• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

He was excellent at the things we needed him to be excellent at. (Young players, attacking football, system making the whole greater than the sum). The way to test his reputation was to ask people in the game - nearly all of the Southampton players credited him with reaching heights they never thought possible, including top prospects like Shaw.

Everything aligned because we clearly had a strong idea about what we needed, what we needed the person to be good at, and went and got him. He then did better than anyone expected because he adapted and evolved so quickly, because he was such a talent. The reason I was making this point in the first place was because it didn't entirely look like we've got the same clarity around our strategy. Fonseca looked to be in the zone, although questionable track record he was the 'type'. Gattuso didn't seem to the the type and he certainly didn't have the track record.
And of course he inherited a lot of brilliant players here already (always gets forgotten than the core was here already, Hugo, jan, Walker, rose, eriksen, nodmebele, Kane, Lamela/Chadli… and alli was brought in my Pleat to add to that)

Decent managers who are in work aren't going to be doing detailed studies on Tottenham Hotspur just in case Levy/Paratici/whoever it is that is actually running our manager recruitment gives them a call mate.
Then they clearly don't want the job, so it would be a waste of everyone's time.

I think he took the Belgium job to recover his reputation after Everton and prove he could manage top players. I also think he’d be mad not to take our job if he has any interest in getting back into club football. We’re the best he’ll get.

Not if he wins the world cup with belgium.

dragon1: they have a new list and are deciding they are now taking their time as want to get it right

Unless something has changed dramatically at Brighton potter will not be coming he loves it there, has an amazing chairman and full control of transfers

Hercules: For the record, Moose is no way ITK! Nice fella though

I think he took the Belgium job to recover his reputation after Everton and prove he could manage top players. I also think he’d be mad not to take our job if he has any interest in getting back into club football. We’re the best he’ll get.

Nah - Martinez will get as good offers as us in a years' time. If he wins the Euros or World Cup then, as well as the professional satisfaction and pretty much an opportunity which wont come again, he'd have bigger opportunities than us

dragon1: they have a new list and are deciding they are now taking their time as want to get it right

Unless something has changed dramatically at Brighton potter will not be coming he loves it there, has an amazing chairman and full control of transfers

Ha! Hercules!!

Him and Trix both said they'd stop posting on SC when the natives got restless and started to query their godlike status after 'odds on' Conte went south.

Of course the attention seekers were back posting with 48 hours. Couple of chancers.

Ha! Hercules!!

Him and Trix both said they'd stop posting on SC when the natives got restless and started to query their godlike status after 'odds on' Conte went south.

Of course the attention seekers were back posting with 48 hours. Couple of chancers.
They are all full of brick over there and I genuinely believe 80% of the people on that forum are about 16.

Was he, did he?
He left espanyol bottom so I’d say that isn’t proof of anything. He had 2 seasons at Southampton and did well but they also broke their transfer record several times to back him including a failed transfer of an old Poch favourite forward
Most Spurs fans were not after Poch and wanted a Dutch manager or two who failed elsewhere whilst Poch helped us improve
Poch still IMO is relatively inexperienced. That actually showed here with his changes to his style of management. Everything aligned for him to learn things here whilst we developed. That’s very rare to get everything aligned like that IMO
While it is a great soundbite to say 'they also broke their transfer record several times to back him' when talking about Pochettino at Southampton, like most great sounding soundbites it isn't actually true....

Pochettino only actually signed a total of four players for fees when at Southampton:

Vegard Forren - £3.1m
Dejan Lovren - £9m
Victor Wanyama - £13.1m
Daniel Osvaldo - £13.6m

These were all signed in season 2013/14. Southampton's record signing at that time was Gaston Ramierez who was signed before Pochettino arrived in season 2012/13 for £13.7m

Southampton broken their transfer record for Pochettino exactly zero times.

I'd be amazed if martinez left belgium the year before a world cup. They have a chance of winning it.

Not with a manager as crap as Martinez they don't

I am surprised we have not gone back for Fonseca. If it is true that were only going to pay him £ 4 mil a year that leaves a lot of change from what we were paying Mou which could be used to, say, split the difference on his Italian tax loss. At least Fonseca fitted DL's original spec and he was a Paratici candidate whereas Nuno and certainly Potter have no connection with him at all. Maybe we are going to fire Paratici?!

It wouldn't surprise me if he's unveiled in a day or two when he gets back from his holiday in Ukraine, as was always planned, and the whole Gattuso thing has just been completely made-up gonad*s.

Then they clearly don't want the job, so it would be a waste of everyone's time.
Yep.... which leaves us with the dregs. The managers that really want our job are likely to be managers down in the third tier of managers. We should be the ones doing the headhunting here (as is the case for all top jobs) not waiting for somebody to apply for the position!

Finney: For the record Hercules is no way ITK! Nice fella though.

While it is a great soundbite to say 'they also broke their transfer record several times to back him' when talking about Pochettino at Southampton, like most great sounding soundbites it isn't actually true....

Pochettino only actually signed a total of four players for fees when at Southampton:

Vegard Forren - £3.1m
Dejan Lovren - £9m
Victor Wanyama - £13.1m
Daniel Osvaldo - £13.6m

These were all signed in season 2013/14. Southampton's record signing at that time was Gaston Ramierez who was signed before Pochettino arrived in season 2012/13 for £13.7m

Southampton broken their transfer record for Pochettino exactly zero times.
Interesting as I read that Ramirez went for £12m on several sites including ESPN
Guess you can get figures anywhere
But using the first set of figures he broke the club record twice or 50% of the transfers be made there

Interesting as I read that Ramirez went for £12m on several sites including ESPN
Guess you can get figures anywhere
But using the first set of figures he broke the club record twice or 50% of the transfers be made there
Transfermrkt.

He broke their transfer record zero times and only bought a grand total of 4 players.... One very cheap, one medium priced who didn't work out and two medium priced ones who worked out very well.

I’ll quote espn the worlds biggest sports broadcaster
I'm sure you will seeing as it suits your soundbite! ;)

Transfermrkt tend to be a good resource to look up fees mate, especially as they keep a record for everyone to always see (and update that record when new information comes to light). EPSN and the general media just report whatever they think is right at the time and that is then 'stuck in time'.

I'm sure you will seeing as it suits your soundbite! ;)

Transfermrkt tend to be a good resource to look up fees mate, especially as they keep a record for everyone to always see (and update that record when new information comes to light). EPSN and the general media just report whatever they think is right at the time and that is then 'stuck in time'.

every single article about his fee suits my sound bite
And most talk about his departure not his signing

I have no issues with transfer market but it’s not an official site or affiliated with anyone to anything

Back