• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

BBC Sport

FFS!! I thought he was "focused on Tottenham"?

At least there's a chance that this view will put the FA off from offering him the job.

How long have you been a Spurs fan ? Never believe what Harry tells us. He is a lying twitchy old ba5tard who unfortunately happens to be making our team superb. Thats what's saving him.

My 23 man squad would be:

GK
Hart
Foster
Green

RB
Richards
Walker

LB
Cole
Baines

CB
Terry
Ferdinand
Lescott
Jones

CM
Parker
Wheelchair
Gerrard
Cleverley

Wingers
Young
Oxlade Chamberlain
Milner

Strikers
Rooney
Sturridge
Wellbeck

Well that's the 21 i'd DEFINATELY take as of right now. The other striker is 1 out of Carroll, Crouch or Zamora (need a target man type) so whoever is in the best form come the end of the season.

The other choice is in the midfield position. I'd play 4-3-3 and Sturridge would play AMR so i don't really think we need another winger......which makes the last choice a cm. 1 of Scholes, Lampard or Barry depending on form until the end of the season.

Right now i'm leaning towards Zamora and Scholes for the last 2 positions.

First X1:

-------------------------Hart-----------------------------

Richards---------Terry-------------Lescott-----------Cole

--------------------Parker----Wheelchair---------------------

------------------------Gerrard---------------------------

---Sturridge---------------------------------------Young---

-------------------------Rooney----------------------------

Why is Oxlaide Chamberlain getting in everyones squad ahead of Lennon? The guy has only played 6 Premiership games, none of which he has finished

Wasn't there some controversy with Pardew about him allegedly shagging one of his players' missus?

Or am I imagining the whole thing (pretty weird thing to imagine 8-[ )

Anyway, I think he has done a very good job with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and that their side is really quite good, and quite young. He came across very well in the post match interview too

I like Pardew's voice and accent. One of the few whose interviews I can actually understand

Plus he was very complimentary towards in the PMI

What this thread goes to show is that, Wheelchair aside, England have a serious lack of talent coming through in central midfield.

Which is a terrible shame, because in Rooney, Sturridge, Wellbeck, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Smalling, Jones, Walker and Hart, we've got a decent spine in place. But central midfield is arguably the most important part of the pitch. A few years ago we had Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, Hargreaves, Barry and Carrick all at their peak competing for places. Now who have we got, Jordan Henderson?

Acutally I had high hopes for Henderson as a player but he's shown very little this season, imv

Possibly even gone backwards?

So many people have Rooney in their teams.
The guy is banned for 2 games. By which point they'll be pretty much out.

England have already fudged up their Euro's chances with their ridiculous travel arrangements.
They are based at Krakow. They have to travel 930 miles to Donetsk for first game, the 930 miles back to the hotel.
4 days later they have to play a game in Kiev 540 miles away and 540 back.
And for their final game its another 930 mile journey to Donetsk.

So many people have Rooney in their teams.
The guy is banned for 2 games. By which point they'll be pretty much out.

England have already fudged up their Euro's chances with their ridiculous travel arrangements.
They are based at Krakow. They have to travel 930 miles to Donetsk for first game, the 930 miles back to the hotel.
4 days later they have to play a game in Kiev 540 miles away and 540 back.
And for their final game its another 930 mile journey to Donetsk.

Capello gets the final laugh?

The way Scholes has been consistently overlooked for England throughout his entire career has been a disgrace. How he only played 66 games and the likes of Gerrard and Lampard got 90 odd appearences each is baffling, and even when he did play he was being shoehorned in to the team on the left half the time.

Didn't he retire from International football ages ago?

I can't believe that people are picking Terry, aside from being a highly divisive player to have within the squad, he showed at the last World Cup that he is just not good enough for major international tournaments anymore.

I can't believe that people are picking Terry, aside from being a highly divisive player to have within the squad, he showed at the last World Cup that he is just not good enough for major international tournaments anymore.

I'd pick Terry.

The other players might get distracted knowing he might be at home with their wives.

Back