• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Not the players, and not the manager totally, the right amount of celebration for the circumstances, I thought it was disproportional to the situation and was the first step into the mindset of the missing performance for the final.

Just going to have to disagree on this one

I guess if depends on your starting position

You start near the back of the grid, through hard work and discipline you fight your way to the front, then your gearbox fails on the last lap and it's gone.

I've seen that happen in motor racing many many times, I've never seen the driver get out and celebrate.

You start near the back of the grid, through hard work and discipline you fight your way to the front, then your gearbox fails on the last lap and it's gone.

I've seen that happen in motor racing many many times, I've never seen the driver get out and celebrate.
Or I’ve seen a driver start at the back of the grid and make a podium and go mental with delight

Have you never seen a driver celebrate winning a Grand Prix? All that champagne getting sprayed must be an illusion or something?!?

Have you never seen a driver celebrate winning a Grand Prix? All that champagne getting sprayed must be an illusion or something?!?

Of course, what I'm saying is I've not seen one celebrate it before they are over the finish line.

The Champagne doesn't come out before the race is over.

Of course, what I'm saying is I've not seen one celebrate it before they are over the finish line.

The Champagne doesn't come out before the race is over.
Each Grand Prix is the equivalent of each round in a Cup competition. The World Championship is what they get at the end of it all.

Then I picked a bad analogy.

It's not that there was celebration, it's that I think Poch over celebrated.
Interesting.... He’d just taken the club further than it had ever been in World club football’s premier competition.

How do you feel that the ‘over celebration’ negatively impacted us?

Interesting.... He’d just taken the club further than it had ever been in World club football’s premier competition.

How do you feel that the ‘over celebration’ negatively impacted us?

I think the players treated it like a plateau rather than the next rung of the ladder, that getting to the final was an achievement in itself rather than being a required step of actual success.

The players were not mentally prepared to go and win the final.

One minute we were out, the next we were through. Really can't expect anyone not to celebrate.
Would a boxer losing on points that wins with a ko just before the bell go not celebrate?

don't get me wrong, I celebrated it, but from the moment the whistle went, I didn't want our leader thinking about anything other than winning the final

Jesus..... This year we're currently looking like we'll miss out on the top 6 altogether in a one horse race!!!!!

Think it's also untrue to say that Poch didn't take domestic cups seriously. Considering that we played numerous semi finals and a final in his time. He just prioritised the two big competitions as was the right thing to do and I'm sure as the Chairman had wanted him to do (without Pochettino's constant over achieving in the league Levy's overspending on the stadium would've bankrupted us).

Fair enough but I was at the Lane for a league cup tie against the Scum and he deliberately fielded a weakened side and they knocked us out with their FB scoring twice(can’t remember his name)
Mood in the ground that night wasn’t good!

Then there was the semi against Utd when he played Sonny LB?

So sorry I maintain that Poch didn’t take domestic cups seriously

Back