• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Ultimately he did fix it and relatively quickly if you consider the progress we made from Spring 2014 over an 18 month period through to Autumn of 2015. However, that's easier to reflect on in hindsight and its often easy to forget that there were some really painful moments in Poch's first season - remember that first part of the season when we lost at home to West Brom and Stoke and laboured to a draw with Palace?

We then had a fantastic mid-season which included the wins over Chelsea and Woolwich and the emergence of Kane. But towards the end of the season, after the excitement of the League Cup Final we lost at home to Villa and then got thumped at Stoke. At those moments it was very hard to predict the incredible journey we were about to go on.

It's further evidence of the need to step back out of the here and now and try to view things through a wider lens.
This. How different things might’ve been had Kane not fluked the only free-kick of his career against Aston Villa 7 years ago...

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/tot...4-saved-my-job-spurs-boss-mauricio-pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino has explained that his favourite Harry Kane goal will always be the last-minute winner against Aston Villa in November 2014 because it saved him from the sack. Before the match, Pochettino had won just three of his first nine league games, losing to Liverpool, West Brom, Emirates Marketing Project and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and he was already feeling the pressure from trigger-happy chairman Daniel Levy.

"I can find many other goals that were fantastic but, for me, goals are related to emotion, to the period you are living in," Pochettino said. "For me, that goal was an amazing goal because it meant for us, for everyone, the possibility to stay here today.

"It's true, the team were 14th or 13th [they were 11th] and we were a little bit under pressure because the team were playing well, but not winning games and we were a bit under pressure. Always in football, when you don't get good results, the first to be sacked is the manager...

"That is why that goal allowed us to carry on working and try to change the club. We were in the first season at Tottenham and people on day one when I signed the contract said, 'Ok maybe in a few months, we have a new face in front of us!'"

It feels pretty similar to the end of AVB into Sherwood. Poch came in and sorted it quite quickly. I think the right manager could do similar, especially with two of the worlds best attackers.

Don't know about world and best attackers. It took Pochettino a while including in my opinion the discovery of Ryan Mason which I felt at that moment was sheer luck. We really need to stop overplaying players. No one performs at their best if they play all 38 games in a season and then Europe and then cup matches. It is too much.

I suspect that is what is happening to Liverpool as well. The demands are a lot.

I know money decides the odds to a large extent, but is Klopp leaving even being considered?
The rumours are that Klopp is quitting, not that he's being sacked. People hear the rumours and throw money on it and before you know it the odds are short.
Still, it's a lot of money to get the odds down that much. Wouldn't take it too seriously but you never know...

It is ridiculous isn't it.
Klopp is going nowhere and neither should he.
Liverpool are having their "Poch 2018/19" moment.
As an aside, the bloke's mother died and he cannot attend the funeral. I know people like to dislike him, I feel sorry for him.
I’ve heard from 3 scouse mates tonight (as in Liverpudlians not roosterney reds) and all have said he is taking a leave of absence due to his mum dying and it’s for an indefinite period

I’ve heard from 3 scouse mates tonight (as in Liverpudlians not roosterney reds) and all have said he is taking a leave of absence due to his mum dying and it’s for an indefinite period

You couldn't blame him, if that was the case, and Liverpool would be mad not to hold the job open for him to come back to once he's done what he needs to do.

You couldn't blame him, if that was the case, and Liverpool would be mad not to hold the job open for him to come back to once he's done what he needs to do.
Yep
I mean their league form is dying on its arse
There was a lot of talk of a fight in the dressing room
And he is dealing with his mother dying
If I was him I know what I’d prioritise

Yep
I mean their league form is dying on its arse
There was a lot of talk of a fight in the dressing room
And he is dealing with his mother dying
If I was him I know what I’d prioritise

And he can't go home to be with his family. If he could get compassionate leave, he could go home, be with his family, grieve and come back. They are not going to get anyone better and it is the decent thing to do.

Back