• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: *Official* Holtby

Somebody was tweeting that he was injured after the u21 tournament today. Saw it retweeted, not sure how credible he was. Supposedly it wasn't thought to be a serious injury.

What sort of role will he play this year? One of the first off the bench perhaps? Would be good to give him some space to develop

There's something to Holtby that really has me expecting we could see a fantastic player this year. He could possibly be the link man that so many think we are missing with the powerhouses in midfield.

There's something to Holtby that really has me expecting we could see a fantastic player this year. He could possibly be the link man that so many think we are missing with the powerhouses in midfield.

I hope so, he has the ability!

I really like Holtby and he has alot of passion not to mention his work rate is second to non. He could be our new Luka if given the chance.

Crikey, he's only just signed and he's a kid. If I'm not mistaken, we were originally going to get him at the end of the season. He's the future, give him a chance.

I liken it to someone going out on a date and the woman dropping the guy because he's no good to their child 8-[ (yeah crap hypothesis, I know :ross:)

If I'm not mistaken we can't sell him, as a player can only have 2 clubs in a year?

I'd like to see him in the VDV role. I watched him for Schalke a few times and he has a good eye for a pass. He was too eager to please last season and overdid it on occasion. Hopefully he has settled a bit and we'll see more of his natural game .

That's made me think actually. If I remember correctly wasn't the role he was playing for Germany in the recent tournament (and playing very effectively) the same role that Sig was given yesterday?

I'd like to see him in the VDV role. I watched him for Schalke a few times and he has a good eye for a pass. He was too eager to please last season and overdid it on occasion. Hopefully he has settled a bit and we'll see more of his natural game .

He was not very good playing with his back towards the goal. His first touch let him down many times last season. I think that his best position is CM.

He was not very good playing with his back towards the goal. His first touch let him down many times last season. I think that his best position is CM.
He did OK there for Schalke the few times I have seen him and from what I have read it may be his favoured position. Playing in the hole is not all with your back towards goal anyway so don't be too quick to write him off.

Here's a good summary on his positional switches over the years
http://bundesligafanatic.com/lewis-holtby-germanys-most-versatile-footballer/

Back