• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

I like Allegri and Nagelsmann seems like a great up and coming manager - maybe the next Klopp?

But for right now it's Mourinho for me.
Knows the league inside out. Winner.
Has the things we lack as a club. We need to learn how to be ruthless - he makes sense.
We are not dissimilar to where Chelsea were when he took over (obvious not as clamy).

The sad side is it puts us into the pool of "all the other clubs" rather than doing it a different way. But we have already put the cat amongst the pigeons doing it a different way. And that is an achievement in itself.

I like Allegri and Nagelsmann seems like a great up and coming manager - maybe the next Klopp?

Has the things we lack as a club. We need to learn how to be ruthless - he makes sense.
We are not dissimilar to where Chelsea were when he took over (obvious not as clamy).

The sad side is it puts us into the pool of "all the other clubs" rather than doing it a different way. But we have already put the cat amongst the pigeons doing it a different way. And that is an achievement in itself.

Whilst I can see some of the points you say make sense. My Feeling is that Jose is past it tactically. He is too defensive and always has been. If we do somehow hire him that must mean that Levy is going to let him spend. I just dont see that.

for me. We need another up and coming manager. I have always said I like Eddie Howe and ill stick by that.

Whilst I can see some of the points you say make sense. My Feeling is that Jose is past it tactically. He is too defensive and always has been. If we do somehow hire him that must mean that Levy is going to let him spend. I just dont see that.

for me. We need another up and coming manager. I have always said I like Eddie Howe and ill stick by that.
He’d struggle with our defenders

I think that he would be a massive mistake. He's yesterday's man. I can't see him working successfully with Levy, he'd neglect our kids, tinkle off players to score points and leave us in two years time in a worse position.

I just want to say, we might step back on the manager rollercoaster, I'd say it's probably even quite likely ... BUT, at some point in the not too distant future, we'll be good again, and things will look up again, and we're going to be back. The infrastructure is there, and we're going to be good again - and although it's sad to lose Poch, it's inevitably a move that will enable some manager down the line to win the title for us. That is all.

And spend it on players at their peak with no resale value.

Do you mean the second time or when he first went there?

As much as I dislike the thought of Mourinho, I can see why he'll be considered. He would probably sort our defence out and is known to get the best out of senior players.

Give him a rb and a cdm and he would probably get us far up the table. It'll look horrible, but in Son, Kane, Alli, Ndombele, lo Celso and perhaps even Eriksen, he's got more than enough creativity and ability to go defensive and have one of them bail him out.

Back