• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Lose on the week-end will probably be a bridge too far. International break is rather infamous for manager changes.

If he can win a few on the bounce in the league, we will probably see it out till end of season or at least cup final.

Lose something like 2 or 3 out of next 5, gone.
I more or less agree, though predicting the exact tipping point for Levy is difficult.

Based on previous experiences I think Levy will want a replacement more or less lined up before getting to the actual getting rid part. So it depends not only on our results, but on the availability of whoever we'd want to replace Mourinho.

At this point i will take Rodgers.
I don’t think he would leave Leicester to come here (which shows how our stock has fallen). What is the attraction? (unless we’re going to pay him the £15m a year we give Mourinho perhaps?).

If we’re raiding Leicester then do we not also need their head of recruitment and also for Levy to leave him alone to do the job?

I more or less agree, though predicting the exact tipping point for Levy is difficult.

Based on previous experiences I think Levy will want a replacement more or less lined up before getting to the actual getting rid part. So it depends not only on our results, but on the availability of whoever we'd want to replace Mourinho.
I also might depend on whether Levy can borrow another £30m to sack him....

We will fancy two managers trying to keep their teams up IMO so both won’t be available until the end of the season
Anyone know the current contract status of the Portugal manager?

I don't think Levy will stomach having a manager at the club he doesn't want for any extended period of time.

Thats true, look at AVB, the numbers were still ok (actually still on track for another at the time record points total iirc), but the relationship was gone so he pushed the button.

Lose on the week-end will probably be a bridge too far. International break is rather infamous for manager changes.

If he can win a few on the bounce in the league, we will probably see it out till end of season or at least cup final.

Lose something like 2 or 3 out of next 5, gone.

I think Levy might feel that our only chance in the Cup Final is with Mourinho gone (not that I think we have a chance anyway with our bunch of bottlers). We all know now how that will go if Jose is still here - sit back and wait to concede three or four.

At this point i will take Rodgers.

Zero chance that Rodgers leaves Leicester for us. Why would he? (And I'm not accepting the training ground/stadium argument. That doesn't win you trophies when your squad is full of brick and you have a board notorious for not wanting to spend, and with a reputation for recruting badly.)

...nor would we be sat here asking if Leicester would be able to tempt him away from us because they're so much better well run

I also might depend on whether Levy can borrow another £30m to sack him....

It doesn't cost £30m!!!! Its about £12m net:

- Jose is on £15m, and has around 18 months left - lets call that £22.5m in total
- if we have a new manager and pay them, say £8m p.a. that guy would cost us £12m over the next 18 months

So in our business plan for the next 18 months we'd currently have 'pay Jose £22.5m'.
If we sack him, we'd pay him that £22.5m now (figuratively) and pay new guy £12m over the next 18 months

So our total cost for managers for the next 18 months goes from £22.5m currently, to £34.5m (22.5+12)

Sacking him makes us £12m worse off based on these assumptions

- Jose is on £15m, and has around 18 months left - lets call that £22.5m in total
- if we have a new manager and pay them, say £8m p.a. that guy would cost us £12m over the next 18 months

So in our business plan for the next 18 months we'd currently have 'pay Jose £22.5m'.
If we sack him, we'd pay him that £22.5m now (figuratively) and pay new guy £12m over the next 18 months

So our total cost for managers for the next 18 months goes from £22.5m currently, to £34.5m (22.5+12)

I think it’s closer 30 months. He signed a 3.5 year contract.

I'll say this...

IF Mourinho is still here next season we have to avoid doing what United did in his last window.

If he's still here it has to be with full backing. Get rid of whoever you want to get rid of. We have our transfer budget, but the types of players we sign is up to you.

Either full backing, as if we'd been awesome all season, or out. No half way measures, no compromises.

I'll say this...

IF Mourinho is still here next season we have to avoid doing what United did in his last window.

If he's still here it has to be with full backing. Get rid of whoever you want to get rid of. We have our transfer budget, but the types of players we sign is up to you.

Either full backing, as if we'd been awesome all season, or out. No half way measures, no compromises.

They backed him with 200m of signings in his last window.

How has he managed to cultivate this image where he was hard done by there? it's madness

If Rogers was managing us from the beginning of the season we'd be above Leicester in the top 4 and no one would be casting an envious eye at their players or so quick to write off all of ours

I don't think we would be above them, because we wouldn't have bought the players they have.
Everyone at this club must take some of the responsibility for this, none one or group is blameless, a change of manager alone isn't going to fix this.

You’ve forgotten to deduct the kickbacks to Mendes that we will save by not having Mourinho oversee transfers this window...

I don't think we would be above them, because we wouldn't have bought the players they have.
Everyone at this club must take some of the responsibility for this, none one or group is blameless, a change of manager alone isn't going to fix this.

My point is that it's the managers that are the difference between the two teams.

Everyone seems to be in agreement that we're underperforming as a team - so it stands to reason that if we had a manager who had us performing well we'd likely be a few places higher.

On the flip side if Rogers is getting Leicester performing well it stands to reason without him they'd be worse off...

Wouldn’t mind seeing a Dean Smith, Thomas Frank, Daniel Farke brought in.
If it was Farke hopefully he’d bring Aaron’s with him.

Back