• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - BAE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29281955

Benoit Assou-Ekotto gets three-game ban over 'quenelle' post

Tottenham full-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto has been banned for three matches after being found guilty of improper conduct in relation to the Nicolas Anelka "quenelle" incident.
Assou-Ekotto, 30, has also been ordered to pay a £50,000 fine by the Football Association making a comment on social media.
Anelka was banned for five games and fined £80,000 for making the "quenelle" gesture, which is associated with anti-Semitism, after scoring for West Brom at West Ham in December.

Giving a three match ban to a player not in our 25 man squad

Possible breach of contract (found guilty of racism) - could save us a few million in wages between now and June if it's grounds to sack him

It was Improper Conduct I think.. Not sure it is enough to cancel a contract over (although I have no idea.. Maybe this is what we were holding out for!)

"I have always said that when I tweeted Nicholas Anelka I was congratulating him on an anti-establishment gesture and not on an anti-Semitic gesture," the Cameroon international said.

"I am pleased that the panel has found this to be true and I want to assure Spurs fans that I would never knowingly behave in a racist or anti-Semitic manner."

A sad end to the career of one of my favourite players of recent times :(

I'm a big fan. But being caught being anti-Semitic working for a Jewish organisation is incredibly stupid at the very least.

It was Improper Conduct I think.. Not sure it is enough to cancel a contract over (although I have no idea.. Maybe this is what we were holding out for!)

"I have always said that when I tweeted Nicholas Anelka I was congratulating him on an anti-establishment gesture and not on an anti-Semitic gesture," the Cameroon international said.

"I am pleased that the panel has found this to be true and I want to assure Spurs fans that I would never knowingly behave in a racist or anti-Semitic manner."

A V sign is an anti-establishment gesture. A Nazi salute is a Nazi salute.

It's like Tommy Robinson claiming he only burns Qurans when he is cold and hasn't got any firewood

Daily Mail says, "The 35-year-old has not played since but has recently signed for Mumbai City ahead of the inaugural Indian Super League."

?

The 35 year old in the Indian Super League is Anelka.

Daily Fail said:
After his own re-enactment of the gesture, Anelka went on to represent West Brom on four more occasions before an FA ban of seven games - upon which the former Arsenal and Chelsea striker announced he was leaving the club - although West Brom claimed to have had no prior knowledge of such an agreement.
The 35-year-old has not played since but has recently signed for Mumbai City ahead of the inaugural Indian Super League.

What exactly is Benny's playing status?

I know he is unlikely to feature for us again, but surely at 30 he still has some football left in him. Is he injured or has he just packed up.
I liked Benny, he was a character, and put in some good performances for us. I feel a bit sad his career has fizzled out the way that it appears to have done.

He was at Hotspur Way the other day so interesting to see what's going on. I guess we will find out more in January.

What exactly is Benny's playing status?

I know he is unlikely to feature for us again, but surely at 30 he still has some football left in him. Is he injured or has he just packed up.
I liked Benny, he was a character, and put in some good performances for us. I feel a bit sad his career has fizzled out the way that it appears to have done.

You'd have to think it is for non-footballing reasons. I'm guessing the quenelle thing.

Still the clown of the group according to RM. It's a shame he wasn't released and allowed to look for another club.

He's a good player - shouldn't be a problem finding another club. That queenelle thing is unfortunate, should've used a private chat instead of social media.

Back