• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see De Boer did what LVG or Cruyff couldn't do and won the Dutch league four years running. Obviously this has nothing to do with us but he has got Ajax playing good football, knows what it's like to win things as a player and a manager, and it's all about how he'd do here and at the moment we won't know until he's given the opportunity.

I wouldn't mind if he was our new manager.

I see De Boer did what LVG or Cruyff couldn't do and won the Dutch league four years running. Obviously this has nothing to do with us but he has got Ajax playing good football, knows what it's like to win things as a player and a manager, and it's all about how he'd do here and at the moment we won't know until he's given the opportunity.

the choice for Levy will most likely be between Poch and DeBoer......i also think both of these will be top of Arsanals list if Wenger leaves this summer.

the choice for Levy will most likely be between Poch and DeBoer......i also think both of these will be top of Arsanals list if Wenger leaves this summer.

I'd be happy with either. I'm actually really intrigued by poch, I love the way his team press, they may have lost to us last three games against us with him in charge but they've almost been the better team in all three but have just lacked the quality in the end.

Any rumours of Wenger leaving arsenal?

I'd be happy with either. I'm actually really intrigued by poch, I love the way his team press, they may have lost to us last three games against us with him in charge but they've almost been the better team in all three but have just lacked the quality in the end.

Any rumours of Wenger leaving arsenal?

well he still hasnt signed his contract, he has never left it so late.....what better way to go out, CL qualification and the FA cup. Thats as much as the goons aspire to these days :lol:

well he still hasnt signed his contract, he has never left it so late.....what better way to go out, CL qualification and the FA cup. Thats as much as the goons aspire to these days :lol:

Would be so ****ing hilarious if they lost the FA cup, such a shame they're going to get CL now though.

thats my point.....Levy tends to hire the wrong guy and eventually has to sack him. Lets say that Levy miraculously gets an appointment right, then anyway a bigger club will swoop to pounce. We are fcuked in all ways:lol:

Haha yeah hadn't thought of that. We'll get a world class manager and then he'll be gone to Real Madrid within 2 seasons lol. Still at least we'd finally get to have a good one though.

thats my point.....Levy tends to hire the wrong guy and eventually has to sack him. Lets say that Levy miraculously gets an appointment right, then anyway a bigger club will swoop to pounce. We are fcuked in all ways:lol:

Each manager Levy has hired has had a better winning percentage than his predecessor. That shows to me that he's getting it exactly right, gradually building up squad quality year on year and sacking the manager as soon as they show signs of running out of steam.

The club, Levy and the DOF (to a lesser extent) are the backdrop to the 'project'. The manager is like the players, here while they can make a positive contribution, out when there's a profit to be made that can go back into the club, or when an upgrade is available

To be fair to LVG though he did win the CL with Ajax and then most of his team got butchered by Spanish and Italian clubs

Each manager Levy has hired has had a better winning percentage than his predecessor. That shows to me that he's getting it exactly right, gradually building up squad quality year on year and sacking the manager as soon as they show signs of running out of steam.

The club, Levy and the DOF (to a lesser extent) are the backdrop to the 'project'. The manager is like the players, here while they can make a positive contribution, out when there's a profit to be made that can go back into the club, or when an upgrade is available
is that right? interesting. I suppose as the club has grown and the quality of player signed iMproved over the years it shows that there is a Method to what levy is doing

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/114183/Ik_denk_niet_dat_De_Boer_ons_nu_al_in_de_steek_zal_laten

Google translation=

Frank de Boer took Ajax its fourth consecutive league title. After the party at Heracles, he announced that he would like to stay in Amsterdam, but that he will listen to offers. So Tottenham Hotspur and AS Monaco were preying on the success coach.

Betting on Ajax? Get € 60 for free!
"I do not think he'll let us down now," said Ajax midfielder Davy Klaassen in The Guardian. "It would certainly be a shame if he would go away. A campaign on Facebook goes too far, but I do think that the coach should stay."

"I can sit next to him and make it clear how I feel about it. Actually, how does the whole selection over it. As he now knows how important he is for us."

Thats the first recent report from Dutch media suggesting he could leave.

under Levy no manager will be here for more than 3 years max.......and even if the manager manages to make it to 3 years it must have meant he was reasonably successful and will then simply be poached by Real madrid ;)

I think I read the other day that there are only 4 managers in the football league who have been at their clubs more than 3 years? Wenger and Pardew were the two EPL ones

If a manager doesn't notably do well these days, he won't last 2 years. That's the same at every club in the land.

