• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah! Klopp, the german version of Bill Nich.

[video=youtube;fgpc3QeKR30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgpc3QeKR30[/video]

Never ever gonna happen though.

Last edited:
A nice fanciful idea isn't it?

What kind of ITK has Jiggins got eh?

Maybe he just wants to set-up the "Klopp rejects approach from Levy: who is this Tottenham Hotspur club anyway?"

Klopp is sooooooooo over-rated. The german Kevin Keegan, openly admits playing good football is more important than winning.

Klopp is sooooooooo over-rated. The german Kevin Keegan, openly admits playing good football is more important than winning.

Unlike Keegan, he has actually won things and has punched above his weight in often out-witting Bayern as well as Real Madrid.

I think LVG has said similar things btw

A nice fanciful idea isn't it?

What kind of ITK has Jiggins got eh?

Maybe he just wants to set-up the "Klopp rejects approach from Levy: who is this Tottenham Hotspur club anyway?"

Their job is to sell papers and get people to visit their website, not print the truth. What they have printed will be forgotten by 99% of readers in a couple of days.

Unlike Keegan, he has actually won things and has punched above his weight in often out-witting Bayern as well as Real Madrid.

It's a myth that Klopp has punched above his weight. Dortmund get the biggest average crowds in Europe and while they don't have the budget of Bayern, or Real, they are comfortably the 2nd richest club in Germany and routinely buy up the best of Bundesliga talent.

Klopp has Dortmund where they should be, nothing more, nothing less.

also iirc, he's outwitted Madrid once, by deviously playing a brilliant cf who had the game of his life

he's a very good manager no doubt but he's not a magician

Unlike Keegan he managed in a league with only 2 good teams… and mostly comes….. second

It's a myth that Klopp has punched above his weight. Dortmund get the biggest average crowds in Europe and while they don't have the budget of Bayern, or Real, they are comfortably the 2nd richest club in Germany and routinely buy up the best of Bundesliga talent.

Exactly

Do they do this more than Bayern? Even close to Bayern?

Beating Bayern is no mean feat given Bayern's stature and the wages they can pay (see the jump in wages for Gotze and especially Lewandowski).
But even if you don't take that to be anything, how many of the 'big clubs' in Europe would have a bigger budget than them? I suspect Chelski, Manure, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal (if they weren't so tight), PSG, Barca, Madrid and Juve

Unlike Keegan he managed in a league with only 2 good teams… and mostly comes….. second

It could be argued he works in a one-team league; How much more muscle do Bayern have over them financially and in terms of footballing dynasty etc?

When Keegan was managing Saudi Sportswashing Machine it could be argued we were a one/two team league as well...:-"

When Klopp took over they hadn't been in the CL since 2004 or something like that.

They got themselves massively into debt 10-15 years ago, a debt they still struggle with. They've regained their position as the 2nd richest club and 2nd biggest club in Germany under Klopp. Now people think it was inevitable and hardly an achievement at all. I don't think that would have been the attitude if anyone was asked when he took over. Under Klopp they've had a net spend fairly close to 0 and their wages have been kept under control (one of the reasons players want to leave).

He most certainly also got Mainz to overachieve.

I wish we would buy up the best of Bundesliga talent if it's really that easy. Reus and Gundogan probably could have within our reach had we acted when Dortmund did as I think we could have offered more money. Just like we got Holtby from Schalke, the third richest club in Germany...

im not sure about that.......Schalke are equal in wealth to Dortmund iirc

also iirc, he's outwitted Madrid once, by deviously playing a brilliant cf who had the game of his life

he's a very good manager no doubt but he's not a magician

Wow. Did you watch those games? Dortmund were fantastic, up against a very good Real Madrid side. They didn't just have a brilliant centre forward (one signed under Klopp for about half the cost of Peter Crouch btw), they had and have a brilliant team.

He's obviously no magician, I'm not sure anyone's saying he is? But his achievements have been very impressive and he's rightly thought of as one of the highest rated young(ish) managers around and one that will most likely be courted by the biggest clubs in the world should he chose to leave Dortmund.

im not sure about that.......Schalke are equal in wealth to Dortmund iirc

I think you're right.

From a swissramble blog (http://swissramble.blogspot.no/2012/10/borussia-dortmund-back-in-game.html):

Deloitte league 10/11, before the CL money started rolling in as a result of what Klopp had achieved:

10+Dortmund+Money+League.jpg

Schalke might have some CL money in that, I'm not sure. Either way it goes towards showing that it's not like Dortmund have been comfortably the 2nd richest club in Germany all along. Unsurprisingly those financial results have come as a result of success on the pitch.

Also, net spend over 3 years for some Germany clubs:

6+Dortmund+Tfrs+Last+3+Years+(Germany).jpg

Not like Klopp has taken over "comfortably the 2nd richest club in Germany" and then bought them the success they should have been getting all along...

Back