• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
AVB is kind of cool; I want our manager to be cool.

Martinez is cooler.....clean shaven, tanned skin, smarter dresser, doesnt constantly squat like he needs to take a dump

AVB is just weird

Martinez has been playing and beat United with a 3-4-3 formation.....fcuking revolutionary for this country

...they have not always played the prettiest football but I think that he has had to cut his cloth according to the width. I see no reason why he could not adapt to playing a more attractive style given better players.

Here is one thing that bothers me greatly, nothing personal Milo, its a statement Ive seen time and time again.

Many people seem to have blind faith if given better players he will play better football. Genuinely I would love to know why, especially given his record to date.

His results speak for themselves, excellent really. But his style?

He has been at the club 10 years. Initially an industrial style would be acceptable to get them stable and out of trouble. What about after that? 10 years later this team is entirely Moyes design, by this time it could have been absolutely anything he desired. He has brought in (or through) every single player. Trained them, picked them and managed them. Everton at this point are HIS and everything he could want them to be.

Are they pleasing to watch? Because they bloody could be if thats what he wanted.

We have seen with the likes of Wigan, Swansea, WBA (at times) that it doesnt take riches to play passing, attractive football, so money really isnt an excuse.

To me it only points to one conclusion, Moyes wants them this way.

And if thats the case, why would he suddenly be capable of playing champagne football? Would he even want to?

can he speak English? has he ever managed a club

dont know on either account but i do know that he promotes good , tecnical , continental and intelligent football. his side for germany in the world cup actually had a good drilled pattern of play if you get my meaning.

i liked the way germany played in that cup, and the good thing about that was that they were not heavily reliant on pace.

Moyes would have us playing the way Everton do. Thats his style, depends if you like it or not

how about roberto martinez , hes done a pretty good job at wigan on limited funds ! he was also responsible for getting swansea playing an attractive style of football not brendan rodgers.

even arry said martinez probably knows more about tactics than himself .. ( ok that might not be saying much lol ) but he might be worth a punt and obviously he isnt scared of saying when he feels his team have been cheated ( against chelski )

Mourinho or Hiddink if either were interested. Failing that I'd want David Moyes. I want Moyes because I'm sick of years and years of our team being a soft touch and having a soft core. Arry to be fair has addressed it pretty well by targeting strong minded players that are willing to fight and have the right mentality(Parker, gallas, Ade, and to a lesser extent Vdv who has a strong winning mentality but not really a fighter/leader mentality). Moyes will get us looking more solid and I'm sure with the cash he'll have at his disposal he'd also be able to mix it up with flair players. Tbh I'd be willing to sacrifice our fancy football if it meant we were more solid.

Last edited:
I've seen his name mentioned a few times in various places, linking him with us, but I really can't fathom why. A big name ex-Juventus player, currently managing Juventus, possibly about to win the league undefeated, in the cup final so a good chance of a double, will get a crack at taking Juve into the CL next season... and he's gonna give that up for an English club, just outside the very top bracket of clubs, that he has no links or affiliation with?

The only link I've seen is an article talking about a link, the link being that article itself.

id only sacrifice the fancy football for a manager with the ability to guarantee success, meaning Mourinho

I doubt we can get him, so for me the fancy football has to be essential. Its hard to get success, we are up against clubs with more money, stronger mentality, history of success. Thats why if we cant reach that high level, we should be playing fancy push and run football so that at least we have some fun along the way

we wont be able to genuinely challenge until we have a new stadium, and the new stadium will need fans to fill it and to fill it the club will have to offer an attractive spectacle on the pitch

Back