• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Has Paolo Di Canio been mentioned in this thread yet?

Not as a manager for Spurs, but because this is the thread we're using to discuss all managers, Guardiola or whoever, despite them not having a chance of coming to Spurs.

He has done extremely well, but his interviews are more like fan kneejerk reactions than the interviews managers normally give.

He beat Wigan in the cup with his League 2 side, he got Swindon promoted as champions... But a couple of games ago, he had a 5 minute rant when his team lost (despite them still having a huge lead over second place), he said he'd get rid of a few players and that he wanted to get rid of the loser mentality and so on... (http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16509_7681843,00.html - That rant.)

He has a very unique style of management.

It is alleged he is not so 'supportive' of his black players. And he is alleged to have facist links. Unique style indeed if true!

Abroad, there is no coach that has been successful everywhere, except for Mourinho. Ancelotti would have been, but may not win the league with PSG and all their money. Again, it is all about the manager being right for the club. If a big name has had success somewhere else, maybe they would be a success with us, but you would need to show they have the same sort of circumstances here to be successful, or they have shown a particular aptitude for adaptability so they can do something else with us. But right now, a guy like Rodgers seems right for us. I haven't heard any compelling reason as to why he wouldn't be. Definitely 'worth a punt'.

While I agree with everything you wrote, I'm afraid up and coming managers like Rodgers can still be considered a punt not because of their ability but because of they don't command the necessary respect within the football community.

Even with a strong reputation, a couple of reluctant players are all it takes to sabotage your season. There is little doubt in my mind that Ramos is at least on a par with Redknapp in terms of managerial ability. The only diffrence is that Redknapp was very popular among the players and the media ; whereas the players obviously didn't agree with Ramos' methods.

Sign Mourinho and, if you don't get the results, the players will get a lot of stick - because it can't be Mourinho's fault (regardless of actual facts). Sign Rodgers and every poor performance will 'prove' is out of his depth. It's the easy way out for players. That's basically what happend to Villas Boas at Chelsea. You could argue that Scolari's example proves otherwise. I believe it only shows that Chelsea's locker room is full of dingdongheads but that's another matter.

While getting someone like Moyes or Rodgers is not totally absurd, they would require a lot of very strong backing from Levy in order for them to stand any chance. Somehow, I can't see him sticking his neck out for someone else...

I know he's a bit flavour of the month at the moment but the idea of Martinez is growing more and more on me

Really turning it on for Wigan at the moment, proven to get the most out of players, proven in the Prem, good style of football, demonstrates tactical flexibility, loyal and seems like a proper decent bloke too.

He appears to have all the raw materials of a quality manager so would be interesting to see what he could do with better players and a big transfer budget.

Martinez is a good manager. He certainly laid the foundations for Swansea. And what I like about him is despite crap performances in the past few seasons he still has the respect of the squad to get them to perform at the business end of the season

Martinez is a good manager. He certainly laid the foundations for Swansea. And what I like about him is despite crap performances in the past few seasons he still has the respect of the squad to get them to perform at the business end of the season

Agreed, Martinez will end up in a big job one day

While I agree with everything you wrote, I'm afraid up and coming managers like Rodgers can still be considered a punt not because of their ability but because of they don't command the necessary respect within the football community.

Even with a strong reputation, a couple of reluctant players are all it takes to sabotage your season. There is little doubt in my mind that Ramos is at least on a par with Redknapp in terms of managerial ability. The only diffrence is that Redknapp was very popular among the players and the media ; whereas the players obviously didn't agree with Ramos' methods.

Sign Mourinho and, if you don't get the results, the players will get a lot of stick - because it can't be Mourinho's fault (regardless of actual facts). Sign Rodgers and every poor performance will 'prove' is out of his depth. It's the easy way out for players. That's basically what happend to Villas Boas at Chelsea. You could argue that Scolari's example proves otherwise. I believe it only shows that Chelsea's locker room is full of dingdongheads but that's another matter.

While getting someone like Moyes or Rodgers is not totally absurd, they would require a lot of very strong backing from Levy in order for them to stand any chance. Somehow, I can't see him sticking his neck out for someone else...

Don't disagree with what you wrote either, we just need to hope that whatever manager we get has some way of getting the players onside early on.

The Sun are reporting that Martinez is a candidate for the job - apparently a spurs insider i.e. Glory Glory have said that he has impressed etc.

The Sun are reporting that Martinez is a candidate for the job - apparently a spurs insider i.e. Glory Glory have said that he has impressed etc.

Surprised we've not been linked with Nigel Adkins yet the way this works.

Or have I just written Sunday's tabloid exclusive there.

I would probably have at least 10 people ahead of him in my list of preferred next managers for us

Me too, decent manager but no way I'd want to watch his sides every week. Seems like a top bloke though and understand why everton love him, but not for me.

Only MOTD, but I thought Wigans movemenet and passing was sensational today. Though it looks like they really rode their luck still

That's why I think it would be interesting to see him in charge of a team of better players playing the same way. More solid with the same fluidity/tactics.

I'm really warming to the idea. He has instilled great squad morale as someone mentioned earlier and is loyal as hell. Good with the media as well.

That's why I think it would be interesting to see him in charge of a team of better players playing the same way. More solid with the same fluidity/tactics.

I'm really warming to the idea. He has instilled great squad morale as someone mentioned earlier and is loyal as hell. Good with the media as well.

What about his team being bloody hopeless for most of the season?

Back