• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Hope we get the new manager in the next couple of weeks. It would be typical Spurs if we dragged our feet and waited until a few days before the season starts.

Andre Villas-Boas in three-way fight for Tottenham manager vacancy

Andre Villas-Boas remains in the running to become the next Tottenham Hotspur manager but he faces strong competition from two other foreign coaches ? the former Schalke coach Ralf Rangnick and Laurent Blanc, who is in the charge of France at the Euro 2012 finals.

All three are expected to speak this week with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who has been in the United States on a private matter. Levy has not met with any candidate to succeed Harry Redknapp.

There have been conflicting, erroneous reports on Villas-Boas in recent days claiming that he has the job, that he is angry that there are other candidates, and that he has even withdrawn his candidacy. All are incorrect, with the former Chelsea manager respectful of the way Levy wants to recruit.

It is understood that Spurs have not made any direct contact with managers but there have been talks involving agents to see who is interested or available.

Sources in France expect Blanc to sign a new contract with the French Football Federation but his representatives have been investigating the possibility of moving to a Premier League club. They contacted Chelsea and have been in contact with Spurs who appear keen to speak to Blanc.

Rangnick, 53, has been out of work since leaving Schalke last year although he recently turned down the chance to join West Bromwich Albion. Contact has also been made with his representatives.

Villas-Boas is enthusiastic about the ambition and potential at Spurs. He turned down Valencia and was strongly linked with Roma and Liverpool.

Yesterday Villas-Boas denied he had been offered the Spurs job and he is anxious not to be seen to be pushing the club. He said: ?There have been contacts with various clubs but it?s important for me to meet people, know their ideas, share mine and see if a common idea can be agreed.?

Given the 34 year-old?s bruising Chelsea experience, he wants to make sure that his next move is the right one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-way-fight-for-Tottenham-manager-vacancy.html

Andre Villas-Boas in three-way fight for Tottenham manager vacancy

Andre Villas-Boas remains in the running to become the next Tottenham Hotspur manager but he faces strong competition from two other foreign coaches ? the former Schalke coach Ralf Rangnick and Laurent Blanc, who is in the charge of France at the Euro 2012 finals.

All three are expected to speak this week with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who has been in the United States on a private matter. Levy has not met with any candidate to succeed Harry Redknapp.

There have been conflicting, erroneous reports on Villas-Boas in recent days claiming that he has the job, that he is angry that there are other candidates, and that he has even withdrawn his candidacy. All are incorrect, with the former Chelsea manager respectful of the way Levy wants to recruit.

It is understood that Spurs have not made any direct contact with managers but there have been talks involving agents to see who is interested or available.

Sources in France expect Blanc to sign a new contract with the French Football Federation but his representatives have been investigating the possibility of moving to a Premier League club. They contacted Chelsea and have been in contact with Spurs who appear keen to speak to Blanc.

Rangnick, 53, has been out of work since leaving Schalke last year although he recently turned down the chance to join West Bromwich Albion. Contact has also been made with his representatives.

Villas-Boas is enthusiastic about the ambition and potential at Spurs. He turned down Valencia and was strongly linked with Roma and Liverpool.

Yesterday Villas-Boas denied he had been offered the Spurs job and he is anxious not to be seen to be pushing the club. He said: ?There have been contacts with various clubs but it?s important for me to meet people, know their ideas, share mine and see if a common idea can be agreed.?

Given the 34 year-old?s bruising Chelsea experience, he wants to make sure that his next move is the right one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-way-fight-for-Tottenham-manager-vacancy.html

I know this is just flimflam journalism, but why the fudge is Ralf Ragnick keep cropping up. The guy has been sacked form most jobs he's had. The guy seems useless from where I am and it's terrifying I keep seeing his name.

Blanc too to be honest. He's got some success, but he's got a history of bottling it and the performance Frances last game was very spurs-esque...

