• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I don't think anyone believes that.

I think there is a question (although no more than that) over the moral integrity of anyone involved with Mendes.

There is a question around the moral integrity of FIFA, UEFA, FA and pretty much all agents in the game, this is very much a play with dogs and you will get ticks.

If you watch the Ally Gold piece, the super interesting piece is "in eleven years at Juve, Paratici bought 3 Mendes players"

I'm not worried about Levy & Paratici suddenly becoming Mendes stooges ..

Few thoughts:

1) As i said other day, underwhelming, yes. for sure. But, fully behind Nuno now, he's managed abroad and in PL well, so can't complain on that front. Let's just get on now and back the man. Some hard games to start with though.

2) Don't get this Mendes business as if he's selling old tat and we're just gonna buy for the sake of it. I truly think with Paratici and Nuno now, we have a model where we will buy suitable players regardless of their agents.

3) Is it:
Nuno's Blue and White army
Nuno Santos blue and white army
Nuno Espirito Santos blue and white army?

I didnt realise he had been a goalie, apart from Zoff I cant remember a successful coach having been a goalie. Time will tell, Im pleased this issue has been settled and can now look forward to the new season. My biggest worry is the new season ticket being app driven as the battery in my phone is always critical low and I often leave home without it.

Levy has you covered:
01_86412-00001.jpg

Has anyone read anything on his Wolves Championship team? Even though he had good players, he must have had to play on the front foot there to break down defensive sides.

I’ve seen the Tifo video on Porto, seems he got into too many draws at one point, but was at least flexible in finding solutions to overcome that.

Hello. Nice to see that in the main, the early vitriol about the appointment has died down a bit, as I obviously rate/loved/worshipped Nuno as a Wolves fan.
As to the chumpionship, it was...different.
Not necessarily overly attacking, we rarely truly battered anyone (apart from Bolton, Leeds and Burton), but it was mostly just about control and suffocating them.
Didn’t particularly press in the opposing half, was about pressing from the halfway line and setting traps.
obviously we had superior quality in some areas of the pitch, but apart from Neves, Boly and Jota, there weren’t many in that side that anyone would have down as vastly superior on paper, until they started playing like it. So for those sitting deep: we’d play it around the back, wingers dragging defenders around, trying to open space either for themselves or the wing-backs...then boom, Hollywood ball from Neves or Coady and they’re cut open.
Generally a mix of fast counter attacks and patient possession, similar to in the prem, but more dominant. Get at least 1 up, then strangle them.

I don’t know whether any of you will be entertained by Nuno and his football, but he and the play style were certainly engaging (until last season).
He improved individuals, the team, overachieved compared to budget, and was universally adored for it.
Can’t pretend I hope he does the same, as really I’d prefer it to be a car crash and Wolves can steal your faltering spot near the top, but can’t see it somehow.

Hello. Nice to see that in the main, the early vitriol about the appointment has died down a bit, as I obviously rate/loved/worshipped Nuno as a Wolves fan.
As to the chumpionship, it was...different.
Not necessarily overly attacking, we rarely truly battered anyone (apart from Bolton, Leeds and Burton), but it was mostly just about control and suffocating them.
Didn’t particularly press in the opposing half, was about pressing from the halfway line and setting traps.
obviously we had superior quality in some areas of the pitch, but apart from Neves, Boly and Jota, there weren’t many in that side that anyone would have down as vastly superior on paper, until they started playing like it. So for those sitting deep: we’d play it around the back, wingers dragging defenders around, trying to open space either for themselves or the wing-backs...then boom, Hollywood ball from Neves or Coady and they’re cut open.
Generally a mix of fast counter attacks and patient possession, similar to in the prem, but more dominant. Get at least 1 up, then strangle them.

I don’t know whether any of you will be entertained by Nuno and his football, but he and the play style were certainly engaging (until last season).
He improved individuals, the team, overachieved compared to budget, and was universally adored for it.
Can’t pretend I hope he does the same, as really I’d prefer it to be a car crash and Wolves can steal your faltering spot near the top, but can’t see it somehow.
Always great to here a different perspective

There is a question around the moral integrity of FIFA, UEFA, FA and pretty much all agents in the game, this is very much a play with dogs and you will get ticks.

If you watch the Ally Gold piece, the super interesting piece is "in eleven years at Juve, Paratici bought 3 Mendes players"

I'm not worried about Levy & Paratici suddenly becoming Mendes stooges ..
It's probably a big reason we went for him - he is colossus in the football world, so will be able to resist and manoeuvre around the factions that try to influence things nefariously

What specifically do you think is the problem with Mendes? Is it that money flows out of the clubs / players' hands and into the agents'?

That would be fine. But it is the clubs that pay the agents fees not the players in the modern era.

Back