• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we keep Sherwood, are people prepared to see all of Verts, Lloris, Sandro, Lamela, Dembele, Capoue, Holtby, Chirches and possibly now Eriksen leave?

Because they are the senior players he's already alienated or who will demand to play for a professional manager.

And they'll be replaced by youth teamers and a few 'character' players like Milner and Lescott.

We need a coach who can work with our squad, not someone who despises 90% of it.

Please have the decency to at least TRY and be truthful/logical when you speak about certain things.

He alienated Lloris? Vertonghen? Dembele? Chiriches? Eriksen?

hell he started Lamela at the beginning too...you mean AVB didn't alienate him to you? give me strength.

That's pretty much exactly how I see it. And I think there's a very good chance it's the way Levy and the board will see it too.

> Do Levy and the board really have the stomach to hand Spaletti or Pochettino their full faith, emotional commitment and transfer kitty, knowing in their hearts that he's their 3rd or 4th choice behind LvG, FdB, Rafa, Ancelotti etc.? Why should any of them or any of us find that acceptable?

> Can Levy bear the thought of the press release he'd have to write, release and stand over:

- "The entire board unanimously and wholeheartedly decided that Massimo Allegri is the right man for the job."
- "Spurs couldn't hope to find a better man than Laudrup".
- "We have 100% faith and confidence in David Moyes".
- "Mancini brings exactly the qualities we at Spurs cherish".

There's no press release you could write about any of them that would be wholly true (unlike the press release when AVB arrived, which would have been 100% honest that he was top choice and we all genuinely had high hopes for him). With poor old Tactical Timbo though you wouldn't even need a press release - just let him get on with it as per his existing contract.

> Do Levy and the board have the stomach to raid SCBC again? Or to launch an all-out assault on Napoli for FSW? Or embarrass themselves by getting rejected by Simeone or Conte and then have to pick someone else when they say no?

> Can Levy and the board bear the nightmare of us being 2 from 8, or 15th at Christmas as some new guy, who they only half believed in to begin with, tries to implement his ideas? What the hell do they do then? Total nightmare.

> What if we appoint some lesser choice, and then FdB or CA becomes available next summer? Easy to sack Sherwood in that instance, not so easy to sack an outsider who's only 1 year into a 3/4 year contract/"project". We'd then have to watch de Boer head off to some other club knowing that he could have been ours if we didn't have the other guy.

It's not that Levy and the board would rejoice at appointing Sherwood, it's simply that there's a weird combination of circumstances at this particular moment in time that is pushing them that way.

So the thought of the press release will decide for us? Or the thought of just how awful it will feel if we fail miserably, that at least with Sherwood we wouldn't fail miserably with a new guy?

Sherwood was already at best a second choice behind LvG and quite possibly a third choice behind FdB. That in the winter, where many other potential managers were less available than they are now. Can Levy and the board stomach trusting him with our funds and passion?

I don't see it like that at all. Levy is much tougher than you give him credit for I think.

What if, next summer, someone becomes available? Sorry... No. What if next summer Pochettino is taken, or Barca then wants FdB whereas now they want someone else that will be gone by then? I don't see any reason to think that the pool of managers we can realistically chose from will be better in a year than it will be this summer. It's just not a thing that can be predicted.

If we keep Sherwood, are people prepared to see all of Verts, Lloris, Sandro, Lamela, Dembele, Capoue, Holtby, Chirches and possibly now Eriksen leave?

Because they are the senior players he's already alienated or who will demand to play for a professional manager.

And they'll be replaced by youth teamers and a few 'character' players like Milner and Lescott.

We need a coach who can work with our squad, not someone who despises 90% of it.

I think your list is a bit of an exaggeration, but I think there's some truth to what you're saying. Several players have seemed to be unhappy with Sherwood and it's only been half a season. Comparably after half a season AVB was in the middle of what seemed like a love-in.

That's pretty much exactly how I see it. And I think there's a very good chance it's the way Levy and the board will see it too.

> Do Levy and the board really have the stomach to hand Spaletti or Pochettino their full faith, emotional commitment and transfer kitty, knowing in their hearts that he's their 3rd or 4th choice behind LvG, FdB, Rafa, Ancelotti etc.? Why should any of them or any of us find that acceptable?

