• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
for all the AVB fans, i see that Porto are doing very well again, after 28 games W21, D6,L1, all without the goals form Falcao, a point away from the title with 2 games to go

so, is the current guy a candidate?

There is a whole lot more in AVB's 'pros' camp than the Porto title

I have discussed those in details countless of times before - including in this very thread. Seems less valid now that Arry appears to be staying with us.

I have discussed those in details countless of times before - including in this very thread. Seems less valid now that Arry appears to be staying with us.

Tbh i can't see what else he's done but Porto but i would like to read what else you think he's done. Can you point me to your post?

Short version...

AVB won europa league, domestic cup and domestic league (unbeaten). Then fell flat on his face at Chelsea.

Some have doubts about him, some think he is the second coming.

Its no surprise that Redknapp will not get the England job to me, we still need a new manager though.

Just because Redknapp doesnt look like getting the England job, I wouldnt assume he is staying with us.

While he has been very successful by Spurs standards, there are plenty of question marks surrounding him (not least his obvious willingness to jump ship, and consequent dropping the ball of our season).

At this point, with a year left on his deal two things make sense.
1) Give him a new contract, give him money to spend. Or,
2) Sack him, give a new manager chance to build.

Not giving Redknapp a contract but giving him money? Not an option... Which may force Levys hand. If there are serious doubts about Redknapp the FA leaving him here wont be enough to keep his job safe IMO.

Just because Redknapp doesnt look like getting the England job, I wouldnt assume he is staying with us.

While he has been very successful by Spurs standards, there are plenty of question marks surrounding him (not least his obvious willingness to jump ship, and consequent dropping the ball of our season).

At this point, with a year left on his deal two things make sense.
1) Give him a new contract, give him money to spend. Or,
2) Sack him, give a new manager chance to build.

Not giving Redknapp a contract but giving him money? Not an option... Which may force Levys hand. If there are serious doubts about Redknapp the FA leaving him here wont be enough to keep his job safe IMO.

I do agree, Redknapp will end up walking would be my bet.

Short version...

AVB won europa league, domestic cup and domestic league (unbeaten). Then fell flat on his face at Chelsea.

Some have doubts about him, some think he is the second coming.

Fair enough.

Personally i thought he was turbo brick at Chelski. He made countless fundamental errors and it seemed like none of the senior players had any respect for him. Our players are gutless enough as it is so GHod knows how they'd be managed by an even gutless manager.

New management structure - Manager, or DoF + Coach

This isn't about individuals, but about structure.

How do you think we should replace Redknapp?

a) Directly with an old-fashioned manager - an Ancelotti, Capello, van Gaal. Someone who will have full responsibility for footballing affairs, reporting directly to Levy.

b) With a DoF running transfers and the behind the scenes footballing business and a first team coach. Basically replicating the model we had with Jol - an experienced transfer guru with profile (someone like Txiki Begiristain), then a young up-and-coming but unproven coach (a Martinez, Rodgers or AVB).

Personally, although I'm a big fan of DoFs, I think it's our first team management that needs improvement now, not the wider club (unlike in 2004). Therefore my preference is for a shorter-term big name manager with winning mentality. I can see both sides though.

Personally i thought he was turbo brick at Chelski. He made countless fundamental errors and it seemed like none of the senior players had any respect for him.

I dont disagree, and have done this dance a few times so can fast forward the conversation with some pre-emptive AVB fan replies.

Its not his fault, the mean old nasty Chelsea players sabotaged him

He was given the remit to change the squad around, the players are so old, and once he started it all went wrong, its not his fault

Yeah but he was on a hiding to nothing at Chelsea, it was none of his fault. At Porto though he was amazing and thats all that counts...

No the Portuguese league isnt weak, and no its not a few horse race with Porto being the biggest stallion - his achievements in Portugal are monumental and whatever happened at Chelsea wasnt his fault...

You get the drift.

Im on the fence with him. Personally I think what he did with Porto was impressive, and that he warrants interest. But... What he did with Chelsea (what HE did, not the circus that went on at the same time) warrants attention as well, and caution.

Personally I have no preference between the systems, its all about getting the right people into the right positions.

I think its foolish the amount of people who instantly slate the dof system as the route of all evil. Truth be told there are fine margins between the differing managerial set ups

This isn't about individuals, but about structure.

How do you think we should replace Redknapp?

a) Directly with an old-fashioned manager - an Ancelotti, Capello, van Gaal. Someone who will have full responsibility for footballing affairs, reporting directly to Levy.

b) With a DoF running transfers and the behind the scenes footballing business and a first team coach. Basically replicating the model we had with Jol - an experienced transfer guru with profile (someone like Txiki Begiristain), then a young up-and-coming but unproven coach (a Martinez, Rodgers or AVB).

Personally, although I'm a big fan of DoFs, I think it's our first team management that needs improvement now, not the wider club (unlike in 2004). Therefore my preference is for a shorter-term big name manager with winning mentality. I can see both sides though.

I don't think we should replace Redknapp now. I'd like some continuity please.

If we're talking at some indeterminate time in the future I'm happy with the status quo. Team manager with overall responsibility for football affairs.

I don't think we should replace Redknapp now. I'd like some continuity please.

If we're talking at some indeterminate time in the future I'm happy with the status quo. Team manager with overall responsibility for football affairs.

Not sure how you have consistency with a pensioner with 1 year left of his contract, who the owner doesn't trust in the transfer market, and who is only still here because his exit strategy just completely backfired. It's an untenable poisition that will get exponentially worse the longer it's left after Fulham.

I would like Redknapp to stay and be given a few quid to spend. This combined with the continuity that Redknapp gives and hopefully Luka and Bale stay - then the world is our oyster

I guarantee if we do this we will be challenging properly for the title.

id like to have someone in place who's primary role is to look and scout for youth/young players and for them to have a more back ground role with first team signings - working for the current manager rather than above him

therefore the manager can rightly take his share of the blame/praise for the first teams performance

Back