• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
I, for two.....!

You can add me as well. The only way we are going to get consistently better is if we try to win everything we are in. I want balanced rotation in all competitions next season to allow us to progress as far as we can in all the cup competitions. I think we can manage to challenge for the top 4 again regardless but I want us to to win something too. Whether it be the Capital One cup, FA cup or Europa League.

It will always remain on our roll of honour and certainly will help with potential signings that can be swayed by tangible glory when the excess wages isn't available.

To my mind, Top 4 (qualifying for the CL) and winning one of those trophies is well within our capabilities.

We should definitely try to win it.

Did our fourth place finish this season raise our profile more than a Europa League win over Valencia etc in the final would have? No chance.

Although Bilbao ultimately fell at the last hurdle their Europa run and destruction of Utd was some of the best football I watched last season, and frankly I was jealous as fudge it wasn't us. Yes, the Europa cup has been royally fudged up by the powers that be, but there is still massive glory in winning it. And football for me is still about winning something, not making as much money as you can.

You can add me as well. The only way we are going to get consistently better is if we try to win everything we are in. I want balanced rotation in all competitions next season to allow us to progress as far as we can in all the cup competitions. I think we can manage to challenge for the top 4 again regardless but I want us to to win something too. Whether it be the Capital One cup, FA cup or Europa League.

It will always remain on our roll of honour and certainly will help with potential signings that can be swayed by tangible glory when the excess wages isn't available.

To my mind, Top 4 (qualifying for the CL) and winning one of those trophies is well within our capabilities.

Really? What a brick name.

Really? What a brick name.

Tell me about it.

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. The game is about winning things and whilst we are waiting for increased spending power then a couple of trips to wembley for a final and actually winning something and a possible european final would probably do more to swing potential signings for us than finishing 4th and having a shot at a CL qualifier.

If we won a cup next season then if we were to miss out on CL again I think it would placate anyone wishing to leave, especially if it was the FA Cup or Europa League.

Nope.

We need to move away from being this poxy little club which gets excited about winning brick competitions like 'The Europa League'. It's seriously fudging embarrassing. We seriously need to concentrate on the league; make THAT our bread n butter - DEMAND progress and higher standards. That's the only way that - over the long term - we'll grow as a football club.

I agree. If AVB wins the Europa League he will just get poached by a bigger club.

Leagie is the over-riding priority

Would much prefer that we finish top 4 and go out at Europa group stages rather than finish 5th and with the Europa

Morally and as a football fan i don't agree with it but qualifying for the Champion's League is significantly more important than winning the Europa League, FA Cup or League Cup.

I agree. If AVB wins the Europa League he will just get poached by a bigger club.

I disagree. If AVB comes here and does well I think that the fact we brought him back to this league so soon after his Chelsea experience will mean a lot to him.

If he does well I can see him here for the long haul.

If AVB is successful with us, it means he has improved us. A Spurs with an improved standing means the only steps up would be Madrid or Barca, because there wouldn't be any point jumping to another English club that we are on the same level too.

So I think he will be with us for a good while if he does well.

We've been trying to find our own Arsene Wenger for more than a decade now. Hoddle, Santini, Jol, Ramos....

I think he'll be a good fit for us. Our players suit his preferred tactics, and he suits our profile.

But him staying for seven, ten, fifteen years? As much as that would be a fantastic thing for the club, I'm not holding my breath.

Re the Europa Cup issue, if the club is smart, especially if AVB is appointed, we will focus on at least one trophy next season.

A Cup win would do a lot to give AVB some time, and get the press monkey off his back.

i'd take the FA cup and the CL spot more seriously and leave the other competitions for bleeding younger players and testing out new tactics.

Back