Out of everyone mentioned I want AVB for the pure exciting risk of it all. Moyes as a safe pair of hands would be my number 2.

The FA never approached Spurs about hiring Redknapp BUT he was a popular choice. The reason they never approached him, was because they didn't want to deal with Spurs over buying him out his contract. It simply wasn't cost efficient as they'd just spunked loads of money paying Capello off. They would then have to pay Spurs a load of money to take Redknapp AND then pay Redknapp a steep salary.

It's not often I get an inside track on things but in this case I have.
You're right about the FA not even approaching Spurs/Redknapp about the managers job, but it has nothing to do with buying out his contract.
Make no mistake, the FA were very interested in Harry, but after doing some research they decided they were't going to touch him with a barge pole.

It's not often I get an inside track on things but in this case I have.
You're right about the FA not even approaching Spurs/Redknapp about the managers job, but it has nothing to do with buying out his contract.
Make no mistake, the FA were very interested in Harry, but after doing some research they decided they were't going to touch him with a barge pole.

If that is the case, then they could have had the decency to go for Hodgson sooner.

If that is the case, then they could have had the decency to go for Hodgson sooner.

Ok, but what happens when West Brom get relegated? I don't think there was anything else the FA could have done, and really Capello is an ignorant, cowardly bottler for putting them in that position.

Ok, but what happens when West Brom get relegated? I don't think there was anything else the FA could have done, and really Capello is an ignorant, cowardly bottler for putting them in that position.

That's true. It just sucks that we suffered because of it for nothing as it turns out when everybody thought Redknapp was the main candidate and West Brom didn't suffer at all.

That's true. It just sucks that we suffered because of it for nothing as it turns out when everybody thought Redknapp was the main candidate and West Brom didn't suffer at all.

should have informed Redknapp privately that he was not in the running (once that decision had been made)

Out of everyone mentioned I want AVB for the pure exciting risk of it all. Moyes as a safe pair of hands would be my number 2.

Ive seen this so many times I think its becoming something of a false truth. How safe an appointment would Moyes be?

First up, style of play.

Moyes has a tried and tested style of play, defensive, negative - anti Spurs. Its not the sort of style that will wash with the fans (like it or not, its true...)

So he will become increasingly under pressure - safe?

Or, how about the alternative that he re-styles his system. Thats transition for him, thats not what he would have got hired on the back of - thats risky. Safe?

Secondly, Everton REGULARLY have either shockingly bad starts to the season or extended "blips". At Everton he has (quite rightly) enough faith that he can ride out these peiods - what happens at Spurs if we hit one of these spells? Safe?

Genuinely I think the idea that Moyes is a secure appointment doesnt ring true at all...

Well now that France are out we should find out if there is any legs in the Blanc story.

I wouldn't worry bout Ragnick, looks like he is on his way to Salzburg according to the local press, Gerard Houllier as DoF.

This mug is no better than McLeish with his double right back crap. As if finishing below England wasn't bad enough.

I was being a little facetious but I would be worried if he's the guy we appoint, more so than any of the others linked with the job.

Ive seen this so many times I think its becoming something of a false truth. How safe an appointment would Moyes be?

First up, style of play.

Moyes has a tried and tested style of play, defensive, negative - anti Spurs. Its not the sort of style that will wash with the fans (like it or not, its true...)

So he will become increasingly under pressure - safe?

Or, how about the alternative that he re-styles his system. Thats transition for him, thats not what he would have got hired on the back of - thats risky. Safe?

Secondly, Everton REGULARLY have either shockingly bad starts to the season or extended "blips". At Everton he has (quite rightly) enough faith that he can ride out these peiods - what happens at Spurs if we hit one of these spells? Safe?

Genuinely I think the idea that Moyes is a secure appointment doesnt ring true at all...

I didn't mean in that way, I meant more safe as in we kind of know what were going to get. AVB is more of an unknown.

Blanc would be another disaster

Back