• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Levy has had a long time to prepare for this. I'm certain he has plans for many different scenarios. One thing's for sure, he has learned from previous sackings and appointments.

I agree with this, he will be ahead of the curve on this I would think. Still likely to be unimpressed with how the coverage has developed.

I agree with this, he will be ahead of the curve on this I would think. Still likely to be unimpressed with how the coverage has developed.

Not only have the media gotten Terry removed from captaincy and Capello fired, they are now trying to decide who replaces him... I wonder if they have these sort of issues in other countries..

IF Harry goes and we got Mourinho can you imagine the message that would send out to the other teams? That we Tottenham Hotspur are SERIOUS CONTENDERS!! Mourinho is a man who beat Fergueson to win 3 Titles in a row, a man who did at Inter what Mancini was unable to (win the CL) & he essentially made Arsenal an irrelevance from which they've still not recovered. Nothing would devastate the chavs more than Spurs winning the League with Mourinho as manager.

The gooners would be well Jel!!

Last edited:
Not only have the media gotten Terry removed from captaincy and Capello fired, they are now trying to decide who replaces him... I wonder if they have these sort of issues in other countries..

Agreed.

We should just abolish the FA an let the media run the game, cut out the middle man.

The FA is equally as bad in this case. But most irritating is the fact that Rooney and other high profile individuals can so brazenly call for the appointment of our manager like they have. No respect for the club at all. Would think Levy is considering all options right now if they do approach Harry.

426222_10150520105260846_580200845_9235044_835201698_n.jpg

As others have said disappointed, but we know it's been his ambition to manage England and he may never have another opportunity.

LOL the media!
The FA have orchestrated every part of this. They wanted Capello out and Redknapp in before the Euros. They wanted to sort out the Terry/ Ferdinand mess before a Redknapp came in.
So they stripped Terry of the Yellow without involving Capello. Thus provoking Capello.
Capello went public with comments as they knew he would. Then he was in breach of his England contract http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/06/fabio-capello-fa-john-terry
So they arranged a meeting with Capello a few hours after the Redknapp verdict.

If the FA hadn't have planned this all in advance how do the media know Pearce will be in charge against Holland and what coaching set up they want Redknapp to have. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...A-appointed-coaching-staff-article863161.html

They've been briefing sports journos behind the scenes about this for days. Look how primed and ready they were instantly calling for Redknapp for the England job as soon as he was cleared.

Can only echo the thoughts of others.

I would be very sad to see him go but I would fully understand that being England manager had been his long cherished dream. So I would thank him for all that he has done to restore pride and glory to our great club and I would wish him all the best.

My order =

1) Mourinho
2) Hiddink
3) Moyes = Coyle = Rodgers

Wouldn't mind any of them. If however we decide to give Tim fudging Sherwood the full time position i'll be physically ill.

you miserable bastard, you could have had me at 4!

OK 5

I would go for Neil Warnock

yep - I know

But what did everyone say when Harry took over?

The only problem with Warnock is he can wring blood out of a stone - when he managed QPR, all of a sudden they weren't 3rd tier, inspired to get to 1st tier.

But he's a canny man, Given a box of jewels, I reckon he could surprise everyone, just like Harry did.

But it would be Hiddink, or Capello otherwise, budget permitting

shame about ancelotti

we have about as much chance of getting Michael jackson as the next manager, as we do Mourinho.

hold his dog hostage.................

lets face it - certain people have accused Harry (when he started) of being a lying two faced bastard, over his dealings on the south coast
If he took the offer to lead England - no one could say it was a surprise or that he brick on us or stabbed us in the back.

Thanks for the ride Harry, its been magnificent

Please take Sherwood and leave Joe

Delighted or gutted: Reaction within the game

Independent columnist Neil Warnock

"I'm delighted. I only saw them failing at the Euros with him. There's nobody else other than Harry Redknapp [to replace him]. It's a long time since England had a man everybody agrees with and who can get the best out of the team. He brings humour to the dressing room and that has been missing in Fabio's time. It's possible for Harry to do it part-time until then but that depends on Tottenham. [Euro 2012] with Harry will be something to look forward to."

Jack Wheelchair

"Shocked about news on Fabio Capello... gutted to be honest, gave me my first cap and believed in me. He has shown great belief and trust in me so I can only thank him....massive influence on my career so far. Sad to see him go"

Kyle Walker

"Gutted to see Capello go, he put trust in me and gave me my first cap, just want to say a big thanks."

Rio Ferdinand

"So Capello resigns.... what now...."

Glen Johnson

"Sad news to see Capello step down. Good man and a good manager."

Alan Shearer

"England should be managed by an Englishman and I would go along with Harry Redknapp as the outstanding candidate. He's a genius at motivating players."

Back