• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Rogers would be stupid to come to Spurs and he won't.
It why we will have to be riskier and look further down the runners and ridders.

We must have a manager with EPL experience.

Wouldn’t mind seeing a Dean Smith, Thomas Frank, Daniel Farke brought in.
If it was Farke hopefully he’d bring Aaron’s with him.

I'm not sure Levy will go for that tier of manager any more. I think he'll want someone more proven, whether thats proven like an Allegri or somewhere in between remains to be seen

They backed him with 200m of signings in his last window.

How has he managed to cultivate this image where he was hard done by there? it's madness

The last window before he got sacked?

Transfermarkt has them signing Fred, Dalot and Grant?

Not sure if hard done by, but they did the worst thing for the club imo. Either you back Mourinho or you sack him. They chose to keep him and sign players for the future, not the type of players he wanted.

Some managers deal with that better than others. Mourinho is for me clearly in the "others" category. Hard done by or not, it's just not a good idea imo.

I'm not sure Levy will go for that tier of manager any more. I think he'll want someone more proven, whether thats proven like an Allegri or somewhere in between remains to be seen

No reason to think that the Dan Kilpatrik tweets saying Naglesmann & Rogers are our first choices isn't still the case (i believe Kilpatrik is a known journo with inside info?)

@Bedfordspurs has me onboard with Potter but i can't see the club going for it.

The last window before he got sacked?

Transfermarkt has them signing Fred, Dalot and Grant?

Not sure if hard done by, but they did the worst thing for the club imo. Either you back Mourinho or you sack him. They chose to keep him and sign players for the future, not the type of players he wanted.

Some managers deal with that better than others. Mourinho is for me clearly in the "others" category. Hard done by or not, it's just not a good idea imo.

You're right, i saw he was sacked in dec 18 and for some reason looked at 17/18 window rather than 18/19

Wouldn’t mind seeing a Dean Smith, Thomas Frank, Daniel Farke brought in.
If it was Farke hopefully he’d bring Aaron’s with him.

No chance

It will be a name appointment, how big? we will see, but it is important for keeping some players and attracting new (and we will need to) that they have some kind of reputation

At this point i will take Rodgers.
At this point I doubt Rodgers takes us. They are actually doing better than we are, play better football than we do with lesser players and have even won the league more recently than we have.

He has a chairman who is proactive in the window and purchases the players he needs. They take those risks and gambles on talented but unproven players and the expectation level is actually lower so the likelihood of being sacked is lower.

I wouldn't leave Leicester for Spurs if I were him. [emoji2369]

At this point I doubt Rodgers takes us. They are actually doing better than we are, play better football than we do with lesser players and have even won the league more recently than we have.

He has a chairman who is proactive in the window and purchases the players he needs. They take those risks and gambles on talented but unproven players and the expectation level is actually lower so the likelihood of being sacked is lower.

I wouldn't leave Leicester for Spurs if I were him. [emoji2369]

This is spot on, there is no chance he comes to spurs unless they pay him the big bucks, even then at best it’s a sideways step at the moment.

The two favourites for the jobs if reports are true are unlikely to come here.

Would Allegri work here? Juve hoovered up frees and whacked them on high wages - what’s he like when buying players?

isnt he park the bus esq?

I don’t pay that much attention to Italian league.

This is spot on, there is no chance he comes to spurs unless they pay him the big bucks, even then at best it’s a sideways step at the moment.

The two favourites for the jobs if reports are true are unlikely to come here.

Would Allegri work here? Juve hoovered up frees and whacked them on high wages - what’s he like when buying players?

isnt he park the bus esq?

I don’t pay that much attention to Italian league.

I'm with you on Allegri. I was more just using him as an example of another bucket
- one is the Allegri, Benetiz type
- one is the Farke, Hassenhutl group

I think we'd look for something in between, and I think that is the right way to go.

If the rumours are to be believed Nagelsmann wants the job.

Looks like RB will just come up short in both the league and cup, with Bayern likely to pip them to the league and I’d expect BVB to beat them in the cup final.

He can then say his goodbyes after the final with a couple of silver medals and then take charge of our useless mob.

Looks like RB will just come up short in both the league and cup, with Bayern likely to pip them to the league and I’d expect BVB to beat them in the cup final.

He can then say his goodbyes after the final with a couple of silver medals and then take charge of our useless mob.
Sounds ideal for us then:D....

No reason to think that the Dan Kilpatrik tweets saying Naglesmann & Rogers are our first choices isn't still the case (i believe Kilpatrik is a known journo with inside info?)

@Bedfordspurs has me onboard with Potter but i can't see the club going for it.

You're right, i saw he was sacked in dec 18 and for some reason looked at 17/18 window rather than 18/19
Just want a guy who will coach and develop the players
Create a system and own it
We will lose big name players if we don’t gets “name” coach IMO - but their the players who maybe shouldn’t be here then

I liked the way his Leipzig team played in their games against us. Fast paced, front foot football. That's a start I think. He would also have good knowledge of the German league which should be a good market for us to buy from.

He'd be up there in those I'd like us to take as our manager. If not him then I love Dubai's suggestion of Ralph Rangnick.... Mind you, I wanted De Boer instead of Pochettino that summer just before our club changed for the better massively so that shows what I know!

I think part of our problem is expectation vs reality
We can get another name manager in... they are out there and plenty would want the job
Nothing wrong with that at all. Would arguably cost us more money to recruit and they would come with their own expectations and a certain expectation from the fans and club
That’s a mourinho type appointment although there aren’t many like him left as most trophies have been eaten up by certain managers now
Or you go for a manager who has demonstrated some growth and capability in his coaching, ideally with a clear philosophy and style and take that as a calculated gamble
Someone like Parker or Potter
The middle ground is a Nagelsmann.
Very en vogue and the man for now. Could be anything TBH but very much a man that other clubs would want too

personally I’d love a man for now who can take us for the future
It will impact on player retention. That manager will need to really focus on the youth too and I think we’re in a great shape there if it’s a bit early for some of them

I think part of our problem is expectation vs reality
We can get another name manager in... they are out there and plenty would want the job
Nothing wrong with that at all. Would arguably cost us more money to recruit and they would come with their own expectations and a certain expectation from the fans and club
That’s a mourinho type appointment although there aren’t many like him left as most trophies have been eaten up by certain managers now
Or you go for a manager who has demonstrated some growth and capability in his coaching, ideally with a clear philosophy and style and take that as a calculated gamble
Someone like Parker or Potter
The middle ground is a Nagelsmann.
Very en vogue and the man for now. Could be anything TBH but very much a man that other clubs would want too

personally I’d love a man for now who can take us for the future
It will impact on player retention. That manager will need to really focus on the youth too and I think we’re in a great shape there if it’s a bit early for some of them

Agree with this. Mourinho was a shot at squeezing the last juice out of a team that was on the decline but could've potentially won something. Although we've started a rebuild, we need to continue it, and we need a project type manager.

Back