With us, we've actually got more chance of LVG lasting more than 3 years (even considering his age and confrontational nature), than FDB (already lined up as the next Barca manager) or Pochettino (we'd be a perfect stepping stone for him to get either the Barca (his home city for much of the past 20 years) or Argentina jobs)

is that right? interesting. I suppose as the club has grown and the quality of player signed iMproved over the years it shows that there is a Method to what levy is doing

There's an up to date table with Tim in it somewhere in the forum, but here's an old one.
tottenham-manager-win-percentage.jpg

Attachments

• tottenham-manager-win-percentage.jpg
    tottenham-manager-win-percentage.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 7
I'm not sure I want poch but it's very unfair to say Southampton may even be underachieving. It's easy to forget that they were only promoted last season and when adkins was fired, a lot of people thought poch would take them down.

Underachieving cos he has them 8th? Which of Liverpool, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, arsenal, Everton, spurs or man utd should be be sitting above exactly?

No - it shows the league is becoming increasingly less competitive. 26 easy games and 12 difficult ones.

No - it shows the league is becoming increasingly less competitive. 26 easy games and 12 difficult ones.

thats also true....but also our overall squad is stronger than lets say 5 and 10 years ago which enables us to beat the lesser teaMs with relative ease

Underachieving cos he has them 8th? Which of Liverpool, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, arsenal, Everton, spurs or man utd should be be sitting above exactly?

That's a fair point and almost certainly true.

But isn't it a bit scary that Southampton are only 6 points above Saudi Sportswashing Machine, who are pretty much in full-on crisis mode at the moment, and have been most of the season?

Southampton have in effect won the mid-table mini-league ahead of, in order:

Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Stoke
Palace
Swansea
Hull
West Ham

I'd argue that Southampton are the biggest club there in terms of spending, support (Toon aside), quality of existing playing staff when the manager arrived, the most supportive/stable boardroom set-up.

Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert, Schneiderlin, Davis and Cork were all there when Poch arrived and have been the backbone of the best things he's done. ALL of them are quality players and predated his arrival.

I am NOT NOT NOT denigrating Poch, because I like him. Honestly, I might pick him ahead of any other PL manager to come to Spurs other than Martinez (Jose - boring football, Rodgers - don't like the man, Pellegrini - meh etc) but that does not make him the right man for the job. It might make him the best we can get, but that is not the same thing.

Duncan Castles claiming that Ancelotti would/could welcome a United approach even if Real doesn't want to get rid of him:

http://www.oneworldsports.com/stories/carlo-ancelotti-open-manchester-united/

Carlo Ancelotti would welcome an invite from Manchester United to become their new manager once he completes the season at Real Madrid. While the Italian's immediate concern is to guide Madrid across the line in their pursuit of Liga and Champions League titles, his ambition to return to English football is such that there is hope within Old Trafford that their preferred candidate for the vacant post can still be secured.

Ancelotti took the Madrid job last summer in the knowledge that any appointment to coach Spain's most affluent club is fundamentally short-term and, despite overcoming Barcelona to win the Copa del Rey before securing a Champions League semifinal advantage over holders Bayern Munich, his position there remains uncertain. Madrid sources say that European or Liga triumph will be required to guarantee it.

The 54-year-old described the Premier League as “the best competition in Europe” while waiting for a job at one of its elite clubs to open up in 2011, and has long held an interest in succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson. Such is the appeal of living and coaching in England again, it is understood that Ancelotti would consider leaving Madrid this summer regardless of whether his current employers want to retain him. He is also wanted by Tottenham as a replacement for Tim Sherwood.

I think it's abundantly clear that Man U have serious reservations about LvG. He'd already have signed if he was their No. 1 pick. He clearly isn't, Ancelotti is (sensibly, from their perspective).

LvG to Spurs is still on.

Forza Bayern.

I think it's abundantly clear that Man U have serious reservations about LvG. He'd already have signed if he was their No. 1 pick. He clearly isn't, Ancelotti is (sensibly, from their perspective).

LvG to Spurs is still on.

Forza Bayern.

I agree. Ancelotti and Utd seem well matched and think he'll end up there. Can still see LVG coming to Spurs

Back