• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

It is understood the club have no intention of sacking Wenger, even if they fail to qualify for next season's Champions League.
The manager retains the unequivocal support of majority shareholder Stan Kroenke and his fellow directors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21530212

Ooh.. He's gotten the backing of the boardroom. That's usually the kiss of death.

Reading Football Club has announced today the departure of Manager Brian McDermott. Owner Anton Zingarevich wishes to place on record his thanks to Brian who had achieved great success with the club since taking over as Manager in December 2009.

Brian gained promotion to the Barclays Premier League last year for only the second time in the club’s history thanks to a remarkable run at the end of last season. However, in our current situation, owner Anton Zingarevich felt that a change was necessary.

The search for a successor will start immediately and it is hoped that a new Manager will be in place as soon as possible to lead the fight against potential relegation.

You never know!

Unfortunately, I think that's it for them. Although I believe many of us thought Southampton were doomed when they sacked Adkins and brought in there new manager yet he has worked wonders.

a couple of months ago i'd have said this was madness by reading and guaranteed relegation, but seeing the change at southampton it might be a good move

You never know!

Unfortunately, I think that's it for them. Although I believe many of us thought Southampton were doomed when they sacked Adkins and brought in there new manager yet he has worked wonders.

P7, W1, D3, L3

Probably a bit better than Adkins was achieving but working wonders is a bit of a stretch.

Outplayed Everton, unlucky not to win (D)
Outplayed Man Utd at Old Trafford, SAF said best team to have played there all season (L)
Drew with Wigan, were the better team, late goal conceded (D)
Outplayed Emirates Marketing Project, won at home 3-1 (W)
Lost away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine (L)
Lost at home to QPR, unacceptable (L)
Drew away at Norwich, even game really (D)

Sounds a bit like our results to be fair. We didn't outplay Everton, but we didn't deserve not to win or at least get a point. We outplayed United at OT, certainly in the first half, got our win though in the end. We lost to Wigan but our problem early on was conceding late goals. We havent played City at home yet, but I think it won't be as hard as made out. We lost away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, despite being on level terms. We never lost to QPR but bloody hell we nearly did, one of the worst performance I've seen Spurs play. We drew away at Norwich.

Working wonders probably was a stretch but under Prem football they have looked better under this new guy than they did under Adkins where for me they looked pants and a relegation waiting to happen.

Actually looking at Adkins' last 7 or 8 games before he was sacked, his record is similar / better than Poch.
It included 4 draws at Stoke, Fulham and Chelsea and with Arsenal and a win at Villa.

I've no idea how they are actually playing, I don't watch Southampton, but from a purely results perspective has there really been an upward trajectory since Poch took over or are other teams around them declining quicker?

Yeah, the whole sacking of Adkins was strange as they were starting to pick things up, they did well to draw against Chelsea after coming from 2 goals down and they should have beaten Arsenal too!

Yeah, the whole sacking of Adkins was strange as they were starting to pick things up, they did well to draw against Chelsea after coming from 2 goals down and they should have beaten Arsenal too!

You said above that that they looked pants and were a relegation waiting to happen though.

I really dont follow other clubs that closely so really can't comment in much detail, but I do think the belief that Poch has turned Saints' fortunes around looks like a bit of a myth so far.

You said above that that they looked pants and were a relegation waiting to happen though.

I really dont follow other clubs that closely so really can't comment in much detail, but I do think the belief that Poch has turned Saints' fortunes around looks like a bit of a myth so far.

They did. But that doesn't mean Adkins didn't do a good job, he got two promotions in two years for christ sakes. It'd be similar of me saying that second half of the season we looked brick and showed mid table form, despite Harry being sacked after 3 wins and 1 draw in his last 4 games.

Blackburn are a fudging joke.

..and I say that as someone whose sister is related through marriage to Gary Bowyer (an incredibly nice guy) who it looks like will be back in temporary charge. So good for him at least! \o/ (went on a four match unbeaten run, 3 wins 1 draw before Appleton!)

Who could they possibly hope to attract that can do a better job, but at the same time be stupid enough to join the circus?

Didn't someone let a chicken out at the game the other day :ross:

They really are an example of a badly run club aren't they?

Back