• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I suspect part of the timing is about Conte too.
He is the man we want.
He's available - so we may (may!) have a shot (unlike in ou games!)
Ole is safe for at least a month, but who knows after that. So get Conte before Man U do.

I'm not sure I want Conte. The fit with Spurs doesnt seem right given the cash that he'll likely want spent

I'd rather Potter, Fonseca, Favre, Gallardo...someone who has succeed with less resources than us

Was talking about this after the game lastnight
For me personally I have lost my emotional attachment to the club that I held dearly for a long time
I just am not that bothered by the continuous brick show
I'd extend that to "top level" football in general.

I suspect part of the timing is about Conte too.
He is the man we want.
He's available - so we may (may!) have a shot (unlike in ou games!)
Ole is safe for at least a month, but who knows after that. So get Conte before Man U do.
That worked out well last time with Mourinho when we panicked Arsenal were about to appoint time. He’s a class above no doubt, but I just think we need more imagination. He feels a poor fit for us. Maybe because he’s a winner too.

I'm not sure I want Conte. The fit with Spurs doesnt seem right given the cash that he'll likely want spent

I'd rather Potter, Fonseca, Favre, Gallardo...someone who has succeed with less resources than us

Would be the perfect fit if Levy and Co have any ambition. We need a bastard hard as nails to stick it to the players and the chairman in delivering a winning mentality.

Not saying that he would walk the league but it would send out the right message to the fans.

Ideal scenario now is Gallardo on a pre-contract for 1 January, with Mason and Powell in for the next two months

Second preference is Fonseca

That worked out well last time with Mourinho when we panicked Arsenal were about to appoint time. He’s a class above no doubt, but I just think we need more imagination. He feels a poor fit for us. Maybe because he’s a winner too.

None of that is related or a cause not to get the best manager available.

Was talking about this after the game lastnight
For me personally I have lost my emotional attachment to the club that I held dearly for a long time
I just am not that bothered by the continuous brick show
Same, it was quite funny watching it towards the end and how everyone was getting angry. Its only a game, more important things in life to worry/enjoy. I categorically won't be going again this season and I know that I'll waste quite a few tickets as they don't ever sell on ticket exchange, but I've completely lost the emotion and attachment.

Not sure I believe a word of the rumour to be honest. I feel sorry for Nuno the media are doing a Steve Bruce on him. Clearly something is wrong, I didn't like that comment he made about players not being committed (though its true), he just gave the media a length of rope to hang him with. Way out of his depth, clearly needs a miracle now. I don't understand why he doesn't get some help from Paratici. I would love to see him turn this round but its getting nasty now, looks like he will be gone before the next international break.

What do you think Paratici should do?

Conte has the same counter-attacking issue as Mourinho and Santo. It just won't be tolerated by a WHL crowd. We need a progressive coach this time. DNA and all that brick

That's like Utd not wanting him as he doesn't play the Utd way (a way that doesn't exist).

We're a non elite, non title winning club with undermining under performing players. Conte doesn't fit because he demands 100% commitment and single mindedness in pursuit of winning. It's more a indictment of our failings than his.

Ideal scenario now is Gallardo on a pre-contract for 1 January, with Mason and Powell in for the next two months

Second preference is Fonseca

Fonseca has done nothing, he is just a fancy foreign name.

Mason and Powell will get us relegated with this crop of players.

Got to get the best in now and building. We are not that far behind and need to push up as high as we can.

Conte has the same counter-attacking issue as Mourinho and Santo. It just won't be tolerated by a WHL crowd. We need a progressive coach this time. DNA and all that brick

Don't tell me you believe DNA statement ... and counter attacking football can be enjoyable and beautiful to watch. You don't really speak for WHL, and if we were to win games scoring goals playing counter attacking football the fans will have nothing to complain about.

As we start the approach to the Festive Season, could it become?

There's only one Graham Potter
One Graham Potter
Walking along, singing a song
Walking in a Potter wonderland!

Fonseca has done nothing, he is just a fancy foreign name.

Mason and Powell will get us relegated with this crop of players.

Got to get the best in now and building. We are not that far behind and need to push up as high as we can.

We tried the best with Mourinho, and it was the worst thing that happened to us since George Graham.

Fit is important. Anyone who will play high-tempo passing football will see us make enormous strides.

With Poch and Lopetegui not in the game at the moment, Gallardo and Fonesca are the best hopes IMO

Back