• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AVB was 25-1 at one point a week or two prior to his appointment. Moyes and Martinez were big favourites with the bookies/papers, whilst AVB and Blanc (who ended up being the two interviewed) were only being spoken about on messageboards.

even the press couldnt predict the influence of AVB's freakish powerpoint presentations:)

what, that they are rarely wide of the mark? when it comes to managerial appointments i think the press very rarely get it wrong

for example, if a respected journo reveals that Utd want LVG, and then the rest of the media follows with the same story, then they are all on the right track arent they?

We ought to try and keep a tally one time of all the names that get linked when a big vacancy comes up.

you can't say what would have happened, had us and Everton split Martinez the other way for all we know we'd still be here now and the toffees would looking forward to their first CL final on Saturday

Last edited:
Didn't LvG himself namedrop Spurs on more than one occasion?

Isn't that why we ended up with Sherwood? Levy thought he had his man and put in a caretaker in place until the summer? Would have been ok but he opted for the Man U job instead when that became available.

Didn't LvG himself namedrop Spurs on more than one occasion?

yes, don't think he said it was a done deal like so many articles/journalists liked to imply though. which kind of backs up my point that you can't take anything too seriously - journo's want to be the first to break a story - those with contacts will hearing murmurings and nail their colors to the mast in the hope it becomes a reality and they can be seen as the one who broke the story.

Does anyone else not think FDB isnt in the running? By his own admission Spurs havent been back in touch, surely if we wanted to interview him we would have at least got in touch to arrange a date to interview by now?

im of the opinion he's in the running but has been told/asked to not be so open with the media by the club.

I really want this sorted quickly. I need to get on with some work, but am spending too much time F5ing and reading SaintsWeb.

I'm 95% sure now it's going to be Poch (Di Marzio and Stobart are both pretty strong on this - Stobart saying we are rushing it through this week before Poch's summer holiday). I just want it resolved so I can relax into the WC.

I'm of the opinion he would be interviewed once its known Ancelotti is out of the running. If he is out then I'd expect a good 5 people being in with a shot and being interviewed.

I'm of the opinion he would be interviewed once its known Ancelotti is out of the running. If he is out then I'd expect a good 5 people being in with a shot and being interviewed.

I don't think Ancelotti has ever been in the running - we're too big a step down for him at this stage in his career and we don't have anywhere near the resources he's accustomed to working with. If there was any chance he'd be available, United would still be stalling too, as he's a better fit for them than LVG is.

I think there's only been 2 candidates for us since the day Moyes got sacked.

Last edited:
People need to calm down, until the CL final has finished the season isn't even over. Cup finals etc were happening last weekend. Plenty of time yet.

I don't think Ancelotti has ever been in the running - we're too big a step down for him at this stage in his career and we don't have anywhere near the resources he's accustomed to working with. If there was any chance he'd be available, United would still be stalling too, as he's a better fit for them than LVG is.

I think there's only been 2 candidates for us since the day Moyes got sacked.

Agree. CA is way out of our league

Agree. CA is way out of our league

Utter Nonsense. Way out of our league? He is only out of our league if he continues to be employed by Real Madrid. If they dispense with his services, what on earth makes him out of our league? He, by his own admission during the 2011/12 season, was wanting to be re-employed in London. Now, let me think........what job was he exactly hinting at being interested in? Arsenal? Possibly but he knew it was unlikely Wenger was going anywhere. Tottenham? A Tottenham that looked for all the world like it was going to lose its then manager to the England job? I would think so. It was either us or Liverpool who had an upcoming vacancy and given a choice between the two it is unlikely he would have plumped for Liverpool at that time.

Had that PSG job not come up in February 2012 then I think he would have become our manager instead of AVB.

All of GB's bluster about it not being his type of job and not the same resources to work with is all just nonsense as well. Just because he has managed clubs normally with plenty to spend does not mean he would be put off managing Spurs. Given his feelings about the league, London and the country in general, I would think we would be a very attractive option for him if he was suddenly out of work.

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/...arsenal,-tottenham-and-liverpool-jobs?cc=5739

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/960931/carlo-ancelotti:-england-is-the-place-to-be?cc=5739

Im seriously not sure why Levy just doesnt go for FDB - this is a guy who really wants the job. Yes he gobbed off so what? I think it was more to do with excitement than anything else. Im not impatient as I dont think this summer makes much difference as most of the focus is on the world cup but FDB just hits the right notes with moi.

Waiting to see if Ancelotti gets the boot?
As Libero says above, he was rather close to joining us before, likes the league and likes the country.

Last edited:
Lol rather close to joining us before. How many times have I heard that on here about top class managers or players? There's a reason why people of this calibre are always apparently close to joining us and never actually do, they always end up getting offers from top class clubs and know they can afford to lead us on until they do. Ancelotti is nothing but a pipe dream, and if he becomes available he will not be short of suitors...

Lol rather close to joining us before. How many times have I heard that on here about top class managers or players? There's a reason why people of this calibre are always apparently close to joining us and never actually do, they always end up getting offers from top class clubs and know they can afford to lead us on until they do. Ancelotti is nothing but a pipe dream, and if he becomes available he will not be short of suitors...

Which jobs are available?

Back