• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Can't ever say I was a big fan of Meryl Streep. But her work is top rate in The Post as Katherine Graham, the emerging newspaper publisher who eventually brings down crooked US president Richard Nixon. Tom Hanks is commanding in the role of influential chief editor Ben Bradlee.

The movie is something of a prequel to the famous All The Presidents Men, with Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman playing investigative reporters Woodward and Bernstein, and a very timely message to be putting out to a younger generation facing the schitstorm of misinformation and manipulation from the Trump regime.

Took the kids to see Coco over the weekend. Really good, especially if you like the whole Mexico/Day of the Dead etc. Quite a "grown-up" feel to it, like Pixar do with parts of their films, but the kids did enjoy it too.

He would be a championship player at best now.

I am serious even average championship players have the same skill as he had, that shows how the human race evolves.

I think this shows the modern fans attitude at its worse, great players would be great players at any time. We are supposed to think football didn't exist before the Greed League and ignore any achievements. I agree the game has moved on but to deny the past is very disrespectful.

I think this shows the modern fans attitude at its worse, great players would be great players at any time. We are supposed to think football didn't exist before the Greed League and ignore any achievements. I agree the game has moved on but to deny the past is very disrespectful.

Could not agree more mate and its sad to see, most of those past greats did not have the surfaces to play on as todays heroes but still managed to perform on mud up to their ankles., a ball that weighed a ton in the wet and hairy arse defenders who kicked them every time they came near them.

I am more skillful then Pele and only a few years younger. Someone 30 years younger should be a lot better. Just like how the human race is getting taller.

200 years ago if you were 6 foot you were a giant and would be burned at the stakes. Pele pfft he was decent for his time but not fit to tie my shoe laces.

:D

Could not agree more mate and its sad to see, most of those past greats did not have the surfaces to play on as todays heroes but still managed to perform on mud up to their ankles., a ball that weighed a ton in the wet and hairy arse defenders who kicked them every time they came near them.

Everyone should watch the official World Cup film "Goal" and see the systematic fouling that was used to stop Pele, it was a disgrace.

He also had to carry some very average teams in his time.
Tim Vickery says the stat is when he ended his career the running stats doubled from around Pele's levels to around what they are now, the game changed massively and he was as good in both distinct times, which is equally as impressive.

He would be a championship player at best now.

I am serious even average championship players have the same skill as he had, that shows how the human race evolves.
It was pele intelligence as much as his skill that set him apart.
Not that he wasn't skilful, he was phenomenal with the ball, but his footballing brain sets him apart. Only one that comes close as player is cryuff imho.

Saw Darkest Hour last night. Meh! Apart from Oldham's great performance, it was pretty forgettable and there were some really cringe worthy moments, chiefly the train carriage scene. The whole film is based on too slight a premise. There is a scene of Churchill being grumpy, Churchill being cheeky, Churchill being inspirational... rinse repeat.

Back