• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm pretty sure that if Van Gaal is the guy we want that we'll get him. Wenger and Moyes will both stay this summer imo.

My confidence would stem from LVG not being a good match for either Arsenal or Man U.

Arsenal need consistency from Wenger, not someone radically different who will rock the boat. Pochettino is the kind of manager they need.

With Ferguson as puppet master, LVG wont suit Man U either. He's too much of a peer/rival of Ferguson's, rather than a minion.

We are different - we desperately need a big beast who will bring leadership to the void.

My confidence would stem from LVG not being a good match for either Arsenal or Man U.

Arsenal need consistency from Wenger, not someone radically different who will rock the boat. Pochettino is the kind of manager they need.

With Ferguson as puppet master, LVG wont suit Man U either. He's too much of a peer/rival of Ferguson's, rather than a minion.

We are different - we desperately need a big beast who will bring leadership to the void.

Should be printed on t-shirts...

Hopefully Levy agrees and hopefully he sees LvG as the solution and hopefully he gets his man.

why will LVG rock the boat???

why will LVG rock the boat???

He's confrontational and will want to flex his muscles and do things his own way. In terms of philosophy he isn't very different from Wenger, but he won't be meek in the face of the board like Wenger and Pochettino are and Arsenal seem to expect.

In terms of how this will stand him with Levy, whereas other of our managers seem to have got petulant or schemed through the media to try and play him, I wonder if having a such a strong force who will skilfully debate might be actually be the solution. If Levy finds someone he sees as his intellectual equal, he might work more in partnership and less as a paternalist line manager.

He's confrontational and will want to flex his muscles and do things his own way. In terms of philosophy he isn't very different from Wenger, but he won't be meek in the face of the board like Wenger and Pochettino are and Arsenal seem to expect.

In terms of how this will stand him with Levy, whereas other of our managers seem to have got petulant or schemed through the media to try and play him, I wonder if having a such a strong force who will skilfully debate might be actually be the solution. If Levy finds someone he sees as his intellectual equal, he might work more in partnership and less as a paternalist line manager.

i wasnt the biggest AVB fan but the guy was intellectual enough and look how that turned out with Levy...........i not sure Levy wants to bother with someone who is confrontational and who want to do things his own way.

This is why I feel that LVG will not succeed should he come to our club whilst Daniel Levy is chairman. He is a fantastic manager/coach, but with Levy interfering ( and he will)
I just don't think that LVG will stand a moment of it( and nor should he imho).

This is why I feel that LVG will not succeed should he come to our club whilst Daniel Levy is chairman. He is a fantastic manager/coach, but with Levy interfering ( and he will)
I just don't think that LVG will stand a moment of it( and nor should he imho).

How does Levy interfere? I think that by and large he leaves his managers to get on with it. Obviously he wants value in the transfer market but other than that, as long as results are OK, managers are left to get on with it.

How does Levy interfere? I think that by and large he leaves his managers to get on with it. Obviously he wants value in the transfer market but other than that, as long as results are OK, managers are left to get on with it.

Agreed. Our managers and sporting directors are largely allowed to sign who they want and play the football that they want as long as the overall transfer plan of going for somewhat younger players with potential is followed.

i wasnt the biggest AVB fan but the guy was intellectual enough and look how that turned out with Levy...........i not sure Levy wants to bother with someone who is confrontational and who want to do things his own way.

I think the difference is that LVG has (what one or two other posters mention on here re AVB) emotional intelligence. It's not just the academic side, he gets people a lot better.

I don't think Levy will mind if LVG does what he's done through his career, and gets significant results quickly.

Good fits:

Arsenal: Frank de Boer
Footballing continuity, possibility of founding another long dynasty & Bergkamp connection

Man. Utd.: Carlo Ancellotti
Mature, Fergie-like presence/competence for Man. Utd. to steady ship for a few seasons. Has Big Club gravitas and respect of footballing world.

Spurs: Louis van Gaal
Save the lunatic-genius for Spurs, attacking football, guaranteed chaos, all very Spurs and probably great craic until it all goes t1ts-up. Perfect.

Good fits:

Arsenal: Frank de Boer
Footballing continuity, possibility of founding another long dynasty & Bergkamp connection

Man. Utd.: Carlo Ancellotti
Mature, Fergie-like presence/competence for Man. Utd. to steady ship for a few seasons. Has Big Club gravitas and respect of footballing world.

Spurs: Louis van Gaal
Save the lunatic-genius for Spurs, attacking football, guaranteed chaos, all very Spurs and probably great craic until it all goes t1ts-up. Perfect.

Depressingly inevitable about how bang on that point is.

Can you really see arsenal parting with Wenger though? Especially if they win the fa cup which I think is a highly possible scenario.
Also, regarding Moyes - he hasn't really had a chance to bring his own players in apart from Fellaini. I think united will give him next season, this was always going to be a disappointing season for them. You don't just replace oneof the greatest managers in you history and continue to achieve what you have done these days.

Can you really see arsenal parting with Wenger though? Especially if they win the fa cup which I think is a highly possible scenario.
Also, regarding Moyes - he hasn't really had a chance to bring his own players in apart from Fellaini. I think united will give him next season, this was always going to be a disappointing season for them. You don't just replace oneof the greatest managers in you history and continue to achieve what you have done these days.

Agreed - I think Moyes & AW are both there next season.

Scum are not going to part with Wenger, it's only if he decides to leave. I actually don't think any of the "big names" will go there anyway, the Scum don't want to have to promise a manager 100M or anything like that, and any new manager will know they have to spend at the Scum to improve on the results or even keep on par.

United should fire Moyes now, but may give him another season, more on PR than any real belief it will change.

Never going to happen - but I like The Suns tuesday frontpage

2ja2pd.jpg

Back