• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

where are the redknapp conspirators now? no decision was ever made. no approach was ever made.

oh but 'arry was posturing for a move and fudging us over wasn't he? hahaha what a joke.

Do you actually believe that?

Thats EXACTLY what 'St. Harry' was doing, and Spurs suffered because of it. Redknapp is interested in no.1, and money. Above all else. At 64 he knew it was his only shot at the top job, and I bet he is going ballistic about it now. I don't believe that Spurs will ever consistently and solidly challenge for the CL and the title with him in charge. Dream on. Until we get a Mourhino, or similar calibre manager, and new big money backing, it won't happen. The evidence of the last 20 years is there as clear as day. Redknapp doesn't have the tactical skills to fight/compete at the highest levels, IMHO, and isn't a big enough 'name' to attract the best players. We shall see about the latter, if he stays.

As has been accurately said on this MB by Moonlit Knight, you don't judge by one result (and that counts for either direction, good or bad), and some of the over the top responses to last nights game show not all follow this principle. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Last night was a decent win, but at 1 -1 it could have swung the other way, as Bolton were getting on top when we scored the second. Good win, nonetheless. The win against Blackburn before, should have been by a much bigger margin. A slaughter. Blackburn put in one of the worst PL displays I have ever seen, and we struggled to beat them.

Our salvation may be who we are playing in the last few games. I thought both Blackburn and Bolton would put up much more of a fight than they did. Villa are brick, but they are at home, and in danger. The BIG banana skin is home to Fulham, and a manager in Jol with an axe to grind. I cannot see The filth slipping up in either of their last two games. Then you know what will happen in Munich (I never thought Cheatski would get past Barca....who did?). They need it just as much to be in the CL next season, as to win it. A double-edged sword.

Looks like UEFA time again. Hope I'm wrong. But I'm not wrong about 'Arry.

The whole fudging us over conspiracy doesn't have to include him plotting and scheming to leave the club.
He could simply have said officially that he was not interested, then contacted the FA and said he was interested, but for the sake of the club wanted to keep the media off our backs.

That is where he is at fault. He is supposed to be good with media, he could have shown at least that much understanding of how they work.

Oh Redknapp knows the media all right, and he and Spice Boy Jamie have used it to gain advantage since Cappelo resigned. Except it backfired on this occasion.

Well if it means we get the results like the last two games .. great, lets put this brick behind us and get some results!

Results like the last two?? We struggled to beat convincingly, the worst PL side I have ever seen in Blackburn, and thankfully the tide swung in our favour at a crucial time (1-1) against Bolton. If if had been against MUFC/Emirates Marketing Project/Cheatski/Filth, or even Swansea etc, I might agree with you.

I am not saying that he wouldn't have considered, of course he would. What I am saying is that he wasn't going BEHIND the clubs back, like so many were suggesting, posturing for the job, whoring himself out so to speak..

The flimflam that has ensued following the Capello departure has been 90% media and journalist generated, you can't blame redknapp for printing papers can you?

Is your middle name Tommy.... the deaf, dumb and blind kid!

Results like the last two?? We struggled to beat convincingly, the worst PL side I have ever seen in Blackburn, and thankfully the tide swung in our favour at a crucial time (1-1) against Bolton. If if had been against MUFC/Emirates Marketing Project/Cheatski/Filth, or even Swansea etc, I might agree with you.

That is some way to spin the fact that our opposition didn't have a shot on target in one match and the fact that we win 4-1 away from home in the other into a negative! Well played!

That is some way to spin the fact that our opposition didn't have a shot on target in one match and the fact that we win 4-1 away from home in the other into a negative! Well played!

After Bolton equalised, they started to get the upper hand. Two quick goals snuffed that. But it COULD have gone the other way at a pivotal point. As for Blackburn, we should have won by a hatful. Worryingly, we didn't.... for all our 'dominance'.

After Bolton equalised, they started to get the upper hand. Two quick goals snuffed that. But it COULD have gone the other way at a pivotal point. As for Blackburn, we should have won by a hatful. Worryingly, we didn't.... for all our 'dominance'.

And in many, many of the games we have dropped points in during this bad run, we 'could' have swung the game in our favour, if only Taraabt's free kick didn't go in, if only we took that chance at that point etc etc etc.

You can't think like that, unless you want to be overly negative. We won 4-1 away from home playing great football. We were so dominant against Blackburn that they failed to have a single shot. A game where the team is going to sit back and show literally zero ambition is never likely to be a 4 goal spanking. That's why I don't begrudge the wins earlier in the season at home to the likes of Villa, West Brom, Everton etc. We dominated, got a couple of goals, or just one against WBA, and got the points. That's the objective. No point in trying to turn these 2 wins into another stick to beat Harry with because it's ridiculous.

Back