• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Who would want to take the poison chalice? We aren't in CL have limited funds and fans who expect us to win the league in two years?

We have teh 5th best squad in the overall strongest league in Europe/World, a chairman who isnt afraid to spend and soon to have (hopefully) a new 55,000 seater stadium. Its not too shabby a job and you'll be paid a couple million quid a year to do it. Plenty of managers will be interested in it

We have teh 5th best squad in the overall strongest league in Europe/World, a chairman who isnt afraid to spend and soon to have (hopefully) a new 55,000 seater stadium. Its not too shabby a job and you'll be paid a couple million quid a year to do it. Plenty of managers will be interested in it

not to mention a massive payoff when Levy gets bored of you

I cant fathom why we got rid of AVB without a Manager in place.

I really would get Harry back... Levy at times needs to admit his fault and swallow his pride. Harry isnt groundbreaking or innovative but that hasnt got us far has it.

I dont think there are many options and id certainly have Harry over Capello - **** that.

Weren't there a rumour before the weekend that Maradona was lined up as AVB's successor...?

Yeah there were although I don't know from where it originated.

Anyway I were kidding about Ardiles and Maradona but it would be fun wouldn't it ? lol

Maradona, I absolutely love the idea, its a guaranteed disaster and we'd probably get relegated but, Diego, woof.

I cant fathom why we got rid of AVB without a Manager in place.

We were in a downward spiral and the wheels were coming off. The fans didnt back the manager, they hated his tactics, some of the players looked as if they didnt believe in the manager either....at some point you just have to end that, even if it means that you're in a holding pattern briefly before the new guy comes in. There's no upside in theings deteriorating further

We were in a downward spiral and the wheels were coming off. The fans didnt back the manager, they hated his tactics, some of the players looked as if they didnt believe in the manager either....at some point you just have to end that, even if it means that you're in a holding pattern briefly before the new guy comes in. There's no upside in theings deteriorating further

We weren't. We had won our previous 2 games and deserved to beat the champions. This is a peculiar sacking for that reason. Not denying that some results were awful, but it's hardly Ramos levels of bad or even a sustained period of collapse like Harry's last 2 seasons.

Last edited:

I havent heard anything about players etc. I side with you I hate his tactics (if you can call them that) thats not to be confused with me liking him - I think he seems like an alright bloke. I just dont like the idea of having sherwood and ferdy for example as managers till end of season - although I would suspect Sherwood would be ok

Maradona, I absolutely love the idea, its a guaranteed disaster and we'd probably get relegated but, Diego, woof.

If people thought AVB's relationship with the press was strained, imagine being managed by the man that cheated England out of "the cup that was rightfully theirs"

I havent heard anything about players etc. I side with you I hate his tactics (if you can call them that) thats not to be confused with me liking him - I think he seems like an alright bloke. I just dont like the idea of having sherwood and ferdy for example as managers till end of season - although I would suspect Sherwood would be ok

Freund is still around and would presumably be given the role before those two - agree, dont like the idea of those two either. I expect Levy to have someone in place by the end of the month though

Klinsmann is a good manager, he's had a decent record with Germany, Bayern Munich and he is doing very well with what he has in the US team.

Zero chance of him coming over - isnt he married to a Californian and said before that he/they dont want to leave the US?

yeah right! Knee jerk sacking and pointless at this stage and our position in the league. Levy the financial man i like. Levy the sack happy chairman im getting slightly ****ed off with.

He does undo all the financial hard work that he does by then having to remove the manager.

Back