• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

They have stood still so far under Ole
But because the league was so weak they looked better

The United fan at work complains about a lack of structure in their build up play. They sometimes do well tactically against the better sides, but struggle against the weaker ones because there's no plan for their attacking play.

The United fan at work complains about a lack of structure in their build up play. They sometimes do well tactically against the better sides, but struggle against the weaker ones because there's no plan for their attacking play.
I feel united do ok because Solsjkaer, maybe not unlike Redknapp keeps the game simple, players seem to like him and he plays them in their best positions. Most of his big signings have solved problems and been successes, other than Van de Beek.
But there does seem to be a tactical naivety that I think will ultimately stop them challenging for the league, he’s been a safe pair of hands but I’m not sure they can go much further unless they make 2 or 3 massive signings to take their spine to another level. And get rid of De Gea!
Will be interesting to see how fans affect a few teams this season, United ones may be less patient with just getting CL than the players are.

People (not necessarily you, admittedly) forget that we really weren't far off finishing 4th, despite our (mostly) disastrous form post Christmas. A bit less trying to hang on to 1-0 leads and we'd be looking forward to CL football next season.

Sure, it was an odd season and it's only because of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool having below-par times too that we got a look-in, but the point stands. It shouldn't take a miracle to get us top 4 next season -- with our resources and squad, 5th-7th should be considered par and nothing more.

We also had htat patch when Kane and Son won games on their own, which offsets the post xmas part IMO

I think that, given Jose, we finished where we deserved. With a new manager, similar to you I think our par position would be 5th/6th as I dont think we're better than either Manc teams, or cheatski or Liverpool

However when you say "It shouldn't take a miracle to get us top 4 next season", I dont thikn this takes into account how far those 4 are ahead of the rest. For me, those 4 are quite a good bit ahead of us, Arse, everton, Leicester etc

Utd are brick imho.
I agree... I can see city and Chelsea romping it.. If we gel quickly tho, united and Liverpool are definitely there to be caught.. If Liverpool hit form again, they'll be in the top 3.... but united.... Especially If cavani fades a little, we could definitely take..

I would love mancini.. Never thought much of him but how he's got Italy playing is absolutely beautiful... Can't see it happening tho... One thing is for sure, how the media have treated Tottenham has been nothing short of disgusting, so if we get nuno we have to get behind him.. Personally if he can get spurs playing like wolves 3 years ago, I would be a very happy man.. Possibly the only team that could match spurs for entertaining beautiful football.. He talks a good game and he has that inner something that poch had.. So ye I would be fine with nuno.... One things for sure, I'm sick of negative mouthy supporters, more than likely the same ones that wanted poch sacked and where happy when mourinho was hired... with a positive mind and if the stars align, one never knows.....COYS.

Their not a good side
Bit adding Sancho would give them a different dynamic

Still got 2nd and will spend.

It's possible to get above them, and we should do everything we can to. But expecting us to will probably lead to disappointment.
They got second because everyone else was awful though
They always spend
But somehow they still don’t win things

I don't mind Nuno I preferred him as the appointment when we went for Mourinho. HE was more the type of manager that I think will work here. His status has taken a knock with Wolves' relatively poor last season and the lack of progression. Do I still think he would be a good fit? I'm not sure now, directly post Poch then I would have taken him with open arms. 18 months later and I'm really not sure what the club is trying to do.

I still always feel a younger more up and coming coach is what suits Spurs and out model. The established coaches can either see we can't match their ambitions and avoid us or they take the job and realise pretty quickly it's just not going to work that way.

The up and comers are developing just as the club should be so it's a better fit all around.

We all know deep down that the next manager is just a stop gap, someone to tide us over until funds are steady and we benefit from the stadium money.

Not if they do well.
You’d like to think that but arguably we’ve had a couple of situations where we have been doing well, certainly against initial expectations and Levy has acted in a way where he thinks we can take an extra step and perhaps gives the squad more credit for the progress than the manager. Redknapp for AVB, Poch for Mourinho

Back