• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is ready to test Tottenham with a ?ú10m offer for unsettled striker Jermain Defoe, 29.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Hahahaha .. wtf? ?ú10m ... on Pool's valueation scale (if Carroll is worth ?ú35m), JD must be worth at least ?ú30m

John Henry & co. love moneyball, no? So let's take a look at their productivity this season:

Andy Carroll - 19 apps (11 starts), 2 goals, 0 assists
Defoe - 15 apps (7 starts), 7 goals, 1 assist

In fewer minutes, Defoe makes 4 times as many goals+assists. (We will write off the minutes part after taking into account Spurs' greater flair.) Baseline price: 4 x 35m = 140m.

Now we take into account their respective ages, with Carroll's value dropping only ~50% over the course of his contract, and Defoe's dropping 100% due to his age. But I suspect that Levy, himself sensitive to aging, is so generous that he would be willing to slash Defoe's true price by 50%, leaving a measly 70m - a triffic bargain!

But of course we have to remember that Liverpool are our rivals, so there is an added 'rival fee' of 10m, making Defoe available for the still-paltry sum of 80m. This is obviously a stupendous deal for Comolli and King Kenny.

Now, of course we hate to let him go, but we do have to finance our new stadium and whatnot so I think Levy will reluctantly listen to offers starting at that price. Get cracking, Comolli! ;)

Jermain Defoe

With 12 goals in 24 matches this season methinks he actually deserves a run in the team and I would suggest we pair him with Ade up front. He has proved to be our most consistent goal scorer this season. Does anybody agree with me?

Been sayin this for ages. I like VDV but Defoe definitely deserves his chances He was feeding off scraps got two chances, scored one and the other he missed due to his height (needed to be an inch taller).

I think against Wigan and Watford he really should play with Ade. Lets see how that goes.

He definitely deserves an opportunity.

With 12 goals in 24 matches this season methinks he actually deserves a run in the team and I would suggest we pair him with Ade up front. He has proved to be our most consistent goal scorer this season. Does anybody agree with me?

Mhm.. not sure if you would play him in the vdv role or the ade role.. it probably would be good in teams we are supposed to be dominating, like wigan at home.

but in the bigger teams we are facing away from home we need the five man midfield to at least 50/50 the possession...

Nope. Adebayor 9 goals 6 assists, Van der Vaart 7 goals 4 assists. These two play, Defoe on the bench.

Mhm.. not sure if you would play him in the vdv role or the ade role.. it probably would be good in teams we are supposed to be dominating, like wigan at home.

but in the bigger teams we are facing away from home we need the five man midfield to at least 50/50 the possession...

What did VDV really do today? I think he went missing and had no impact on our offensive game

been a bit dissappointed with vdv lately. seems to be playinjg too deep, he shouldnt be playing 3 yards off our box

Been sayin this for ages. I like VDV but Defoe definitely deserves his chances He was feeding off scraps got two chances, scored one and the other he missed due to his height (needed to be an inch taller).

I think against Wigan and Watford he really should play with Ade. Lets see how that goes.

He definitely deserves an opportunity.

This
but I hope that Ade will not play against Watford

been a bit dissappointed with vdv lately. seems to be playinjg too deep, he shouldnt be playing 3 yards off our box

Indeed, last week against Wolves he kept coming back to just outside our penalty area to pick the ball of Dawson and Kaboul. We do not need him to do that when we have Parker and Modric in the team.

Defoe hindered us today but everyone knew we would miss Ade and he did well at what he always does. I definitely agree that he should be starting for us alongside Ade. VDV's ability is superfluous if we can't kill off teams with goals. Adebayor is a simply abysmal finisher but he provides so much more than VDV in the final third and he HAS to play, then it is a question of the limited Defoe, who has nonetheless consistently chipped in goals and made up for Ade's finishing, or the vastly talented VDV whose goalscoring has been inconsistent over the season.

VDV is seemingly undroppable in our team, but I would love to see Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Ade in the same team if only for home games. We might not keep the ball as well but I reckon we would score more goals anyway, Modric and Adebayor is plenty to overpower most teams through the middle.

I think it is worth noting that VDV missed Adebayor today, and that he put in a lot of performances like this last year as well, but Defoe definitely deserves his chance to start. If he isn't as effective as when he comes off the bench then he can be dropped again, but what more is he supposed to do? It isn't even like when he plays and scores we are playing badly, we can afford this sort of luxury player against the weaker teams and in most home games.

He touched the ball about 5 times today and 3 of those were mistouches.

Defoe definitely hinders our allround game by his lack of intelligence and overall involvement in the game. He statistically only completes about 15 passes a game, compared to Ade's 80 and Rafa's 100+.

We badly missed Ade today, but Defoe's part of the illness, not the cure. A useful impact sub, but a poor overall contributor.

We've been fantastic for most of this season and the Ade-Rafa partnership (infact the Ade-Rafe-Bale-Lennon quartet) have been fundamental to that.

He goes where the ball is, rather than waiting around at the half way line with his hands on his hips.

If there's no one who can hold the ball up, then playing deep makes a lot of sense.

Back