• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Has anyone ever seen True Romance? One Tarantino film I'm yet to watch, have heard very mixed reviews.

For me Pulp and Reservoir are way ahead, followed by Django, Jackie Brown etc. Never particularly got into the Kill Bills and for some reason just didn't like Inglorious Basterds.

Has anyone ever seen True Romance? One Tarantino film I'm yet to watch, have heard very mixed reviews.

For me Pulp and Reservoir are way ahead, followed by Django, Jackie Brown etc. Never particularly got into the Kill Bills and for some reason just didn't like Inglorious Basterds.

true romance was ok, pulp and reservoir were his good ones then he went down hill, all the films of his since then have gone on too long and been more style then substance. Not bad movies but pulp and reservoir were great and the rest have been 7 or 8 out of 10's

True Romance is brilliant! A Tony Scott movie with a Tarantino script/characters, whats not to love? You should watch it as soon as possible.

I watched a movie a while ago about a granny finding out she's fudged economically and decides to make money. Not by dealing drugs, but by jerking off dudes through a glory hole. Anyone seen this?

It was rather touching. A tale of Eastern European toss mafia, the old lady being a stranger to the art of stroking salamis, to becoming the indisputable **** master - kicking the young reigning tosstress off her throne. Her retired friends from days of yore not understanding why she suddenly suffers from inflammations in her fore arms, and why she's becoming more and more a distant figure of herself.

Truly an amazing film, well worth a watch. Bring tissues.

Genuine question - for people who regularly illegally stream and / or download movies for free, how do you feel about Blockbusters and HMV going into administration?

Genuine question - for people who regularly illegally stream and / or download movies for free, how do you feel about Blockbusters and HMV going into administration?

Blockbusters and hmv got away with overcharging for so many years...they didn't adapt their business model to current environment. Good riddance imo

I dont really care - I know people are out of jobs etc but I guess its the way the world works now. Its like anything though - with every internet usage youre using such as buying online, someone is being made redundant because there is no need for that specific manpower in shops.

You can also argue that cinemas are gonna go that way soon - paying 50 quid for two including food and drink is fudgein ridiculous.

I only stream tv shows. But yeah I do hope both companies survive. Blockbusters have actually lowered the prices of their DVDs and blu rays in recent years. HMV have shot themselves in the foot by charging insane prices for box sets, especially when people know they can get the same thing for half the price on Amazon and Play. But I do like going to shops and seeing what they have on offer. I don't like the way the world is going in terms of everything being online. I mentioned this before, watching Breakjng Bad on Dexter on a laptop just isn't the same as watching it on an HD tv or on blu ray.

I really hope the clothing industry don't go down the same route too. It will be a real pain in the arse having to keep sending things back because they don't fit or for another reason.

I dont really care - I know people are out of jobs etc but I guess its the way the world works now. Its like anything though - with every internet usage youre using such as buying online, someone is being made redundant because there is no need for that specific manpower in shops.

You can also argue that cinemas are gonna go that way soon - paying 50 quid for two including food and drink is fudgein ridiculous.

Yeah but the difference with streaming and downloading movies is that you're not paying anything, and that you're doing so illegally. And you say (as do many others) that £25 for a movie with food and drink is fudgein ridiculous, but how much money do you (or people in general, myself included) spend out on the tinkle? It's weird that people think a £15 film ticket is disgustingly overpriced, but are happy to spend £60 getting smashed and waking up with a steaming hangover.

*Disclaimer* I'm not being self-righteous here, I stream movies too. But I do go to the cinema pretty regularly as well.

I only stream tv shows. But yeah I do hope both companies survive. Blockbusters have actually lowered the prices of their DVDs and blu rays in recent years. HMV have shot themselves in the foot by charging insane prices for box sets, especially when people know they can get the same thing for half the price on Amazon and Play. But I do like going to shops and seeing what they have on offer. I don't like the way the world is going in terms of everything being online. I mentioned this before, watching Breakjng Bad on Dexter on a laptop just isn't the same as watching it on an HD tv or on blu ray.

I really hope the clothing industry don't go down the same route too. It will be a real pain in the arse having to keep sending things back because they don't fit or for another reason.

Yeah the competition with genuine online shops is another related discussion to be had... I too don't like the idea of everything being online... I feel like we've got to a point where our lives are already so convenient and comfortable, we don't really need them to be any moreso... of course that's just a matter of taste though.

Could not give a flying fudge. If they wanted to survive shouldn't of overcharged people for years and years.

Yeah but the difference with streaming and downloading movies is that you're not paying anything, and that you're doing so illegally. And you say (as do many others) that £25 for a movie with food and drink is fudgein ridiculous, but how much money do you (or people in general, myself included) spend out on the tinkle? It's weird that people think a £15 film ticket is disgustingly overpriced, but are happy to spend £60 getting smashed and waking up with a steaming hangover.

*Disclaimer* I'm not being self-righteous here, I stream movies too. But I do go to the cinema pretty regularly as well.

I go to the movies too but id rather spend 100 quid getting battered than sitting indoors for 2 hrs for 40 quid watching a movie that may or may not be good. Oh and ill be honest with you if I wasnt downloading - do you think id still go rent from Blockbuster? no. It was never an either/or situation.

You forgot to mention the likes of Sky or Virgin. I have sky. I think media home entertainment i.e. sky or virgin have done as much damage to Blockbuster and HMVs etc as downloads have (specifically video maybe not music). There is always something to watch on Sky or Virgin so going to Blockbusters or buying a DVD (unless theyre for a fiver) just doesnt make sense.

By the way I have 300 CDs and 200 DVDs yet I dont use them anymore so its also the convenience. Id rather buy CDs as I like something tangible and like it as a memento but with DVDs I watch the movie once and wont watch it again.

All of the traditional "High Street" retailers that haven't evolved their business into the internet era have no-one but themselves to blame IMO. I watch all of my tv shows and movies legally through the internet (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime) and haven't had traditional cable tv for 2 years. If you haven't figured out that the internet is the future, then you deserve to go out of business.

All of the traditional "High Street" retailers that haven't evolved their business into the internet era have no-one but themselves to blame IMO. I watch all of my tv shows and movies legally through the internet (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime) and haven't had traditional cable tv for 2 years. If you haven't figured out that the internet is the future, then you deserve to go out of business.

I cant live without cable and sky etc although I dont actually watch much TV. I did a few days ago think to myself that why get sky when everything is on the internet but I do love having that option.

So many options in media now that high street is now defunct.

Back