• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Google translate:

The former Chelsea manager was at Dragon Stadium, praised his successor for FC Porto and was quick to talk about his immediate future.
"There is nothing, it's all lies," was how Andr? Villas-Boas responded to the curiosity of the Portuguese press about the possible departure of the coach for Tottenham. In recent weeks the name of Villas-Boas has been associated with the London club, appointed as preferred president. Today, in England, was the discontent of the Portuguese word for being part of a list of possible coaches and also to some discontent in the squad for the preference of the president.

And where is the Journo that wrote the piece about AVB was gonna quit talks with THFC if we continued to court other managers. The whole media is just guessing and no evidence whatsoever... Complete flimflam
maybe that is exactly what happened and now AVB has gone public denying everything, which of course he would to protect himself:ross: fcuking eck

In other words, DL refused to give the assurances he asked for, so he's buggered off.

plus the fact that Levy seems to want to talk to Blanc according to reports

dont blame AVB actually, but lets wait and see, could be a few more twists and turns

from Google Translate

"There is nothing, it's all lies," was how Andr? Villas-Boas responded to the curiosity of the Portuguese press about the possible departure of the coach for Tottenham. In recent weeks the name of Villas-Boas has been associated with the London club, named as the preferred president. Today, in England, was the discontent of the Portuguese word for being part of a list of possible coaches and also to some discontent in the squad for the preference of the president.

what if he said it with a cheeky smile

Andr--Villas-Boas-007.jpg

i noticed yesterday that Martinez was on ITV for the Germany match wearing a white shirt with interesting blue trimmings around the collar.....he is Spurs i tell thee

this is what AVB said only weeks before taking over at Chelsea last summer

Andre Villas Boas scotches rumours of taking over as Chelsea manager

Porto coach Andre Villas Boas has ended talk of a summer switch to Chelsea by committing his future to the Portuguese champions.

Villas Boas stated he will stay at the club next season after a successful first year in charge. ‘My future, as you know, is completely linked to Porto,’ he said.

‘I do not know of any official interest from other clubs.’

Chelsea, who are widely expected to part company with manager Carlo Ancelotti at the end of the season, are not the only club reportedly interested in Villas Boas.

The 33-year-old, who is a prot?g? of former Blues boss Jose Mourinho, has also been linked with Liverpool, Juventus and Roma.

if AVB doesnt like the business world of football and can actually act childish about the fact that there are other people being interviewed for the job he wants...then he isnt ready for big business football

either that or he definately needs a DoF over him.

this is what AVB said only weeks before taking over at Chelsea last summer

Andre Villas Boas scotches rumours of taking over as Chelsea manager

Porto coach Andre Villas Boas has ended talk of a summer switch to Chelsea by committing his future to the Portuguese champions.

Villas Boas stated he will stay at the club next season after a successful first year in charge. ‘My future, as you know, is completely linked to Porto,’ he said.

‘I do not know of any official interest from other clubs.’

Chelsea, who are widely expected to part company with manager Carlo Ancelotti at the end of the season, are not the only club reportedly interested in Villas Boas.

The 33-year-old, who is a prot?g? of former Blues boss Jose Mourinho, has also been linked with Liverpool, Juventus and Roma.

I'm not quite sure what your point is here.

AVB had a massive release clause and Porto could quite easily have accepted a bid from Chelsea, given them permission to talk to AVB and then they agreed on a contract in a week or two.

This is a fairly different situation to the one he is in now where he is without a contract.

He didn't say then that he wasn't going, just that he didn't know of any official interest from other clubs, he didn't say he was staying just that his future was linked with Porto (because he had a contract with them).

He hasn't said now that he isn't going to join Spurs, just that the media reports about him having signed or being no the verge of signing or having had talks break down aren't true.

I know we have been linked to Laurent Blanc and many people think highly of him but he concerns me greatly. He picked 23 players for Euro 2012 and picked only 3 central defenders, and I know that Mexes is missing the match this evening due to injury or suspension. Why would you only pick 3 central defenders. Seems an elementary mistake to me

I know we have been linked to Laurent Blanc and many people think highly of him but he concerns me greatly. He picked 23 players for Euro 2012 and picked only 3 central defenders, and I know that Mexes is missing the match this evening due to injury or suspension. Why would you only pick 3 central defenders. Seems an elementary mistake to me

Alou Diarra can play as a centre half I believe.

Alou Diarra can play as a centre half I believe.

But his his main position is as a central midfielder. Would it not make sense to pick at least a 4 th central defender so you can play captain in his best position. Diarra is a player that maybe "can do a job" in defence but he is a much better central midfielder which is where he normally plays for both club and country. Kind of like Brazil playing Sandro in defence because he can do a job in stead of playing him in his best position

Well we only need three CBs in our matchday squad, two on the pitch and one on the bench so it's all good :) He was a CB himself, so doubt he would neglect that area.....

Liverpool: Dalglish sacked 16 May, Rodgers appointed 1 June. 16 days
Swansea: Rodgers left 1 June, Laudrup appointed 15 June. 14 days
Aston Villa: McLeish sacked 14 May, Lambert appointed 2 June. 19 days
Norwich: Lambert left 2 June, Hughton appointed 7 June. 5 days
WBA: Hodgson left 14 May, Clarke appointed 8 June. 25 days
Chelsea: AVB sacked 4 March, Di Matteo appointed permanent manager 15 June. 1 month after season ended

Tottenham: Redknapp sacked 14 June. It's now been 9 days.

Great post that =D>

Edgey, there are quotes from AVB though.

And why have paddy power taken down the Spurs manager betting?

Get your money on Capello. You heard it here first

Theres no quote of the question asked him tho. Some speculate he was asked if he had "signed" for Spurs as the recent Spanish papers reported... To which he replied they were "lies"

Very different to have you had "talks" with Spurs. All twists and speculation. The few quotes are twisted to make a story.

Back