> Can Levy bear the thought of the press release he'd have to write, release and stand over:

- "The entire board unanimously and wholeheartedly decided that Massimo Allegri is the right man for the job."
- "Spurs couldn't hope to find a better man than Laudrup".
- "We have 100% faith and confidence in David Moyes".
- "Mancini brings exactly the qualities we at Spurs cherish".

There's no press release you could write about any of them that would be wholly true (unlike the press release when AVB arrived, which would have been 100% honest that he was top choice and we all genuinely had high hopes for him). With poor old Tactical Timbo though you wouldn't even need a press release - just let him get on with it as per his existing contract.

> Do Levy and the board have the stomach to raid SCBC again? Or to launch an all-out assault on Napoli for FSW? Or embarrass themselves by getting rejected by Simeone or Conte and then have to pick someone else when they say no?

> Can Levy and the board bear the nightmare of us being 2 from 8, or 15th at Christmas as some new guy, who they only half believed in to begin with, tries to implement his ideas? What the hell do they do then? Total nightmare.

> What if we appoint some lesser choice, and then FdB or CA becomes available next summer? Easy to sack Sherwood in that instance, not so easy to sack an outsider who's only 1 year into a 3/4 year contract/"project". We'd then have to watch de Boer head off to some other club knowing that he could have been ours if we didn't have the other guy.

It's not that Levy and the board would rejoice at appointing Sherwood, it's simply that there's a weird combination of circumstances at this particular moment in time that is pushing them that way.

i dont know why you keep insisting with Sherwood when he has already been told that he wont be the manager next season. Have you forgotten what happened the day of the Sunderland game??? He is gone once the season is over. Levy wants a new man in

i dont know why you keep insisting with Sherwood when he has already been told that he wont be the manager next season. Have you forgotten what happened the day of the Sunderland game??? He is gone once the season is over. Levy wants a new man in

Well then if that's the logic then the new man has been agreed already........ Which would be odds on to be LVG which I think we all would be pretty much behind.... Except man u are now looking for a new manager....

Well then if that's the logic then the new man has been agreed already........ Which would be odds on to be LVG which I think we all would be pretty much behind.... Except man u are now looking for a new manager....

What logic gets you there?

Isn't it possible that Levy is waiting on LvG's decision, but he's decided that Sherwood is gone regardless and that the process to identify the 2nd choice behind LvG is well underway?

Allegri;) Italian (Levy has tried most nations so far but not Italian) he is available (no compensation) a managerial winner (all of Levys appointments since Hoddle had previously won a trophy) Baldini apparently wanted him at Roma ( Baldini is still at Spurs so Levy must still trust him) All points towards Allegri im afraid

Allegri;) Italian (Levy has tried most nations so far but not Italian) he is available (no compensation) a managerial winner (all of Levys appointments since Hoddle had previously won a trophy) Baldini apparently wanted him at Roma ( Baldini is still at Spurs so Levy must still trust him) All points towards Allegri im afraid

Nothing there to point to Allegri over Spalletti...

Other than some random Italian newspaper article...

I doubt that the nationality of the candidates is one of the considerations

What logic gets you there?

Isn't it possible that Levy is waiting on LvG's decision, but he's decided that Sherwood is gone regardless and that the process to identify the 2nd choice behind LvG is well underway?

Exactly, if Levy was talking to LVG, he was talking to others (nobody interviews one person for a job).

Re Chancer's comments on the press release, anybody actually think Levy gives a **** about the media in the short term? did his firing of BMJ, Harry, AVB teach people nothing?

Media release #1 - Club has reached a decision with TS to part company, we wish to thank him for his hard work and wish him all future success -> done
Media release #2 - Club is pleased to announce "future victim #7" as the new manager

That's it .. we are not a PLC, Levy is as much a dictator as RA @Cheat$ki and can do what the **** he wants ..

Last edited:
Noone actually knows who is top of Levy's list, he tends to hold talks with a few people. Before AVB was appointed it had been mentioned he'd spoken to Rodgers amongst others for example....

I doubt that the nationality of the candidates is one of the considerations

maybe not the first consideration, but when Levy is lying in bed at night plotting what his next move is, at some point it must cross his mind that he has tried English, French, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese to find the magic solution, so why not now give an Italian a go..you may doubt but you cannot say with 100% certainty that i am wrong either:)

maybe not the first consideration, but when Levy is lying in bed at night plotting what his next move is, at some point it must cross his mind that he has tried English, French, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese to find the magic solution, so why not now give an Italian a go..you may doubt but you cannot say with 100% certainty that i am wrong either:)

Why? Someone's nationality has little or nothing to do with their ability as a coach. Levy is a multimillionaire businessman running a company on behalf of a multibillionaire investor, he is not a kid trying to complete a sticker collection.

