• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I would love nothing more than it to just be the manager that is the problem as that would mean it’s a quick fix. But it’s not. Because we’ve tried changing managers, and tried it again. We’ve seen the same level of brick at The Emirates again and again and again.

The problem goes so far beyond just the manager,it’s not even funny…..

I have been among those insisting for him to be given time but:
1. To start the NLD with not even ONE summer signing is frankly bewildering if not criminal. Is he saying he can do more with the squad he inherited than Mourinho and Pochettino?
2. Then to compound it all he opts for a formation which is so obviously unsuited for the players we have... the only round holes that can take round pegs is 4-2-3-1
3. Persisting with players who are so obviously not up to it. Dele and Ndombele being the prime suspects.

We can discuss Kane in his thread....
Nailed it
When I saw that line up I thought… ok
We signed Romero as he was brilliant last season. Him and Dier were great last weekend IMO

the issue we have is dele and Tanguy
We’re trying to make dele into a box to box player and he hasn’t played like that since he left MK
We’re trying to make Tanguy into a hybrid of Eriksen/Dembele … both worked so hard without the ball. Tanguy doesn’t work ever
Our running stats are woeful
Nothing can improve if we don’t work harder. It’s impossible
You shift that side to a 4-2-3-1

hugo
JFet or Royal
Romero
Dier
Reggie
Skipp
Hojdjberg
Lucas
Kane
Son
Gil
You stiffen up the midfield by adding Lo Celso
You change the attack by bringing in dele
Against non pressing teams you can play Tanguy in CMpp
PPP
or you go 3-4-3
Issue there is not an attacking right back
Either way… trying to make CMS of Tanguy or dele isn’t working

Nailed it
When I saw that line up I thought… ok
We signed Romero as he was brilliant last season. Him and Dier were great last weekend IMO

the issue we have is dele and Tanguy
We’re trying to make dele into a box to box player and he hasn’t played like that since he left MK
We’re trying to make Tanguy into a hybrid of Eriksen/Dembele … both worked so hard without the ball. Tanguy doesn’t work ever
Our running stats are woeful
Nothing can improve if we don’t work harder. It’s impossible
You shift that side to a 4-2-3-1

hugo
JFet or Royal
Romero
Dier
Reggie
Skipp
Hojdjberg
Lucas
Kane
Son
Gil
You stiffen up the midfield by adding Lo Celso
You change the attack by bringing in dele
Against non pressing teams you can play Tanguy in CMpp
PPP
or you go 3-4-3
Issue there is not an attacking right back
Either way… trying to make CMS of Tanguy or dele isn’t working

he is to scared to drop Dele/Kane

That is relegation stats, and it's not down to luck or unlucky decision-making against us.
The distance covered is absolutely abysmal. Not creating chances etc can just be down to brick players or bad tactics but not covering ground should be met with docked wages. It's the absolute bare minimum for a professional footballer regardless of ability.

Agree. We've played well for 45 mins this season - the first half against chelsea when we actually tried to attack. The rest of the performances have been unacceptable

I thought we were good against City as well, but yes, we've largely been very very poor this season.

The distance covered is absolutely abysmal. Not creating chances etc can just be down to brick players or bad tactics but not covering ground should be met with docked wages. It's the absolute bare minimum for a professional footballer regardless of ability.

The ground covered is a result of our tactics. We sit back in our half meaning we're not pressing up in the opposition half and chasing them. We get back in positions and sit there meaning we dont need to run

Problem is it results in the opposition having a lot of the ball and getting confidence

Needs to go. He's been dreadful. We can sit back and say he needs time and it'd be unfair but this fella is so far out of his depth that giving him time is just wasting time. It's inevitable at this stage.

Levy is many things but he also has a pair of balls when it comes to these decisions. Pull the trigger now.

The ground covered is a result of our tactics. We sit back in our half meaning we're not pressing up in the opposition half and chasing them. We get back in positions and sit there meaning we dont need to run

Problem is it results in the opposition having a lot of the ball and getting confidence
It’s not
It’s about work rate
Covering ground
Making up space
I bet Mouras stats today were more than anyone’s in our side

Levy is many things but he also has a pair of balls when it comes to these decisions. Pull the trigger now.

Yes, the image of the club going down the toilet is something which he'll care about, as well as being a million miles of looking good enough to quality for the EL or ECL, let alone CL

Needs to go. He's been dreadful. We can sit back and say he needs time and it'd be unfair but this fella is so far out of his depth that giving him time is just wasting time. It's inevitable at this stage.

I'm sure we're working on a plan b behind the scenes, but we're not going to sack him and get Mason in as caretaker. We'll line someone up eventually, and if results are still brick, he'll be dropped - but I'd be very very surprised if it happened any time soon.

I'm sure we're working on a plan b behind the scenes, but we're not going to sack him and get Mason in as caretaker. We'll line someone up eventually, and if results are still brick, he'll be dropped - but I'd be very very surprised if it happened any time soon.

How many more defeats do you think? Lose the next 2? 3?

Maybe not. He's a lame duck to me though. Look at the signs. The stats. The stories coming out. In my view, the players don't believe in this fella.

Perhaps we don't have a plan b yet and it's too soon. But Nuno won't make Christmas. These results are absolutely unacceptable but the lack of effort, borne out by statistics, mean the end is nigh.

Back