• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Now the Transfer Window has closed, where do you think we'll finish?

Where do you think we'll finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
would be more than happy finishing 6th/7th if we actually won a cup,
I would be happy for us to finish in the top 10 if we won a cup. It all depends on how quickly the new players gell together and we start winning. It is anyone's guess frankly!

Haha I said that as if I would be disappointed with 8th if we won a cup! TBF if we won the Europa League then I would have no issue with us finishing as low as 10th but any lower than that would be a poor season for me because I think we have more than enough quality overall to sustain winning that finishing 6th over the course of the 9 months and it would'nt look great to players we are trying to keep as well as purchase that once we prioritise a cup that we are right off the pace domestically

I don't see how we can win a cup when we'll surely have to rest Kane for just about all Cup games and haven't got another number 9 in the squad to take his place.

That's one reason why I think aiming for the cups is an all or nothing move, especially Europa League.

I can see Swansea pushing for the top 7-8, they will be this years Southampton. I actually have a feeling that Stoke might not do as well as they did last year. Palace for me are going to be the suprise package.

I think we can keep ourselves in the cups to the half way point without too much strain - we can then see how the league is shaping up and make a call then.

Personally I'd be happy to give the three cup competitions priority (over stretching ourselves to sneak 4th)

Not to be the wet blanket in this thread but realistically there are a few second tier team better than our young team at the moment - swans, Stoke Everton I'd guess palace and West Ham will do well in top ten this year. I'm not being hard on Spurs just think other teams have more experienced teams that more than makes up for any difference in quality.

I said it before and I'll say it again- any finish above the relegation zone will be seen as a positive for Levy and Poch, though neither will admit as much.

Not to be the wet blanket in this thread but realistically there are a few second tier team better than our young team at the moment - swans, Stoke Everton I'd guess palace and West Ham will do well in top ten this year. I'm not being hard on Spurs just think other teams have more experienced teams that more than makes up for any difference in quality.

I said it before and I'll say it again- any finish above the relegation zone will be seen as a positive for Levy and Poch, though neither will admit as much.

I have a few mates who say that but genuinely when you look at them they really haven't added much at all to their squads but their first 11s have improved... I at the squad element that will cost them all massively over time IMO

You seriously think we'll be flirting with relegation?? With the same core as the team that finished 5th last season? Wow, the other 15 teams below us must have really improved!

Don't know about the reasons...but i reckon probably seventh. so long as we try and play some quality football & a decent cup run, i'll be fine with that..

Paul Merson said:

I like Crystal Palace and if they stay fit as a team, they won’t be a million miles off. They’re not in Europe and they’ve got very good players. People are going to say they won’t be up there because they’re not Tottenham or Liverpool, but half of their players would get into Tottenham or Liverpool’s team.

Then I like Swansea and I think if they can keep their players fit, they're a good football team. Again, they've got players that would get into Liverpool and Tottenham's teams all day long.

Next I'll go for Spurs. I think they needed a forward. If they’d bought Saido Berahino, I’d have moved them up a couple of spaces, but there’s too much pressure on Harry Kane.

He hasn’t scored yet, and I know last year he scored in November and scored 30 goals, but surely not this year as well?

Predicted table:

Emirates Marketing Project
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Crystal Palace
Liverpool
Swansea
Tottenham
Southampton
Everton
Stoke
Aston Villa
Leicester
West Ham
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Bournemouth
West Brom
Sunderland
Norwich
Watford

I can't answer this until I've seen:
Trippier
Rose at LB every week.
Son.
N'Jie

Based on the first 3 games I'd say bottom half. We didn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays and the defence was pathetic.
Against Everton with Rose at LB we looked better in defence but still looked short in attack.

To those saying you'd be happy with a cup and 10th...
Do you think Lloris and some of our other better players would be happy with that?

Paul Merson said:

I like Crystal Palace and if they stay fit as a team, they won’t be a million miles off. They’re not in Europe and they’ve got very good players. People are going to say they won’t be up there because they’re not Tottenham or Liverpool, but half of their players would get into Tottenham or Liverpool’s team.

Then I like Swansea and I think if they can keep their players fit, they're a good football team. Again, they've got players that would get into Liverpool and Tottenham's teams all day long.

Next I'll go for Spurs. I think they needed a forward. If they’d bought Saido Berahino, I’d have moved them up a couple of spaces, but there’s too much pressure on Harry Kane.

He hasn’t scored yet, and I know last year he scored in November and scored 30 goals, but surely not this year as well?

Predicted table:

Emirates Marketing Project
Chel53a
Ar5ena1
Man Utd
Crystal Palace
Liverpool
Swansea
Tottenham
Southampton
Everton
Stoke
Aston Villa
Leicester
West Ham
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Bournemouth
West Brom
Sunderland
Norwich
Watford

Is they really anyone who takes notice of what this ex junkie, tinklehead has to say, and really takes any notice.

The more I think about it finishing 8th as this twunt is predicting might not be such a bad thing. We put all our focus on winning this year's EL and getting CL next season. If we don't manage that, then there's no point in qualifying for EL yet again. Might as well save ourselves some games to focus on getting top 4 next season. With a more mature squad, fewer distractions, and a couple of key signings, it might just happen.

The more I think about it finishing 8th as this twunt is predicting might not be such a bad thing. We put all our focus on winning this year's EL and getting CL next season. If we don't manage that, then there's no point in qualifying for EL yet again. Might as well save ourselves some games to focus on getting top 4 next season. With a more mature squad, fewer distractions, and a couple of key signings, it might just happen.

It would make more sense to concentrate on fourth than the Europa League. That is not because I don't think that we can't win it but that freak results are common in knock out competitions. Even if you are one of the best teams in the competition, you need a healthy dose of luck to win it.

It would make more sense to concentrate on fourth than the Europa League. That is not because I don't think that we can't win it but that freak results are common in knock out competitions. Even if you are one of the best teams in the competition, you need a healthy dose of luck to win it.
I agree and I am of the same opinion. I was working on the assumption that top 4 is completely out of the picture, sip what would the next option be. But you're right: too many fluke results can happen in these competitions.

I think it will do us good not playing in the europa next season but we could qualify for it by winning a cup of course

I think we can keep ourselves in the cups to the half way point without too much strain - we can then see how the league is shaping up and make a call then.

Personally I'd be happy to give the three cup competitions priority (over stretching ourselves to sneak 4th)
We have Arsenal in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup.... I would imagine that we'll have to play something close to our first choice team to progress. Our Europa League group also looks quite difficult. Will we be resting Kane for our league games?

Back