• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Rugby World Cup thread?

I've had Zombie going round in my head all weekend! hell of a game
Mad to think that it wasn't all that long ago that a sizeable contingent (if not a majority) of Irish rugby fans would have flat out refused to sing that song.

the majority probably won't have a clue of the backstory to the song either

That it was an anti-was song, (largely but not solely anti IRA after the Warrington bombings) and reflected the increasing majority feeling in Ireland that the violence on both sides of the Troubles was pointless?

Don't think a significant minority, let alone a 'majority', of Irish rugby fans (south or north) ever had a problem with it.

One house then...
Not from him, he's been over here quite a while now. Would be difficult for him to hold those opinions living in London.

But when we go back over there, there's still some pretty strong anti-English sentiment from a lot of the old ones.

Not from him, he's been over here quite a while now. Would be difficult for him to hold those opinions living in London.

But when we go back over there, there's still some pretty strong anti-English sentiment from a lot of the old ones.
Are they anti all the English though, or just one in particular? ;)

Zombie is sung by the Munster fans as she was from Limerick. It is not any more complicated than that. I'm not sure I've even heard it at any other international before this one.

Group games still going on....

Another round of games this weekend and also next weekend before the quarter finals start.

It’ll get going in the quarters.

there is just too great a disparity in the ability of the sides beyond the top 8 or so. Means there’s far too many one sided contests in world cups.

you kind of have to go through this to grow the game though, you can’t just have a closed shop.

That was quite a dive from the Argentinian player at the end of the half.

Definitely taken out, but threw himself to the ground like Suarez. Need to consider some very long bans for that kind of behaviour before it becomes like football.

Back