• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

everyones top 5 favourite foreign films then ;)

City Of GHod
La Haine
Mesrine: Killer Instinct & Public Enemy No. 1 (two films making one epic)
Infernal Affairs (Remade by Scorsese as 'The Departed')
Battle Royale

Honorable mentions for:

Hard Boiled
Ringu
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Foreign films for me:

Leon
Man Bites Dog
Battle Royale
Nightacoch
The Seven Samurai
Oldboy
La Haine
City of GHod
M

Last edited:
Foreign films for me:

Leon
Man Bites Dog
Battle Royale
Nightacoch
The Seven Samurai
Oldboy
La Haine
City of GHod
M

I seem to watch too many violent movies, that may explain the blood soaked overalls in the boot of my c..... brick!

Forgot about that one. WHAT a film!!

Saw a great film last night called The Incident.

Low budget black and white from around the late 1960s. It stars Martin Sheen and Beau Bridges for what must be their first film roles.

The entire movie is shot in one carriage of the New York subway and involves two thugs terrorising the other passengers. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very tense and gritty, and you can overlook some of the forced dialogue.

Leon is american, isn't it?

Micmacs is on film 4 tonight, French comedy from the people who made Amelie(i think) and Delicatessen

Haven't seen it but heard good things. . .

Well aside from the most popular titles already mentioned (Oldboy, City of GHod, Seven Samurai, Pan's Labyrinth, Battle Royale, Crouching Tiger...) some other favourite foreign films of mine are:

The Motorcycle Diaries
Let The Right One In
The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi
Das Boot
Kung-Fu Hustle

Took the kids to see the Wizard of Oz movie.

Looks great in 3D. Pretty good film. Didn't realise it was Sam Raimi directing.

...or that Michelle Williams was quite so good looking.

Well aside from the most popular titles already mentioned (Oldboy, City of GHod, Seven Samurai, Pan's Labyrinth, Battle Royale, Crouching Tiger...) some other favourite foreign films of mine are:

The Motorcycle Diaries
Let The Right One In
The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi
Das Boot
Kung-Fu Hustle

One of my favorite films ever, can't beleive I left it out!

Just watched the new red dawn, what a load of pants.

Also cached There Will be Blood the other night very good film if a little dark or as my wife said " where was the uplifting bit??"

Back