• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

When is Dempsey back? We're so short up front its criminal

Should recall kane given he's not starting for Leicester

When is Dempsey back? We're so short up front its criminal

Should recall kane given he's not starting for Leicester

So he can't get I'm the Norwich or Leicester team but you think he's good enough to start for us?

Kane will never be a premier league player, let alone a champions league chasing team. He's slow, weak and doesn't score. Hmm on second thoughts.

So he can't get I'm the Norwich or Leicester team but you think he's good enough to start for us?

Kane will never be a premier league player, let alone a champions league chasing team. He's slow, weak and doesn't score. Hmm on second thoughts.

Thing is a lot of the criticisms which people level at Kane are exactly the same things which were levelled at Teddy Sheringham and they're similar players- he didnt have a bad career did he?

They're both 6 foot or a shade over, relatively slightly built and not quick. However both get piles of goals, have a great touch and are hold up players. Am not saying that being similar to Teddy means that Kane will have the same career as him however it shows that that type of player can definitely succeed.

Am not saying he's good enough to start for us however I would much rather have a kid CF on the bench (whether thats Kane, Coulthrist or Coulibaly) rather than have no CF at all

WTF????? They're both 6 foot and slow and that's where the similarity ends. I'd much rather re-sign Teddy now than bring back Kane. I repeat, Kane will never be a premier league player, not while I have a hole in my ass. If you can't score in the Europa league against hearts, shamrock rovers and some Greek pub team then you really have to wonder what chance you have in the premier league. My opinion of course, feel free to knock it.

WTF????? They're both 6 foot and slow and that's where the similarity ends. I'd much rather re-sign Teddy now than bring back Kane. I repeat, Kane will never be a premier league player, not while I have a hole in my ass. If you can't score in the Europa league against hearts, shamrock rovers and some Greek pub team then you really have to wonder what chance you have in the premier league. My opinion of course, feel free to knock it.

He did score against Shamrock Rovers.

He's 19. It would be far too soon to be writing him off.

fcuk we need to overhaul the strikers in the summer

Defoe, Ade and Dempsey need to go. simply bored with this old cr@p now

Defoe seems to regularly pick up injuries these days

Disagree - 19 years old and too young to write-off. Easier for a CF to make the initial break through if they have pace - not dissimilar to how its easier for a CM to make the initial break through if they're big (ie Livermore vs Carroll arguments)

you do realise how old he is?

fcuk we need to overhaul the strikers in the summer

Defoe, Ade and Dempsey need to go. simply bored with this old cr@p now

i find myself agreeing with you a lot more then i did, and agree with you on this

would be tempted to leave defoe where he is but as 3rd choice striker, he has shon good service over the years and always tries hard even if he is limited

Try Verts up front. He's well outscoring Ade and Defoe this calendar year:

Verts 4
Ade 2
Defoe 0

i find myself agreeing with you a lot more then i did, and agree with you on this

would be tempted to leave defoe where he is but as 3rd choice striker, he has shon good service over the years and always tries hard even if he is limited

The problem with Ade/JD is they are both essentially have the same issue, on form, very good, but form is streaky and they both have very bad barren runs. Can't depend on either of them to deliver when you need it.

Out of the three, I'd actually most likely keep Duece, probably on the lowest wages, consistent effort, will score more often (if not more goals), more flexible and we will probably get the least money if we sell him.

Likely summer solution, 1 of JD/Ade goes, we spend on a #1 striker, we rotate Duece/+1 around new guy.

Verts would probably be lost up front.

He's good scoring because he is unmarked when wondering forward. I want more of that, he's like a surprise for the other team to deal with.

Verts would probably be lost up front.

He's good scoring because he is unmarked when wondering forward. I want more of that, he's like a surprise for the other team to deal with.

Exactly, he is the additional player making a run from deep, doesn't get picked up.

Add the fact that he is technically very good and can finish = good for 8-10 goals a season.

We need to buy a striker, not compensate for brick ones

Exactly, he is the additional player making a run from deep, doesn't get picked up.

Add the fact that he is technically very good and can finish = good for 8-10 goals a season.

We need to buy a striker, not compensate for brick ones

Exactly.

It's why a few years back I wanted Bale to start left back at times because you can't double mark a left back (and it'd be stupid too) and he'd cause problems coming from deep etc. but he's improved his game so much that having him left back now would just be stupid.

It's why Ronaldo doesn't play as a striker for Real Madrid despite being probably one of, if not the most complete striker you could find.

funny thing is, we are 3rd, we have not been this consistant in years, best away form I´ve seen in a long while but we still have 3 bricks up front :ross:

Ade is the best of them, simply because he can hold up the ball and he tends to drift out of the box to link up play

Defoe, if he´s not up to it then he is completely useless. Having the gift off scoring out of nothing comes at a hefty price, he can not link up for his life, quite often we are like 10 men on the field.

Dempsey, drops too deep imho but works really hard. Hardly a clinical finisher but can come through in big games. Good short term buy.

I think Gylfi up top would not be a bad idea, he played as a striker for Reading in some games, was not bad!

funny thing is, we are 3rd, we have not been this consistant in years, best away form I´ve seen in a long while but we still have 3 bricks up front :ross:

Ade is the best of them, simply because he can hold up the ball and he tends to drift out of the box to link up play

Defoe, if he´s not up to it then he is completely useless. Having the gift off scoring out of nothing comes at a hefty price, he can not link up for his life, quite often we are like 10 men on the field.

Dempsey, drops too deep imho but works really hard. Hardly a clinical finisher but can come through in big games. Good short term buy.

I think Gylfi up top would not be a bad idea, he played as a striker for Reading in some games, was not bad!

Quite remarkable, considering that none of our forwards have scored a league goal in over 3 months - Ade's on new year's day was the last.

Back