• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Now I feel sorry for Nuno and angry at Levy and Paratici. Everyone knew it was wrong from the start. Nuno had a great job at Wolves and they tempted a good man with unachievable dreams.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

Nuno had left Wolves long before he was even linked with the Spurs job.

It’s amazing the lengths people go to on here to have a pop at Levy/the club.

Poor Nuno. As many on here have said, he seems like a decent chap who ended up a very square peg in a pretty round hole. As opposed to Mourinho, who was just a 'hole.

I was excited at his appointment. I don't follow football anywhere near as much as many of you on this board, mainly watching Spurs matches and Match of the Day, but I liked Wolves' direct play. There were games against us where they tore us apart. I was hoping that Nuno would step up and, with a better average level of player, become another Poch-type appointment. I was wrong. The play was turgid, directionless, and I found his lack of substitutions deeply disturbing.

I really didn't expect the utter lack of system, which was plainly obvious on Saturday. Whether it's the players, the manager, or just more of the deep malaise that seems to have infected my club, something had to change. And the manager takes responsibility.

I don't hold Levy (and Paratici) blameless, but we'll never know what really happened in the transfer window.

Good luck Nuno. Fingers crossed for his replacement...

So angry with Levy and ENIC at the moment. Absolutely disgusted with this managerial fiasco.
Agree, but looking at the bigger picture - a few points off fourth,having played all the big 6 except Liverpool and the likes of West Ham too and Conte comes in and will spend? Things could be worse….

Mourinho was not the best, fans like yourself gave him no chance before he even walked in.

Fonseca again has done nothing. The brand of football you want will never fit with these current players. I'd rather have a manager who knows how to win and has the balls to make demands of the club and players.
We've seen what happens when a manager has the balls to make demands of the club.... They get sacked. Our chairman's main concern is self preservation unfortunately.

Good luck in the future Nuno!

But, tbf, we have been awful and he's been a pretty brick manager for us :)

onwards & upwards...

It was a joke of an appointment. Levy has really messed up the last couple of managerial appointments.
We've got to stop swinging from one type of a manager to a totally different one (although the last two have been similar),
set on a style we want and look to keep hiring the same type of manager and players to suit that style.
If Paratici is behind Nunos hiring then question have to be raised about his appointment as well.
The next appointment really needs to be right.

Even though Nuno was a disaster he seems a decent person and I wish him well in the future.

Reactions: DTA
I was surprised to see that it was in part reaction that led to Nuno’s dismissal. Is this not the same reaction that trended around Twitter even before his appointment?

A good guy but we looked rudderless with him at the helm. We had no identity, no tactics, seemed to change one week to the next and in one of his last interviews, he pretty much said that we had to work at everything, true but also very reminiscent of Christian Gross’s ‘we must work harder on the training ground’.

Sorry for Nuno, but I’ve been speaking out loudly on here that he needs to go and so I’m happy for today. Now it’s vital that we make the correct appointment next, or at least a measured sensible one as success is never guaranteed. If not, we risk more dead paths and wasting more time all the while falling further behind.

That is so classically what one writes in the leaving card for a bad appointee from a different business unit, to whom you have never spoken, that I bet you’ve put 20p in the collection envelope and already agreed to give your eldest a lift to their ninjutsu class on the night of the leaving do.
True to an extent
I though liked what I saw of Nuno away from Spurs management and felt uncomfortable watching him flounder.

I hope that he finds a role that rehabilitates him in the eyes of the footballing world. He's looked shellshocked and a bit disengaged for a while.
A move away from the PL might be best.

More than anything, he looks like he needs a rest. To be honest, he needed one when he left Wolves - it's just that the Spurs job was probably a step up he couldn't turn down.

Part of it must be down the pandemic - he's mentioned before how much it's affected him, and how much he missed his family during those lockdowns. Combined with the injuries that wrecked his final season at Wolves (including the traumatic experiences of the Jimenez injury) and the sh*tshow he's had to go through here, I'm not surprised that the end result is an exhausted man.

I hope he does what Poch did - just goes away and grills on his porch for a few months, or whatever makes him happy. He'll find reasonable success elsewhere as a pragmatic mid-table coach - but he needs to get the energy back to do that.

But football is a results business. They don’t deserve a life pass for the good work they did 5-10 years ago. If we had a great long term manager but he took the club backwards consistently over a period of 5 years we would sack him. What is the difference when it comes to a chairman? Should he just be allowed to keep making the same mistakes over and over because we want to win the right way and are scared of “doing a Leeds” if we sold the club to literally anyone else?
Indeed.... Levy sacked a manager who was absolutely brilliant for us for 4 years after only a third of a season... Unfortunately the majority owner doesn't hold Daniel to the same standards.

Back