• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Yeah, depressing but hard to argue with (I'm sure we'll try though)

I hope the appointment of Paratici is a step in the right direction, granted that he gets to control more of the footballing sides of things. Not sure how we decided to appoint him though, but we'll see how it goes. :p

Absolute BS! Surely no one believes this crap?

Although reading this forum the last couple of weeks they probably do, especially if it’s a rumor that confirms a pre conceived idea.

As much foundation for people believing it as for you not believing it. Possibly more, given Kane’s comments in the Neville interview, and Lloris’s post-match comments a few weeks before that.

As much foundation for people believing it as for you not believing it. Possibly more, given Kane’s comments in the Neville interview, and Lloris’s post-match comments a few weeks before that.
We gave up on Conte because the players were asked by Levy and they said no?

That is the rumor that I replied to. It just wouldn’t happen, sorry.

That wasn't the rumor you replied to though. It said they had reservations, the rest you added.
yep fair enough. Was that the insinuation though when you said the following or did I misinterpret?

“We could be the first club to forgo having a manager completely and just let the players do what they want.”

yep fair enough. Was that the insinuation though when you said the following or did I misinterpret?

“We could be the first club to forgo having a manager completely and just let the players do what they want.”

No I was just messing about, borne out of our on going search for a manager, and that seemingly the only one they've been happy under is Mason. Think we're all just getting tired of the situation now. Just want to get someone in and preparing for the new season. I don't think it's good for morale for any organisation to be without clear leadership for a length of time really.

Unlikely to have been Conte given how it seems impossible to do anything in Italy without their media getting hold of it! Plus the club have said we spoke with him because he became available, which would be more recently.

If we're going to use Italian media as a barometer of what we did or didn't do re talks with Conte, well potentially we might have to go along with the narrative i've seen from Italian media: Levy pulled out of talks once it became clear that Conte would be as expensive as any man on the street would think it would be. That is, the sort of discussion that would likely take an afternoon, even over the phone, to work out.

But to your broader point about there being some kind of general agreement in place with someone pre Jose sacking which then backfired on Levy as that person upped their demands at the last minute - it doesn’t feel very plausible (to me) and I think we would have heard some rumblings to that effect. I guess it’s possible we had someone in mind e.g Nagelsmann, Rodgers, but I don’t think there’s anything to suggest we were that organised to already have someone lined up.

Sacking Jose before a cup final and a game to win a trophy - the very reason we hired a manager like Jose in the first place - looks shoddy and dis-organised, especially now.
If there actually wasn't a manger lined up to take over, then at the very least it looks like money to pay out in compensation afterwards (if we had won) was of more importance to keep low than the possibility of the club winning an actual trophy.

Players within the #thfc squad had reservations over the club potentially appointing Antonio Conte. Those players were informed about how extreme and demanding his methods were.

We could be the first club to forgo having a manager completely and just let the players do what they want. Niche.

If true, at least we know who to get rid of: Those with reservations against demands and hard work.

If we're going to use Italian media as a barometer of what we did or didn't do re talks with Conte, well potentially we might have to go along with the narrative i've seen from Italian media: Levy pulled out of talks once it became clear that Conte would be as expensive as any man on the street would think it would be. That is, the sort of discussion that would likely take an afternoon, even over the phone, to work out.

Maybe, but it doesn't mean that level of detail was discussed in the first early conversations.

Sacking Jose before a cup final and a game to win a trophy - the very reason we hired a manager like Jose in the first place - looks shoddy and dis-organised, especially now.
If there actually wasn't a manger lined up to take over, then at the very least it looks like money to pay out in compensation afterwards (if we had won) was of more importance to keep low than the possibility of the club winning an actual trophy.
It is odd the way it seemed to happen so quickly but as I've said before, I don't buy that it happened then because it would have been cheaper than sacking a cup-winning Mourinho. I'm not even sure where this comes from other than a t witter rumour.
If in your job you were literally days away from possibly meeting one of your targets (in Mourinho's case, a cup) and had a few weeks remaining where you still had a chance to achieve another target (in this case CL for next season), and you were let go with immediate effect, with lower compensation than if you had met your target(s) and got your bonus, you'd have your employer up in front of a tribunal before he'd waved you out the door. I know things work differently with football contracts but it just isn't a plausible scenario imo. I could be totally wrong but if Mourniho's contract allowed that to happen, then he needs to get a new lawyer.

I'm glad Levy sacked him, the way we played, it was painfull to watch. Levy saw an opening and pulled the trigger, thankfully. Who knows what kind of clause he had if he won something and became virtually unsackable. To be stuck with that nails on the blackboard type of play for years, only because we won a Caparacabao cup, no thanks!

I have a feeling it's going to be Conte after all, simply because Levy doesn't have many other options. Once everything has been signed and the dust has settled, Levy will come out and say how much he appreciates Conte's hardnosed negotiating style.

Levy is just starting a new brick sitcom.

How i met your manager.

6 seasons max. With some hotties that you might thinks the one. But you get bored after season 3 and give up.
Is that the sequel to the Amazon series? If so I doubt it will be a funnier sitcom than that one! :D

Back