• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Spurs 'Target Mourinho'.

Premier League - Paper Round: Spurs target Mourinho

Tottenham will throw everything but the kitchen sink into their efforts to bring Jose Mourinho to White Hart Lane, should Harry Redknapp take the England job.

In an exclusive story in the Daily Mirror, the paper claims the Special One tops Spurs' list of replacements for Redknapp if the manager, as is widely expected, is hired by the national side.

The report states: "Spurs are attempting to put the block on further speculation linking Redknapp to the vacant England post, but while chairman Daniel Levy will drive a hard bargain if and when FA chiefs come knocking on his door, Mourinho will be his prime target."

Mourinho, who has made it clear he will quit Real Madrid in the summer, has reportedly been spotted house hunting in London, although Chelsea fans are still hoping that their former manager will return to Stamford Bridge to replace caretaker manager Roberto Di Matteo.

The same paper reports that Redknapp has confirmed Spurs are willing to smash their transfer-fee record to land Lille wonderkid Eden Hazard.

The Belgium playmaker would cost in the region of ?ú35 million - more than double paid for the man who currently holds the record - a certain David Bentley.

Meanwhile, the Sun reports that Chelsea supremo Roman Abramovich is still willing to wield the axe to rebuild his ageing squad - despite their Champions League heroics during the week.

The paper says: "Players like Didier Drogba, Ashley Cole and even captain John Terry are likely to discover that sentiment does not register with the Russian.

"That is also set to go for stand-in coach Roberto Di Matteo, who harbours dreams of landing the Stamford Bridge post on a full-time basis."

A highly-placed source told the paper: "Despite the euphoria that followed Chelsea's historic win over Napoli, it is unlikely to have much impact on the owner or lead to a radical change of thinking.

"To be honest, he doesn't give a damn what people think. He will do things his own way."

On the front page of today's Sun is a story that reveals a battle by John Terry to outlaw lip-reading evidence ahead of his looming trial for alleged racist abuse has flopped.

Tottenham will throw everything into their efforts to bring Jose Mourinho to White Hart Lane, should Harry Redknapp leave. - 2 The report states: "The soccer ace's high-priced legal team argued at a hastily-arranged court hearing it would be unfair because the case against him revolves around a single word - "black"."

Terry has been accused of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand in a game last October. Clips of the incident have been seen, but there is no sound.

The paper explains that the ex-England captain's barrister tried to argue in court that any evidence from lip experts should be banned because it would be just their opinion.

Yet Judge Riddle decreed: "It would be wrong in principle to try to decide this on paper without hearing the evidence. I propose to follow what is, in my view, the invariable practice ÔÇö and that's to hear all the evidence."

Just a couple of miles down the road from Stamford Bridge, Martin Jol is hoping to reignite his love affair with Dimitar Berbatov, according to the Sun.

While their relationship is likely to remain strictly platonic, the Fulham boss is keen on reviving the Bulgarian's career at Craven Cottage.

The pair know each other well from their days at Tottenham together and Jol is keen on a reunion if Manchester United allow the striker to leave.

In other news, Sunderland could lose Stephane Sessegnon in the summer as the Benin international and his family are homesick (Daily Mirror), Anderlecht want Arsenal striker Park Chu-young (Daily Mail), and Wolves players have been advised about their personal security when leaving Molineux if there is another hostile fans' reaction after Sunday's home game with Manchester United (Independent).

And finally, both the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph report an interview with John Fashanu in which the former Wimbledon striker claims his brother Justin was not gay.

Justin Fashanu committed suicide in 1998 eight years after revealing his homosexuality but now John says his late sibling was a publicity-seeker who made up stories to get money and attention.

Eurosport

Would redknapp have kept terry as captain?

I was wondering whether other people feel that maybe redknapp with how he likes to get behind players would have kept terry as captain. I think he would have done.

I've started a new season on FM with us 4 times now. Each time Redknapp is appointed England manager with Lampard appointed as captain. Just saying.

By the time this thread is done Harry will be the racist.

I remember once he said we had an black back four instead of a flat back four.

Your right another reason to want him out of the job, give it to a token black guy in the high sstreet, could not possibly do a worse job.

Harry - the final word on England?

[h=1]Redknapp: I'll never be England boss[/h] May 3, 2012

By ESPN staff

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp believes he may never have an opportunity to manage England after the Football Association opted to appoint Roy Hodgson this week.

Redknapp was regarded as favourite for the role following the sudden departure of Fabio Capello in February, before the FA surprisingly unveiled Hodgson on Tuesday. Redknapp, though, insists he is fully supportive of Hodgson ahead of Euro 2012, despite holding a fear that he may never guide the national team to a major tournament himself.

"I don't think it will ever happen now," said Redknapp. "Roy has four years and I hope he sees it out and has great success at the Euros. He will select a squad that is capable of giving it a real go and I think he'll do well.

"I'm fed up of hearing my name mentioned now. I'm history with that job. Roy deserves it, he's got it and I'm sure he'll make a great job of it.

"I'm looking forward to a summer holiday as I've had a difficult year. I'm looking forward to having a break and going away with my wife, before coming back and watching the Euros."

Redknapp was not contacted by the FA over the position, but says he understands the decision and is willing to move on swiftly in order to steer Spurs back toward a Champions League spot next season.

"I'm not disappointed at all, it's done," Redknapp said. "End of story, move on. Get behind the manager and forget about me. They made their minds up, and it's good enough.

"It's saved me making a decision, because I'm very happy at Tottenham. If they'd interviewed me I don't think Roy would have wanted it. I don't think I'd have done either if they were going to interview someone else.

"There's lots of lads about cleverer than me managing lower division clubs. I'm lucky, I'm managing one of the top four clubs in the country. I get very well paid, I've got a fantastic job, so I don't feel anyone owes me anything. I didn't wake up on Monday morning and think: 'What's happened to my life, I'm not the England manager'."

Back