• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

It strange I can understand that he doesnt want to be 3rd choice but at least he will get some decent time on the pitch. Look at Pav and Gomes who Redknapp says he wants to keep just in case who have a much worse chance of playing. He should at least wait until the summer.

I know that, obviously its just opinion at this point.

I dont know Remy as a player well, but do like what little Ive seen of him.

Younger than Defoe, if he is as good as Defoe (or better) now he would certainly be a stronger long term prospect

It strange I can understand that he doesnt want to be 3rd choice but at least he will get some decent time on the pitch. Look at Pav and Gomes who Redknapp says he wants to keep just in case who have a much worse chance of playing. He should at least wait until the summer.

Depends on how you look at it - I would say he is second choice. Adebayor and VDV are first choice - shoudl either get injured Defoe is next in line

I'd agree with that, just wondering what Defoes thinking is, again assuming all this is true. Rafa is prone to injuries too and if he left he would have to take a step down as I cant see us selling him to a rival.

Defoe was on the gordon ramsey cooking program on xmas day, he just got back from light training as he was injured. He helped Gordon cook something, and while cooking they talked about Spurs, he asked him why he wasnt playing, Defoe said he had an injury, it was Grade A so nothing serious and he would be back soon. Ramsey then asked if he would leave Spurs.... now before anyone could even blink, Defoe replied 'Not a chance!' It was the quickest and most confident answer I've ever heard from a footballer.

Defoe's agent on the other hand seems to be a prick.

I can see why he wants to move. It's a trust thing. He knows that he is second choice regardless of what he does. Redknapp doesn't have the balls to drop VdV, even if he isn't performing (which he isn't), but his card is marked.

I'd like him to stay till the end of the season, as he can still contribute a lot. Echo what the other poster said about him being the only person in the country who cares about playing for England. It's weird.

Defoe likely understands he's at a club during exciting times. If it is more important to him to be first team, than for him to be in a squad excelling in the league, and where he has played a lot, then fair enough he can go. I think he is happy at the club though and it's all agent generated press nonsense.

Interesting stat.

Defoe has played 315 first half minutes in the League scoring 0 first half goals.
And he has played 483 second half minutes in the League scoring 7 second half goals.

Is he replaceable? Absolutely. If he wants go, providing we can replace him with someone as good as him if not better, cheerio.

Having said that it looks like his agent is being a danchev.

if naija was here then this would be a classic example of you not being able to handle too many high profile players or should i clarify...SIMILAR profile players at the same club. doesnt make for good harmony

BUT.....defoe needs to hand around for a bit. VDV (GHod forbid) might do a hamstring

if naija was here then this would be a classic example of you not being able to handle too many high profile players or should i clarify...SIMILAR profile players at the same club. doesnt make for good harmony

As there are no quotes from Defoe, you shouldn't read too much into it.

If Spurs want to finish in the top four regularly then we need top quality players and competition for places. Harry has managed the squad and fringe players very well during his time at Spurs. I am sure that he will do so again during this window, that Defoe will not leave and that he will continue to be a key member of our squad.

No chance they will let him go this window anyway. We do need an additional striker in my view, one area where we still lack a bit of the quality needed to really push for top spot.

Back