• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Fonsecca was someone with management experience in two or more leagues. Gattuso? No idea but generally great players don't prove to be great managers.
Does the DOF have any idea of what will happen if we don't do well in the first few games, and the players' confidence takes a knock. Still, high risk might be high reward. Let's hope so.....buckle yourselves in, it's going to be a white-knuckle ride next season....row 5 of the South stand will be a fine place to watch it :)

Genius from Levy. He thinks to himself, "who's the worst DoF I've dealt with in the last few years and was at a big club?" and comes up with Paratici, hires him, who comes up with a brick manager.
Next year everyone will be happy when Levy sacks Paratici and the manager and Levy takes over everything himself

Fonsecca was someone with management experience in two or more leagues. Gattuso? No idea but generally great players don't prove to be great managers.
Does the DOF have any idea of what will happen if we don't do well in the first few games, and the players' confidence takes a knock. Still, high risk might be high reward. Let's hope so.....buckle yourselves in, it's going to be a white-knuckle ride next season....row 5 of the South stand will be a fine place to watch it :)

Guttoso's record so far doesnt suggest he'll succeed, and also doesnt suggest that he'll make it that far through next season

Potter over Gattuso or pretty much anyone else available to us any day of the week. I think he'd do very well.

Paritici looks dead set on going the Italian route though, so who the fudge knows.
Would rather give Mason the gig full time than appoint Potter.

Agreed was just joking. I'm pro DOF but just jabbing at those that think taking Levy off footballing decisions is the perfect answer.
Taking Levy off the footballing decisions is the correct course of action. Who is hired in to replace him is another matter. Just having DoF alone is not the point. The point is to have someone in charge of football decision who has nous, contacts and an understanding of when to hold and when to let go. Whether Practici has that or not remains to be seen.

Hiring Gattuso is very underwhelming but I guess we will see. Maybe he's better than my perception.

Gattuso

Sacked from Sion in 2013 after three months in charge.

Joined Palermo the following summer before getting sacked one month into the season.

The next season he joined Greek side Crete. Resigned in October, but changed his mind and stayed for two more months.

In January 2015, he applied for the manager's position at Scottish club Hamilton Academical, which he clearly didn't get.

In the 2016/17 season he gets Pisa promoted from Serie C before resigning. After one month off he comes back and they finish last in Serie B with the second best defence in the league, but the worst attack. He leaves again.

In 2017 he takes over AC Milan's U-19 team before getting promoted to the first team in November when Montella was sacked. Leaves by mutual consent in 2019.

Takes over at Napoli in December 2019 after they sack Ancelotti. Sacked in May 2021 after they lose out on CL qualification by one point following a 1-1 home draw with Verona on the last day.

Agrees to take over Fiorentina on 1 July, but leaves before officially taking charge over disagreements on player investment and the involvement of Jorge Mendes.
He's clearly a real catch eh?.... The Benny Hill music that came into my head whenever I read something on our manager search is now starting to instead sound like the Laurel and Hardy music...

I genuinely can’t believe this is happening.

If this true, what is Levy thinking?! There’s going to be a mutiny at that first game.

Though if Levy had vetoed this from Paratici, then assuming Paratici had any balls he'd have resigned. There's no point having a DoF is the Chairman will over-rule his very first decision.

In that case, Leve either had to accept the decision to appoint Gattuso, or accept that he'd lose a DoF within a month of him arriving

You couldn't make that stuff up, could you?

Then again, there's probably no need to be upset about Gattuso's appointment. The season starts in a couple of months. Plenty of time to call off a few more deals at the last minute.

You have to wonder what's the plan there, though. That's the problem with PR and marketing being at the forefront these days. People write you cool letters to let you know how well they understand the situation and then you get... that. It's the same with politics, mind you. They're pretty good at telling you what should be done when it's time to deliver, suddenly, things are more complicated...
Plan?!?.... Bwaaahahahahahahaha!

Last edited:
If it’s anywhere close to true that we dropped Fonseca after agreeing the deal then that is a low move.

Iffffffff it was for a prime target, a real number one choice, a really good fit, then ok - ambition over morals. I’d get it.

But for Gattuso? My GHod.

Exactly. We could do this move to get someone like Conte or Poch, but for fudging scum of the earth talentless idiot Gattuso? You couldn't make it up!

can we cling to a hope that Spurs have leaked this in order ot test fans' reactions, and will then move to their proper target?

Back