• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

The two should be working together on transfers. But the idea of the DoF pointing out what he sees as tactical errors to the coach is ridiculous:D…..
Yes it is I agree, but Nuno was so out of his depth, looked so isolated, surely Fabio would have said a few words to him. Just like a good line manager might talk to a struggling member of staff. The thing is we are on the verge of getting rid of Nuno, he was only ever a stop gap and in the end it feels like he got very little support from anyone. The human part of me feels sorry for him. Anyway looks like he is gone now.

Would be the perfect fit if Levy and Co have any ambition. We need a bastard hard as nails to stick it to the players and the chairman in delivering a winning mentality.

Not saying that he would walk the league but it would send out the right message to the fans.

All of which means we won’t go near him.

Ideal scenario now is Gallardo on a pre-contract for 1 January, with Mason and Powell in for the next two months

There is no scenario in which Mason is ideal.

If Nuno does go, Levy and Paratici should hold their hands up. They appointed a defensive manager and asked him to play attacking football with a squad that only has 2 players capable of putting the ball in the net regularly.

It actually baffles me the football side of the club.

We will remain also-rans at best until we get new owners. I’m convinced of that now.

If Levy were leading an organisation in any other walk of life he’d be gone, given his incredibly poor decision making over the last three or four years.

I don't want him sacked, but I do want better football. I can't understand how you change your philosophy as a coach when the change blatantly isn't working. Did Nuno's teams always play crap football? It's like when Poch went for the diamond. It didn't worm, but would he change it?

Can't Nuno tell them all to "just faakin' run araand a bit" and be done with it? It's worked before...

I know a lot aren’t keen on the Mason angle (even short term), but at least it would remove the toxicity and that in turn might help the players.

I don't want him sacked, but I do want better football. I can't understand how you change your philosophy as a coach when the change blatantly isn't working. Did Nuno's teams always play crap football? It's like when Poch went for the diamond. It didn't worm, but would he change it?

Can't Nuno tell them all to "just faakin' run araand a bit" and be done with it? It's worked before...

The Poch diamond is probably the most wound up I've ever been by a managers tactics. I still cannot to this day understand why he deviated from what had worked so well, for so long. Arghhhh, you've brought it all back up!

Doesn’t speak english.

Anyone other than potter would be a disgrace at this point, as he is so obviously by far and away the outstanding gettable candidate for the job.

He speaks Spanish and French, which covers all our starting players bar Skipp, Son and Kane.

For me Gallardo looks the next super manager in the making. Potter I'm a big fan of, but Gallardo could be the best in the world for this coming decade. A Poch++

Also Gallardo is available now (out of contract at the end of the Argentinian season in a few week). Potter won't leave Brighton mid-season I'm fairly sure; he seems an honourable guy.

He speaks Spanish and French, which covers all our starting players bar Skipp, Son and Kane.

For me Gallardo looks the next super manager in the making. Potter I'm a big fan of, but Gallardo could be the best in the world for this coming decade. A Poch++

Also Gallardo is available now (out of contract at the end of the Argentinian season in a few week). Potter won't leave Brighton mid-season I'm fairly sure; he seems an honourable guy.
Gallardos CV looks amazing
Abs we have a big South American influence here who I would surely appeal to him
It’s a very interesting gamble
Has there ever been a manager come from South America to the prem??

Potter was the outstanding candidate in the summer. I can only think that Poch's sudden availability threw Levy on a complete red herring which bizarrely then seemed to cause a reaction of appointing a DofF having previously indicated that they didn't need one.

Potter not only seems an honourable man but I also think he's an emotionally intelligent man and probably took a look at the environment (non physical) that he'd be working in and decided he'd better off where he is. Our approach to appoint a manager in the summer was an utter farce flip flopping between structures and candidates who were often diametrically opposite in terms of playing style and management. I think if Levy and/or Paratici could agree on Potter and start to create a working environment around the way he wants to work we'd have a chance - at the moment any prospective manager must look at what happened with Fonseca and conclude the thinking is completely muddled.

Gallardos CV looks amazing
Abs we have a big South American influence here who I would surely appeal to him
It’s a very interesting gamble
Has there ever been a manager come from South America to the prem??

The Ardiles and Poch history has got to be a pretty big thing for an Argentine looking to move to Europe. Having two of Argentina's key internationals in our side as well should be a draw

I can't think of any - Pellegrini and Scolari came first to mind, but both worked in Iberia first. Gallardo has at least played in Europe though (5 years in France with Monaco and PSG)

Doesn’t speak english.

Anyone other than potter would be a disgrace at this point, as he is so obviously by far and away the outstanding gettable candidate for the job.

Source for this? As I recall, it's always been an open question, given his spell in the United States.

Also, he speaks French and Spanish - already, that means he can communicate with about 75-80% of our squad. ;)

I hope I’m wrong but Brighton won’t let Potter leave. Without a fight! €€€€€€€€€€€!€!!

Also, he turned us down, I think. No reason he wouldn't turn us down again.

As I see it, we basically have four good choices.

1) Gallardo - by far, far, far and away the best candidate. Probably the best candidate in world football. Barcelona have, unbelievably, passed on him for Xavi - we have a shot now, and may never have one again.

2) Gerrard - not joking, think he'd be a good candidate. A temporary one, given he's guaranteed to go to Pool when Klopp leaves, but think folks are sleeping on him a bit.

3) Valverde - unemployed, has won a lot with Barca, is pragmatic. Not the most exciting, but probably a solid pair of hands.

4) Favre - unemployed. Plays good football. Chokes at the death, isn't the most convincing defensively, but if you want good footie and don't care about winning much, probably a safe option.

Anyone else either won't come (ZZ, Poch, Conte), has already turned us down or been turned down by us (Potter, Gattuso) or is just crap (Conceicao, any of Mendes' other wonders).

I know a lot aren’t keen on the Mason angle (even short term), but at least it would remove the toxicity and that in turn might help the players.

Remove the toxicity for whom, though? The first game under Mason, Winks will start, and Alli will start - for Ndombele and Lo Celso, both will be galling, since they are both players without talent or skill right now, who will only be starting because they're Mason's mates.

It will bring the fans a bit of peace for a couple of weeks as the football improves, but the dressing room might not react as positively.

Back