• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Is he? what evidence do you have other then his auto biography?

The evidence we've all seen with our eyes says otherwise. Did it look like he gave the Chelsea players different plans to prepare for different situations to you? to me it didn't look like that at all. My eyes led me to believe he went with this one plan and one tactic throughout his time there.

that is what concerns me with AVB. Lots of talk on here about tactics and plan B but during his time at Chelsea he had a plan and stuck to it regardless. There might be a way you want your team to play but you have to change over time and use the players and their abilities to good effect and gradually change the team. He carried on playing the defensive high line even though it was obvious it wasn't working with the personnel at his disposal. John Terry was being arse-whipped each week by balls over the top but AVB still kept the same tactic.

It's a bit different, judging someone's tactical nous or ability to have different plans on one final game where he was about to be sacked and when the dressing room had long since gone, compared to judging players over a good half a season and a manager not being able to get us out of that rut.

AVB is known for giving players different plans so they can prepare for different situations that can arise in the game. I won't be too worried about that. My worries would be about discipline - I'm not sure how the players will take to his 'discuss it all in front of the team' approach. Maybe they won't mind at all...not sure.

misconception surely. the bad run for harry was from early to mid february through to april beginning. it wasnt half a season..and it was in that period that saha was playing his arse of for us and nelsen didnt even put a foot wrong

plus redknapp actually did get us out of it

Is he? what evidence do you have other then his auto biography?

The evidence we've all seen with our eyes says otherwise. Did it look like he gave the Chelsea players different plans to prepare for different situations to you? to me it didn't look like that at all. My eyes led me to believe he went with this one plan and one tactic throughout his time there.

What evidence do you have other than your own opinion formed by things you've seen with your own eyes?

misconception surely. the bad run for harry was from early to mid february through to april beginning. it wasnt half a season..and it was in that period that saha was playing his arse of for us and nelsen didnt even put a foot wrong

plus redknapp actually did get us out of it

Fair enough, but I think the point remains. Judging someone's tactical acumen/preparation based on watching a team that isn't playing for the manager isn't going to give the best insight.

@nayim:- i am pretty sure that Harry , saha and nelsen were all judged during the bad patch?

how was that fair on any of those players and / or manager? (for the record i know where you stand with regards to your core reasons, am just throwing it out there off the back of your point. cause people slate harry for the bad 2 months which he actually worked his way out of. hardly fair)

On current performance, yes, as an absolute? I dont think so.

There is a huge difference between saying "Saha is playing really badly" (not that I think he did, just an example) based upon that period, and saying "Saha is a bad player" based upon that period.

Any comments I make about Harry are generally set by his 4 years in charge, not those few months.

I think its a bit much to judge AVBs absolute tactical accumen on one game. Or even on his time at Chelsea (although compared to one game its a bit fairer!).

Its fair to say "During those 8 months he wasnt great" if thats what you believe (not that I do, I think the first half of his tenure was ok) but not "He is rubbish at tactics" with that as your only basis.

He has managed two teams over a season and a half prior to Chelsea.

CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT
Posted 28 June 2012 3:36pm
We can now formally confirm that Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan have left the Club following Harry Redknapp's departure as manager.

Kevin and Joe joined after Harry's appointment in 2008. We should like to thank them for their contribution and achievements during their time at the Club and wish them all the best for the future.

clearing the decks

CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT
We can now formally confirm that Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan have left the Club following Harry Redknapp's departure as manager.

Kevin and Joe joined after Harry's appointment in 2008. We should like to thank them for their contribution and achievements during their time at the Club and wish them all the best for the future.

clearing the decks

So nothing on Clive Allen then?
ITKs wrong again?

Never got the impression that Bond or Jordan were any more tactically aware than old saggy face. Pleased that they're gone

Anyone know the details of the club's "new direction" ?

THIS-A-WAY... NO... THAT-A-WAY...

scarebothways.jpg

Never got the impression that Bond or Jordan were any more tactically aware than old saggy face. Pleased that they're gone

i think Bond and Jordan were the ones who made us solid, well organised, hard to beat. They gave the team the base to let the attackers do their stuff. Redknapp was then able to offer the final motivation on matchdays.

i think Bond and Jordan were the ones who made us solid, well organised, hard to beat. They gave the team the base to let the attackers do their stuff. Redknapp was then able to offer the final motivation on matchdays.

Not really sure how accurate that statement is. Bond was the defensive coach, Jordan was apparently the tactics man (in terms of looking at the opposition). But to say Redknapp's only contribution was as a motivator is selling him way short.

Nice.

It's amazing really how three complete football muppets were able to get us 4th/5th/4th really. It will bewilder footballing historians for years to come I am sure.

CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT

clearing the decks

An integral part of a back room team that got us playing excellent football with superb league finishes. Fantastic job by all concerned and we can only hope that their replacements will be able to achieve similar results =D>

Back