• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

How the hell can you not love the guy. Imagine Modric did that last year. lol, except of course he really wanted out.

HE DEFINITELY READS GLORY GLORY! GHod I love Benny, and actually, personality aside, don't think he'd be as easy to replace as some people are making out. Underrated.

What Assou-Ekotto Actually Said... The Full Interview

Reports today are quoting Benoit Assou-Ekotto as saying that he is looking to move on from Spurs. As always, a bit of context is required. The questions below are from two interviews that Benny has given recently that the British media has jumped on. Benny has been praised for his honesty during his time at Spurs and we shouldn't be surprised when he says he may need to move on if his career isn't progressing.

Even though he does say the things he is reported to have, he does talk about how he loves the Premiership and doesn't want to move out of London, the past, present and future of Spurs as well. I've provided the full interview (at least the footballing bits) below for a bit of context.

Tottenham may not qualify for the Champions league, it seems that the team is having trouble qualifying for the competition?
The core of the team was in place when Redknapp arrived. People can expect too much too quickly. As one says ÔÇ£Rome was not built in a dayÔÇØ and I think that the more years pass, the more powerful we'll be. This year we began the season at full speed but we have struggled to manage recently. We started the season at 200% but the problem is that we are ending it at 80%. Next year, for the players who are there and if I am still there, we'll need to be more consistent

If you're not winning titles with your club, do you want to move?
During the season, I had a discussion with my president (Daniel Levy), he said to me that if a large club made me an offer, I could sit down to discuss it. Of course, he added that the transfer would not be cheap! But he has not closed the door. I do not know what will happen in the future. For me, to gain titles is cool but I'd prefer to earn money (laughter).

You've been at Tottenham since 2006?
Yes. When you know everyone in a club you have made it your home but you do want to acheive things and evolve. For two or three years, Tottenham have roughly finished in the same position (fourth in 2010, fifth in 2011). If there is a change in Tottenham, like additional resources, I will not be against the idea of staying. Otherwise, I will try to evolve as I did moving from Lens to Tottenham.

Where would you go?
Spain, Italy, Germany, the grass is always greener!

Is there any club you dream of playing for?
Frankly no. I prefer to focus on the city and it is really very good in London. And plus I'm spoilt for choice with the London clubs.

Arsenal have problems with left-backs....
(Interrupting) They mainly have problems with Tottenham (laughter). This transfer is not possible.

Would you return to France to play football?
Imagine while playing in England, you have derbies against Arsenal, Fulham, Chelsea, and West Ham if they are promoted. You have games against both Manchesters, Liverpool and even Aston Villa who are a good team. That's already 16 big matches in the season. In France you go to Ajaccio and to have bananas thrown at you and are called a dirty black? Seriously, you play against Marseille, Lyon, Montpellier and Paris. There are four teams in France. And even if there are clubs at the moment that are trendy and could make me glad to sign there, it'd be brick to play in Ligue 1. League one does not make me dream.

Is the idea is to play for a club that regularly participates in the Champions League?
Yes. All players want to play this competition. A few months ago, I said I never wanted to participate in the Europa League, because this competition is useless. Clubs are desparate to compete in the Champions League, not the Europa League! If I have to leave Tottenham, is to join a club that makes the CL. With my president, it was a gentleman's agreement. He is a man of his word, if it's a big club, I hope he makes it easy.

The recent scandal at the News of the World and the Murdoch trial showed how much the British tabloids have influence. Does it shock you that the press interfere with the lives of celebrities this much?
Murdoch, the guy who was in MacGyver? (Laughs) No, seriously, the tabloids are important for those who like to read that kind of crap. Look how many guys go to hookers and just because you're pro football player you don't have the right to do that and your face should be in the headlines? As long as it is not with a child, he can do what he wants with his time.

Noel Gallagher is a well known fan of Emirates Marketing Project, are there any stars in the Tottenham changing room?
Apart from the Tottenham no.32 , I do not know any

...Apart from the Tottenham 32.... Classic Benny...

http://www.tottenblog.com/2012/05/what-assou-ekotto-actually-said-full.html

Tottenham star Benoit Assou-Ekotto has hit back at rumours linking him with a move away from White Hart Lane.

Reports had suggested that the Cameroon international would seek a move away if Spurs failed to qualify for next season’s Champions League but the player himself has denied these.

“I want to take this opportunity to clarify some comments that have appeared in the media today,” he said.

“I am fully committed to Tottenham Hotspur and proud to represent the club in any match, whatever the competition.

“I am very much enjoying my time here. It is a wonderful club with great support.

“I am looking forward to recovering from my injury in time for next season.”

Shame the damage is already done, Daily Mail have a big story about him wanting out :rolleyes:

HE DEFINITELY READS GLORY GLORY! GHod I love Benny, and actually, personality aside, don't think he'd be as easy to replace as some people are making out. Underrated.

There are already people trying to convince us we can easily replace Luka and the same was true for Berba and Carrick. It's just a self defence mechanism.

You didn't read the thread, did you?

In fact, you didn't even read the page before this one to see if it was true or made up.

You're grumpy. I read the first two pages, then skipped the rest. My bad. I bow down and apologise to you personally.

But you didn't bother to try to understand a single bloody word of what I wrote, nor did you have the intelligence to recognise its meaning. My point was, and I'll type this slowly so that you can understand, that anybody who is not totally committed can leave. Hence the first sentence "BA-E can go if he wants, same as Modric, Bale, the lot of them".

Clear, or do you want me to draw pictures?

You're grumpy. I read the first two pages, then skipped the rest. My bad. I bow down and apologise to you personally.

But you didn't bother to try to understand a single bloody word of what I wrote, nor did you have the intelligence to recognise its meaning. My point was, and I'll type this slowly so that you can understand, that anybody who is not totally committed can leave. Hence the first sentence "BA-E can go if he wants, same as Modric, Bale, the lot of them".

Clear, or do you want me to draw pictures?

I want you to draw pictures. It would be a much more fun medium to express our ideas.

Though it might increase the abuse the harry out phalanx are able to convey...

I want you to draw pictures. It would be a much more fun medium to express our ideas.

Though it might increase the abuse the harry out phalanx are able to convey...

Mate, I think pictures would be great. Let's explore our artistry. Glenn and Ossie were painters with the ball but we can't be cos we're rubbish at football, but we can be anything we like on the ol' computer ;-)

Last edited:
So they make a headline and sell papers by saying he wants to leave then make a new headline next day saying he doesnt want to leave.

That's how to make money right there.

Back