as far as I am concerned the crime is just as bad as if they killed them.

I have freely admit that a lot of my views and perceptions of life have changed in recent years due to the extensive games of poker I've played (or rather taking the mathematical elements from it and completely detaching emotional reasoning from the winning and losing of hands). I've been involved in many games where a player has been playing awfully but scooping up the cash. The thing is, I also know that over the long game (the only reference point I am truly interested in) that player is going to lose a lot more than he wins. So just because he wins a brickload on one night means little in the grand scheme.

Basically if a player makes mistakes that go unpunished, it's just a matter of time before that player's luck runs out and he'll go on a nightmare run of mistakes being punished.

You don't think we looked shakey against City & Utd, or Arsenal away?

And the other point you're trying to bait me on. It won't work. All I'll say is that if someone tries to kill someone on purpose but fails to do so, then as far as I am concerned the crime is just as bad as if they killed them.

I have freely admit that a lot of my views and perceptions of life have changed in recent years due to the extensive games of poker I've played (or rather taking the mathematical elements from it and completely detaching emotional reasoning from the winning and losing of hands). I've been involved in many games where a player has been playing awfully but scooping up the cash. The thing is, I also know that over the long game (the only reference point I am truly interested in) that player is going to lose a lot more than he wins. So just because he wins a brickload on one night means little in the grand scheme.

Basically if a player makes mistakes that go unpunished, it's just a matter of time before that player's luck runs out and he'll go on a nightmare run of mistakes being punished.

Away to United, I wouldn't say we looked shakey. I think we were outplayed but some good movement. Also, had we had a decent CM pairing, that game would have been immensely different. Away to City, not even close to shakey, had the Bale/Defoe moment gone differently, or Balotelli been sent off - it wouldn't be remembered. Home to City, fair enough, but we were talking principally second half of the season, I thought.

Arsenal, fair point. I'd tried to forget that game, and succeeded, apparently.

As for 'baiting you', no - I just generally haven't a clue what you mean. It's a nonsense statement which you can't justify. You've gone from saying that a player making a mistake that doesn't cost us a goal can be just as bad as one that does - and not given any hypothetical or existing example of one. Then you talk about how it's seemingly inevitable that next season, or the next, or the next, or even the next, Kaboul is going to cost us 10 goals directly - which is nonsense. He's been back at the club for 2 and a half years, and played most games this, and has yet to directly cost us a goal.

For the sake of this debate, and your reputation as a contributor to this forum, could you not make such nonsensical posts again, or provide evidence to backup your slightly outlandish opinions? Or, just accept that you could well be wrong about a player based on his previous stint at the club?

Again, not baiting, just trying to help.

Away to United, I wouldn't say we looked shakey. I think we were outplayed but some good movement. Also, had we had a decent CM pairing, that game would have been immensely different. Away to City, not even close to shakey, had the Bale/Defoe moment gone differently, or Balotelli been sent off - it wouldn't be remembered. Home to City, fair enough, but we were talking principally second half of the season, I thought.

Arsenal, fair point. I'd tried to forget that game, and succeeded, apparently.

As for 'baiting you', no - I just generally haven't a clue what you mean. It's a nonsense statement which you can't justify. You've gone from saying that a player making a mistake that doesn't cost us a goal can be just as bad as one that does - and not given any hypothetical or existing example of one. Then you talk about how it's seemingly inevitable that next season, or the next, or the next, or even the next, Kaboul is going to cost us 10 goals directly - which is nonsense. He's been back at the club for 2 and a half years, and played most games this, and has yet to directly cost us a goal.

For the sake of this debate, and your reputation as a contributor to this forum, could you not make such nonsensical posts again, or provide evidence to backup your slightly outlandish opinions? Or, just accept that you could well be wrong about a player based on his previous stint at the club?
Again, not baiting, just trying to help.

You the forum police? What a fudging joke.

we'd have been in dead lumber without younes this season. gallas and dawson missed huge chunks of the season and sadly ledley's days of playing without training look to be coming to an end.

MLK I agree with your opinion of kaboul on his 1st spell here, but he's a different player now, he's simply not making the posistional, concentrational or lazy mistakes he did previously.

You the forum police? What a fudging joke.

Not the forum police at all, never claimed to be. I just absolutely hate it when posters make stupid remarks. I've been a lurker on here for about 5 years, and contributed sparsely. But it gets to me when people say things without any justification, and parade themselves as though their opinions mean more than other peoples.

Back it up is all I'm saying. If you're going to be on your high horse which you're ever so proud of, justify it, otherwise it makes you look a bit of a berk.

And for the record, you are wrong on this matter. Along with other posters I have given facts, stats and examples to back our opinions up - would it do you too much trouble to give us the same courtesy?

Oh, the irony.

Why can you not accept that sometimes you are quite simply wrong?

Moonlit, you post some good brick sometimes, but try to be a bit more humble fella.. Sometimes you are way off.

Your post is ironic, not mine. I have opinions and state them AS opinions. You then come out with personal attacks such as this AND do you state it's your opinion? No. You pass it off as fact.

Well it's NOT a fact that I am way off, it's your OPINION that I am way off. And my opinion is just as valid as yours and don't you dare tell me it's not.

Not the forum police at all, never claimed to be. I just absolutely hate it when posters make stupid remarks. I've been a lurker on here for about 5 years, and contributed sparsely. But it gets to me when people say things without any justification, and parade themselves as though their opinions mean more than other peoples.

Back it up is all I'm saying. If you're going to be on your high horse which you're ever so proud of, justify it, otherwise it makes you look a bit of a berk.

And for the record, you are wrong on this matter. Along with other posters I have given facts, stats and examples to back our opinions up - would it do you too much trouble to give us the same courtesy?

Hopefully you'll log off now and go back to it.

Your post is ironic, not mine. I have opinions and state them AS opinions. You then come out with personal attacks such as this AND do you state it's your opinion? No. You pass it off as fact.

Well it's NOT a fact that I am way off, it's your OPINION that I am way off. And my opinion is just as valid as yours and don't you dare tell me it's not.

The hell you do!!!!!

Look MK, I already said, you post some damn good points sometimes. But when you get a bee in your bonnet, you post as fact........yes, opinion as fact. So you are no different to most of the keyboard warriors on here.
People dis-agree with you. Accept it man!!!!!

Look, if we did a poll about Kaboul, like you did about harry, I bet kaboul would come out well on top.

Try it. Lets see?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hell you do!!!!!

Look MK, I already said, you post some damn good points sometimes. But when you get a bee in your bonnet, you post as fact........yes, opinion as fact. So you are no different to most of the keyboard warriors on here.
People dis-agree with you. Accept it man!!!!!

So let me get this straight, you're allowed to tell me my opinion is absolute nonsense (not that you think it is, but that it is) and you are allowed to say that I need to accept that I AM wrong, and then you tell me that the hell I do?

Let me re-point you to my post that kicked all this off.

"I think he is vastly over rated on this board and is way too mistake prone."

Just in case you didn't get it, I highlighted the KEY word in the sentance.

Question for The Moonlit Knight:

Please can you list some incidents where Kaboul's poor positional sense and lack of concentration actually cost us goals this season?

I'm sure you must be able to list some

Question for The Moonlit Knight:

Please can you list some incidents where Kaboul's poor positional sense and lack of concentration actually cost us goals this season?

I'm sure you must be able to list some

I've already asked, twice.

Apparently, he can't remember any (shocker) but more importantly, his mistakes which didn't cost goals are as bad, if not worse. This has since gone without explanation.

Good luck getting an answer out of him.

Back