• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

One of my favourite players and it will be a shame to see him leave. He is another one that needed a run of games.

I like the guy but long term I don't see him in our plans for the first team. Would love to keep him in the squad but I wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere for first team football.

Chain of events:

1) Timmeh wants to stamp his mark and start tearing down AVB's work
2) Timmeh has a hard-on for Carroll
3) Timmeh sells Holtby to Schalke
4) Schalke have a replacement for Draxler
5) Arsenal buy Draxler

It will be Bale-Ozil all over again, just because Timmeh is being vindictive.

I don't like the fact that he could be off, but with the competition we have for places someone was going to have to leave. I agree with what GB said in another thread, keep hold of him til the new coach comes in (unless ofc Sherwood takes the post full time).

We could have just given the players a couple of days off because we had 8 days between games

^^^

Pretty much this.

We've not got a mid-week game this week, so players have been given a few days off after the hectic Christmas / New Year schedule.

Chain of events:

5) Arsenal buy Draxler

Selling him would hardly be tearing down AVB's work, Holtby was a squad player under AVB too.

I like Holtby and think that he is a decent squad player but he is far from being the finished article and I find it hard to see him getting enough first team games to keep him happy. Besides, it's not as if AVB didn't let decent players go when he was seeking to stamp his authority on the club. Every manager does.

If Sherwood thinks that he has players in the development squad that are good enough and ready for the first team, it stands to reason that we may have to clear out some of the fringe players to make space for them.

I think that this would be good for the club. It will make it easier to attract the best youth players in the future because they will be able to see a route to the first team. It will save the club a fortune and players who have come through the ranks maybe happier to be squad players.

^^^
O
Pretty much this.

We've not got a mid-week game this week, so players have been given a few days off after the hectic Christmas / New Year schedule.
He put on Facebook that he had tickets to a film Premier so he went for that.

Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport
Tottenham have told their frustrated midfielder Lewis Holtby he can make a permanent move back to Schalke are now ready to open negotiations

Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport
Tottenham have told their frustrated midfielder Lewis Holtby he can make a permanent move back to Schalke are now ready to open negotiations

And soon to come up: "Frustrated Spurs misfit reject Holtby ends his Spurs nightmare after enduring frustrating nightmare outcast misfit time at Spurs".

This is Gutter Boy, you'll get used to this kind of thing.
I know my post count doesn't show it but I've been on GG since 2004 I think. So I remember the Arshavin saga and everything since but it's time someone asked. GB you talk like you have inside information or if in you're in the room yourself. I have no idea how you can possibly formulate someone's thoughts or feelings from Twitter, forums and bull**** news stories. Explain?

I know my post count doesn't show it but I've been on GG since 2004 I think. So I remember the Arshavin saga and everything since but it's time someone asked. GB you talk like you have inside information or if in you're in the room yourself. I have no idea how you can possibly formulate someone's thoughts or feelings from Twitter, forums and bull**** news stories. Explain?

He just makes it up to fit his agender, it's simple really.

Chain of events:

5) Arsenal buy Draxler

I do fear this will happen, to be honest. Hope we don't let him go.

Selling him would hardly be tearing down AVB's work, Holtby was a squad player under AVB too.

I like Holtby and think that he is a decent squad player but he is far from being the finished article and I find it hard to see him getting enough first team games to keep him happy. Besides, it's not as if AVB didn't let decent players go when he was seeking to stamp his authority on the club. Every manager does.

If Sherwood thinks that he has players in the development squad that are good enough and ready for the first team, it stands to reason that we may have to clear out some of the fringe players to make space for them.

I think that this would be good for the club. It will make it easier to attract the best youth players in the future because they will be able to see a route to the first team. It will save the club a fortune and players who have come through the ranks maybe happier to be squad players.

Not sure I agree, getting in the German U21 captain, barely playing him and then when we do putting him all across the midfield making us look clueless because we don't know how to use him isn't likely to impress many up and coming young players.

Back