Nothing there to point to Allegri over Spalletti...

Other than some random Italian newspaper article...

yeah but that random article said Allegri was the chosen one. I havent seen an article with Spalletti confirmed as the new Spurs boss ;)

Please have the decency to at least TRY and be truthful/logical when you speak about certain things.

He alienated Lloris? Vertonghen? Dembele? Chiriches? Eriksen?

hell he started Lamela at the beginning too...you mean AVB didn't alienate him to you? give me strength.

TBF to GB he said those players are alienated OR will demand to play for a more profressional manager...

Will be very disappointing if Van Gaal joins ManU and not us. Thought he was our no.1 target as manager just a few months ago. Now not sure if Levy even tried to appoint him. Van Gaal is the kind of experienced and successful manager we need to bring us to the next level. Instead can see Levy go for yet another inexperienced manager like Moyes or Martinez. As long as Levy is the chairman, just can't see us targeting league title.

Why? Someone's nationality has little or nothing to do with their ability as a coach. Levy is a multimillionaire businessman running a company on behalf of a multibillionaire investor, he is not a kid trying to complete a sticker collection.

no but the nationality can have an influence over footballing style, tactics, methods etc. someone brought up in Italian football will have different experiences and opinions on how the game is played than someone brought up in England for example. With other nations the differences maybe more subtle, but still there are differences

Will be very disappointing if Van Gaal joins ManU and not us. Thought he was our no.1 target as manager just a few months ago. Now not sure if Levy even tried to appoint him. Van Gaal is the kind of experienced and successful manager we need to bring us to the next level. Instead can see Levy go for yet another inexperienced manager like Moyes or Martinez. As long as Levy is the chairman, just can't see us targeting league title.

Can we have a dose of reality here? City has spent what? a billion pounds in the last 3-5 years and likely won't win the title again this season, the Scum with the manager that everyone likes to hail as the bastion of stability hasn't had a sniff in 9 years, but somehow Tottenham not targeting the league title is Levy's fault?

We need to stop these fantastic delusions, the right manager will have us less likely to get tonked, have us play a more settled system, will have us challenging/pushing for a CL spot (with no guarantees), may even win us a Cup. Owning a top 4 space and/or challenging for the title requires a lot more investment than we currently have access to.

LVG is a good candidate, but he isn't the only candidate (See Harry as example). We just need to avoid the obvious red flags (something we failed to do with AVB/TS, something we absolutely need to avoid with Moyes).

Never going to happen but my choice would be Martinez. I doubt he would a) leave Everton and b) work for Levy

Is there a realistic chance for Klinsmann??? probably not but I feel thats one man that could galvanise the club and the supporters.

Its clear that Man Utd are bigger fish than us and if they want LVG there wont be much we can do...Ancellotti will not be let go by Madrid yet. FDB and Allegri would pose the same amount of risk as Klinsmann but I feel the job would be easier for Jurgen with his history with the club.

Either way we need as soon as possible a structure/plan for next season... a blueprint where Levy/Franco and the new coach can work together and effectively for the betterment of our club. Squad wise I actually think the defence needs looking at first...Kaboul is to injury prone and doesnt look the player he was a few years ago, Dawson is just not up to it and Rose has massive ? marks over him. Verts seems disenterested.

Last season when they all met in Jamaica to talk strategy it all went Pete Tong...this year wherever they all meet we need to make better plans for the 2014/2015 season.

move heaven and earth for Jurgen the German.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/947430/philipp-lahm:-jurgen-klinsmann-doesn't-do-tactics?cc=5739

Have already seen two Spurs legends tarnish their names here by dreadful spells as manager in Ardiles and Hoddle. Don't want another in Klinsmann.

no but the nationality can have an influence over footballing style, tactics, methods etc. someone brought up in Italian football will have different experiences and opinions on how the game is played than someone brought up in England for example. With other nations the differences maybe more subtle, but still there are differences

I'd agree that style of play is likely to be a criteria

Back