• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: *Official* Holtby

I think Holtby will ultimately eclipse and replace Dembele as the more box-to-box of our 3 CMs. The great thing about him though is that he's also tenacious enough to cover for Sandro and good enough with the ball to fill in as the ballplayer.

I'll be amazed if this happens.

I really believe he is going to be a top player for us, once again he has been written off by some fans after half a season in the Prem, madness.

THIS100% - A really successful team has 25 quality players and I honestly believe that Holtby is a quality player.

This is a cool new online interview with Holtby conducted by a number of Google viewers or something:

[video=youtube_share;SbgxZK3aNNA]http://youtu.be/SbgxZK3aNNA[/video]

Last edited:

The Google handout this was a good idea by Spurs, good use of technology. Just annoying that 2 of the blokes seemed to be journo wannabe's and not fans.

...............?
Bale.................Dembele
.....Holtby..Paulinho
...........Sandro

?

...............?
Bale.................Dembele
.....Holtby..Paulinho
...........Sandro

?

Hmmm. This is interesting. When I look at the names, I think 'fudge YEAH!' (especially the question mark). My concern with that hypothetical line-up is having Dembele in that position. There were times where necessity last season had us with Dembele on the right during games but he was either ineffective coming from that position or ended up going central as is his natural inkling.

Obviously in a 4-4-3, Dembele isn't necessarily on the 'right', but I'm not sure how successful it would be to put a player with his strengths and natural ability in his favoured position in an unnatural position. Of course, he could interchange with other players in the line-up. So, in conclusion....

Hmmm. Interesting...

I look at it as Paulinho/Dembele/Holtby could ALL switch it up throughout the game in that sense. It'd just mean we really need width to be created by full backs and a striker who will score a lot of goals.

No, no, no...Dembele is not a right winger or a right sided midfielder. Why would we play him there and leave Lennon out? Makes no sense.

We're going to have more options from a talented squad with greater depth this season. We'll pick players from the squad depending on a combination of the team that we'll face and the form of the player in question. I think this will be a far better strategy.

No, no, no...Dembele is not a right winger or a right sided midfielder. Why would we play him there and leave Lennon out? Makes no sense.

We're going to have more options from a talented squad with greater depth this season. We'll pick players from the squad depending on a combination of the team that we'll face and the form of the player in question. I think this will be a far better strategy.

because he isn't playing right wing/right midfield.

oh sorry, i thought you were having a go at the formation I posted and thought i had put Dembele as some sort of right midfield player.

Nah, just stating against those who still want Dembele as right winger. Or even crazier, want Dembele as a striker. Dembele excels when playing from the centre with his lung bursting runs forward.

The risk with your tactic is that, if Dembele remains central, we'll be very reliant on both Walker and Assou-Ekotto to provide our width. A lot will be expected of Vertonghen and Kaboul, so Vertonghen's attacking play will be stifled. I like the way that he breaks from the back, he possesses great technique, is good with the ball and intelligent at reading the game. I also fear that the middle of the pitch will become over crowded with so many bodies there.

As for Assou-Ekotto, he's the wrong style of marauding full back. His concentration lapses would cost us and so I wouldn't trust him there. Walker thankfully possesses good pace which will bale him out.

I think we need Lennon on the right, Bale on the left but both interchanging and a new striker.

I think eventually he will play in CM.

I agree, especially if we are playing 433. I know most people are suggesting Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele as the first choice midfield 3 but it is not like they will play in all 38 league and cup games. Methinks there will be more than enough opportunities for Holtby to show how good he is in the middle of the park

Back