• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

They got 7th twice in a row. The season before last they matched us on points.

Even more reason to be positive. All this covid stuff has played havoc with my memory of recent seasons and it still feels that Poch left recently. I still expect to smell the lemons in Bobby Ewing-like shower scene.

Even more reason to be positive. All this covid stuff has played havoc with my memory of recent seasons and it still feels that Poch left recently. I still expect to smell the lemons in Bobby Ewing-like shower scene.
It’s because that was about 12 years ago

Yeah...I think we'll be absolutely fine with Nuno. Seems like he played the way he needed to dominated the Championship in terms of chances created, and then adjusted after they got promoted so that they still had a system that they could rely on, but it relied a little bit more on the counter.

And from other articles I've read, it seems like he was intent on changing Wolves to a more possession orientated approach last season but injuries but a spanner in the works for that. But he recognised that teams were treating them with more respect and he needed to adjust.

So that's really good for us. I think someone who is adaptable is actually right in our sweet spot.

Has anyone read anything on his Wolves Championship team? Even though he had good players, he must have had to play on the front foot there to break down defensive sides.

I’ve seen the Tifo video on Porto, seems he got into too many draws at one point, but was at least flexible in finding solutions to overcome that.
I was speaking to a Baggies fan today who, as much as it pained him, was telling me that Wolves were a very strong attacking team that season. Blew everyone away apparently.

Do find the argument against hiring nuno hilarious. It will mean mendes will bend over levy and make him buy players he doesn't want.

There is irony there somewhere.
I don't think anyone believes that.

I think there is a question (although no more than that) over the moral integrity of anyone involved with Mendes.

I don't think anyone believes that.

I think there is a question (although no more than that) over the moral integrity of anyone involved with Mendes.

First ever client wasn't he? A footballer asking a friend to talk in negotiations for him, don't sound to bad to me. Mendes went on from there and made a fortune.

Money going out of football into agents pockets, and it getting totally out of control isn't good obviously. Hopefully fifas new rules curtail that. But a player or manager wanting an agent is fair enough. They should just have to pay for them, themselves.

First ever client wasn't he? A footballer asking a friend to talk in negotiations for him, don't sound to bad to me. Mendes went on from there and made a fortune.

Money going out of football into agents pockets, and it getting totally out of control isn't good obviously. Hopefully fifas new rules curtail that. But a player or manager wanting an agent is fair enough. They should just have to pay for them, themselves.
He appears to have been a conduit through which Mendes has been pushing players.

It may be that he was taking advantage of a closeness to get players he otherwise couldn't have attracted, it may be that he is a vehicle for Mendes.

I don't particularly care as long as he doesn't do it at Spurs, but nobody associates with the likes of Mendes and has clean hands.

He appears to have been a conduit through which Mendes has been pushing players.

It may be that he was taking advantage of a closeness to get players he otherwise couldn't have attracted, it may be that he is a vehicle for Mendes.

I don't particularly care as long as he doesn't do it at Spurs, but nobody associates with the likes of Mendes and has clean hands.
Mendes relationship with Wolves ran much deeper than Nuno.

What specifically do you think is the problem with Mendes? Is it that money flows out of the clubs / players' hands and into the agents'?

What specifically do you think is the problem with Mendes? Is it that money flows out of the clubs / players' hands and into the agents'?
As a more general point, I'd be throughly scrubbing my hands (and checking my wallet) any time I got within 10 yds of a football agent.

This one seems to be at the centre of most of the hidden payment claims, the last minute Moutinho price hike, the third party ownership of so many players and the general conflict of interest caused by placing his players through his clients are all concerns.

As a more general point, I'd be throughly scrubbing my hands (and checking my wallet) any time I got within 10 yds of a football agent.

This one seems to be at the centre of most of the hidden payment claims, the last minute Moutinho price hike, the third party ownership of so many players and the general conflict of interest caused by placing his players through his clients are all concerns.

Anything genuinely unethical or unlawful I'd have a major concern with. But until proven I'd assume he's a person who is very good at his job and very influential in the game.

And it's interesting that he seems to be a genuine strategic influencer in the game, not an order-taker, not a bottom-feeder. And I think very few agents get to the point where they have his power. Where he can seriously influence players to join certain clubs, where his say has such sway. I think it's interesting at this point rather than scary. If we get on the right side of him, maybe that's a good thing? Arguably it's worked very well for Wolves.

Levy has been known to do his own last minute price drops when bidding, so maybe he seems a kindred spirit.

Anything genuinely unethical or unlawful I'd have a major concern with. But until proven I'd assume he's a person who is very good at his job and very influential in the game.

And it's interesting that he seems to be a genuine strategic influencer in the game, not an order-taker, not a bottom-feeder. And I think very few agents get to the point where they have his power. Where he can seriously influence players to join certain clubs, where his say has such sway. I think it's interesting at this point rather than scary. If we get on the right side of him, maybe that's a good thing? Arguably it's worked very well for Wolves.

Levy has been known to do his own last minute price drops when bidding, so maybe he seems a kindred spirit.
He's not guilty of the third party ownership stuff in the same way City are not guilty of FFP breaches.

Back