• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
He is dreaming. Although I don't agree we have a transitional team. That's already an excuse that is being lined up in case of failure. Our first team is young and even if Modric goes it, theoretically, would only be two different players from what we had last season.

There is certainly no huge rebuilding job.

Which would be fine if all you needed was a first team, but you don't. The lack of rotation may have hurt us in the latter stages of the past two seasons.

The squad will be a bit more lacking in comparison to last year. Which will hopefully be addressed.

Jol isnt a top manager. Ang Jol never got in the top 4 at at time when City didnt have all their money.

I didn't say he was a top manager. I indicated that i didn't think he was a brick manager - which is what you alluded.

Man C may not have been around but the original Sky 4 was at the hieght of its Premierleague dominance. Same difference.

He is dreaming. Although I don't agree we have a transitional team. That's already an excuse that is being lined up in case of failure. Our first team is young and even if Modric goes it, theoretically, would only be two different players from what we had last season.

There is certainly no huge rebuilding job.

Replacing Modric is a huge job in itself.

Compounding that by replacing Adebayor, King and Gallas I would say its certainly a case that the team will be very different next season.

Potentially adding VDV to that? Countin gallas/King as one thats 4 KEY first team players that will have been changed, the entire spine of the side.

Not transitional? Do me a favour! And thats with Harry or anyone else in charge, the cards have fell in such a way it would have had to happen regardless.

But Liverpool were challenging and Mourinho was at Chelsea........

In short - you're chatting brick

Why are you trying to convince yourself that Levy is amazing and that Redknapp was brick?

All we want from Levy is that he gets us a proper manager, and spend the money on players. And he aint doing that.

And at the end of the year we`ll be crying again because we`re behind arsenal again. We cant be above them with that chairman, he appoints idiots and dont wanna pay the wages.

Why are you trying to convince yourself that Levy is amazing and that Redknapp was brick?

All we want from Levy is that he gets us a proper manager, and spend the money on players. And he aint doing that.

And at the end of the year we`ll be crying again because we`re behind arsenal again. We cant be above them with that chairman, he appoints idiots and dont wanna pay the wages.

He's not, he's trying to convince you that Jol wasn't brick.

Whilst his appointments aren't always ideal, he doesn't want to pay the wages because he doesn't want us to do a Leeds.

No major surgery needed at all?

Except one of the oldest squads in the league?

Friedel - Ancient!
Gallas, King - Gone
Parker - aging
No strikers

And we finished 5th TWICE under Jol....so I remember VERY WELL where we were thanks.

Ramos was brick and STILL won more that Saint Harry.

Basically you don't have a fudging skooby.

Well we do know who holds the purse strings at the Lane and its wasn't the frigging manager,please we don't win things by saying 'taking us to the next level, or by saying the word future every two minutes.

Don't give a skooby who was in charge or is in charge all i care is how high up the table we are and i hope AVB carries on the good work what harry did,plus a little bit of ramos did and a little bit of what jol did.

The future starts now ha ha ha.........

Again? When have we been ahead of Arsenal?

Get Harry's **** from its position lodged in your throat and back the club.

How much of a Harry apologist / delusionist do you need to be before you move on? You're THAT fudged off you are now slagging teh guy who has spent the 4th highest net spend on players in the past 10 seasons?

OK then pal.

Well we do know who holds the purse strings at the Lane and its wasn't the frigging manager,please we don't win things by saying 'taking us to the next level, or by saying the word future every two minutes.

Don't give a skooby who was in charge or is in charge all i care is how high up the table we are and i hope AVB carries on the good work what harry did,plus a little bit of ramos did and a little bit of what jol did.

The future starts now ha ha ha.........

So you're basically acknowledging your were talking gonad*s before?

Cool.

He's not, he's trying to convince you that Jol wasn't brick.

Whilst his appointments aren't always ideal, he doesn't want to pay the wages because he doesn't want us to do a Leeds.

I was going to make the same point. Perhaps Levy should double ticket prices so that we can attracted a better class of mercenary in order for us to attain the holy grail of 'SKY 4'. I know Gooners who think exactly like that (& have actually said this to me with a bit of embellishment on my part) - it doesn't matter if we do not win anything as long as we get CL so that we can get better players so that we can get CL the next season so that we can attract better players so that we can can get CL football etc etc

Sorry that I blew your paper thin criticism out of the water.

The only players we REALLY need are a striker and a central defender to replace Ade and King/Gallas. Beyond that it would be either squad players or to replace someone already here in the first XI (ie. Modric leaving).

That team would be good enough to challenge for top 4. Longer term we'd like to upgrade our first XI to challenge even higher up the table, but it's not a massive rebuilding.

Apart from Jol?
Within a whisker of getting 4th with a much weaker squad than HR.

Levy wanted Santini, got him, and it was Arnesen who wnated Jol and installed Jol as first team coach

Santini was a disaster, Arnesen convinced Levy that Jol was the right man to take over

Jol was not a Levy managerial appointment, and proved it by getting rid as soon as Jol hit a sticky patch. Never gave the bloke a chance

Jol was good, and i agree with your last sentence

The only players we REALLY need are a striker and a central defender to replace Ade and King/Gallas. Beyond that it would be either squad players or to replace someone already here in the first XI (ie. Modric leaving).

That team would be good enough to challenge for top 4. Longer term we'd like to upgrade our first XI to challenge even higher up the table, but it's not a massive rebuilding.

2 CB's, a keeper and 2 strikers, plus replacing Modders and VDV if they leave?

That ALOT.

Levy wanted Santini, got him, and it was Arnesen who wnated Jol and installed Jol as first team coach

Santini was a disaster, Arnesen convinced Levy that Jol was the right man to take over

Jol was not a Levy managerial appointment, and proved it by getting rid as soon as Jol hit a sticky patch. Never gave the bloke a chance

Jol was good, and i agree with your last sentence

So any success is by luck and all the bad brick is Levy's fault? Cool.

This. We do NOT need major rebuilding. However, if the new manager wants to change the entire playing style and formation then we may need a major rebuilding, but that is down to the Chairman's/Manager's choice and NOT because it actually needed to be done.

Back