• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Not sure LVG is the man. h's 63 now, which is quite old for managers. Plus he had a lot of controversy in his career.

62 I thought. The same age as Redknapp was when we appointed him IIRC?

Considering he groomed Mourinho, Guardiola and de Boer for management jobs, he could do 3-4 years and hand over to one of his current protégés (Danny Blind and Patrick Klivert).

Current life expectancy of a Spurs manager is about 18 months, so I don't think we should be worrying about him retiring through ill health or anything.

Sorry, will be 63 if he takes over at the start of next season, but I take your point on board and forgot Redknapp was that age.

It looks like it is between Sherwood and LvG, just have no idea what would be best. I say let Tim do the job now until the end of season and then decide.

If accurate i'm not overly happy. It throws up to many potential issues for me. This will mean we will have to have an interim manager till the end of the year which isn't great for stability. Think someones said it above but what if the interim does really well and we manage to get into the top four. Do we turn around and say thanks for that but now Van Gaal is coming in dont let the door hit you on the way out? Wouldn't they deserve a chance to carry on the work they've done?

It also suggests to me that the board are writing off this season as a bad job. I guess it depends on the players.

Absolute best case scenario and Deadwood does actually have a bit of a clue - it's not an uncommon situation. Look at the Jupp Heynckes/Pep Guardiola situation. It would probably save us from a Di Matteo at Chelsea fate if LvG was all signed up.

I'd rather write off this season now and have a proper build-up to LvG's title challenge next year.

If we could get LVG signed up to take over in teh summer then that would be eff-ing superb! He's a far bigger, more experienced name than we could deserve to attract. For an outsider, they'll look at Spurs as a club who, whilst we have ambition, have won next to nothing in the past tens of years, have only been in teh CL once and who reguarly sack their managers - thats not too tempting a proposition. Getting Van Gaal would be a real coup!

Regarding now til the summer, Temporary Tim has saod that he wouldnt do it so lets bring in Hoddle who said he will

Hoddle would be better than Deadwood because the football he plays would give more consistency with both AVB and LvG (emphasis on technique, possession and passing etc., rather than physicality).

LvG to be manager and NBD to carry out his instructions until the summer whilst LvG is busy?

I could live with that but I suspect NBD is a little too arrogant to accept it.

Agree. Maybe he could send Danny Blind to work with Freund as an advance guard or something?

Sorry, will be 63 if he takes over at the start of next season, but I take your point on board and forgot Redknapp was that age.

It looks like it is between Sherwood and LvG, just have no idea what would be best . I say let Tim do the job now until the end of season and then decide.

Anyone else ever feel they've fallen into some really strange parallel universe?

It looks like it is between Sherwood and LvG, just have no idea what would be best. I say let Tim do the job now until the end of season and then decide.

LvG will be at Old Trafford next August if we don't act now IMO. Wenger's contract expiring and Mourinho's unimpressive return are other things to factor in.

If we leave it till the summer, we'll probably end up feeding off the scraps after other clubs have taken their pick - with Capello the most like candidate.

I still think FDB (summer if he'll sign now) or Spalletti (now) are in the frame, although I'm hoping for official confirmation about the LvG deal shortly.

Nice but dim.

It's like calling your fat mate tiny. Tim is anything but nice and I'm really hoping he's not as dim as he acts in front of a camera.

How does he act dim in front of the camera? Or are you just referring to the fact he doesn't conjure up words that bamboozles fans and no doubt the players....

How does he act dim in front of the camera? Or are you just referring to the fact he doesn't conjure up words that bamboozles fans and no doubt the players....

No, I'm talking about him giving monosyllabic, "run abaaaht a big" interviews. Maybe dim is the wrong word, thick is a little more accurate.

Every other day from now on we will be linked with a different manager, with Sherwood being favourite on alternate days. I am quite cynical of who makes these links and leaks to the press, especially since the betting scandal surrounding SSN and SkyBet only last summer.

Van Gaal is obviously a superb coach and probably the best we could get. But would he work here? I dunno, after seeing us under Ramos and AVB, we just don't seem to function as a club with very rigid and authoritarian coaches. Van Gaal is a league above those other two though, so who knows?

I have found Sherwood to be quite refreshing, but maybe it's just the contrast in styles between him and AVB.

Part of me wants Sherwood to work out and take us forward, bringing through our youngsters and making something we can all be proud of. And the other part of me is saying 'Van Gaal is the best man for the job, get him in ffs.'

Tough choices for Levy. My instinct says go with Sherwood, as he fits in here and will have the players on his side. And Levy obviously likes him, which helps.

Every other day from now on we will be linked with a different manager, with Sherwood being favourite on alternate days. I am quite cynical of who makes these links and leaks to the press, especially since the betting scandal surrounding SSN and SkyBet only last summer.

The van Gaal stuff comes from an interview at his house yesterday. The Dutch media were following a lead that Levy had been there watching the Soton game with him.

Van Gaal is obviously a superb coach and probably the best we could get. But would he work here? I dunno, after seeing us under Ramos and AVB, we just don't seem to function as a club with very rigid and authoritarian coaches. Van Gaal is a league above those other two though, so who knows?

I have found Sherwood to be quite refreshing, but maybe it's just the contrast in styles between him and AVB.

Part of me wants Sherwood to work out and take us forward, bringing through our youngsters and making something we can all be proud of. And the other part of me is saying 'Van Gaal is the best man for the job, get him in ffs.'

Tough choices for Levy. My instinct says go with Sherwood, as he fits in here and will have the players on his side. And Levy obviously likes him, which helps.

Why do you say that?

He's admitted himself that he doesn't know most of them (and I doubt many of them know who he is).

If you are a big international player, a rough-n-ready novice who doesn't have his badges and managed the U21s for a season after Inglethorpe got poached by Liverpool hardly demands your respect.

Why do you say that?

He's admitted himself that he doesn't know most of them (and I doubt many of them know who he is).

If you are a big international player, a rough-n-ready novice who doesn't have his badges and managed the U21s for a season after Inglethorpe got poached by Liverpool hardly demands your respect.

Rose, Townsend for a start, as they are young players who he has coached/encouraged. We can add Bentaleb to that list.

If he's got lads like Rose and Townsend on side, then it follows (imo) that he'll have the likes of Walker, Lennon, Dawson too

Then we have Adebayor, maybe BAE if he brings him back from loan.

If Soldado is getting more chances (on the eivdence of the Southampton game, he'll be getting a lot more chances to score) and scoring goals, than he will be thankful to Sherwood for getting out of the doldrums. Likewise Lamela, who has been mostly left out of the side by AVB, and then played in an unfavoured position.

If players are enjoying their football, they will like the manager. It remains to be seen, but if we get a few results and the attacking football keeps up, we will have a confident and motivated squad. It will also make a change for the players to be given clear and concise instructions; judging on the complete nonsense AVB used to chat in interviews, I can't imagine he was the best communicator in the world.

Why do you say that?

What excuses will you make if we appoint LVG and he completely bombs? There surely won't be any left.

I would take LVG and have him mentor Sherwood in the process so we can have continuity if and when LVG ****s off. LVG lays the foundations and Tim continues from where LVG left it. Succession planning. Beats having to start again and again.

By the way I really think some of the comments regarding Tim are pathetic, unfounded and immature. Really poor and disappointed.

Back