• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

20210617-182139.jpg

IMG-20210617-WA0009.jpg

there it was!

Yep, that's what I saw.
The first one there should be no problem with. He's actually very restrained there.
The second, shaky ground. But back when he said it, of course, contextually the culture of the game, profile of women in football was not as far along as it is now, only a few years later.

What’s with this faux outrage lifestyle these days? “Unacceptable and wrong” for someone to have a different opinion to me lol embarrassing.

I just pasted the tweet - I dont know what that guy has seen!

still shouldnt be our manager given his crap record

Not even Levy is this dumb. In the end, he'll have the final say. He won't just sanction anyone. Gattuso - it's just not happening. It has to be agent gonad*s from Mendes. We're not this fudging dumb.

What’s with this faux outrage lifestyle these days? “Unacceptable and wrong” for someone to have a different opinion to me lol embarrassing.

Don't want to turn this into a different discussion, and not saying Gattuso necessarily are these things - but being racist, misogynistic and homophobic has no place anywhere in the year 2021 - it's got fudge all to do with opinions. It's about very basic respect for fellow human beings.

Not even Levy is this dumb. In the end, he'll have the final say. He won't just sanction anyone. Gattuso - it's just not happening. It has to be agent gonad*s from Mendes. We're not this fudging dumb.

Complete mess isnt it? If we walk away from Gattuso, then presumably we start from scratch again if we've said no to Fonseca

Yep, that's what I saw.
The first one there should be no problem with. He's actually very restrained there.
The second, shaky ground. But back when he said it, of course, contextually the culture of the game, profile of women in football was not as far along as it is now, only a few years later.

I don't think that either are compatible with being Tottenham manager and the club's previous support of women's football and Proud Lilywhites. You can't have a bigot as the face of a company that supposedly supports diversity

Complete mess isnt it? If we walk away from Gattuso, then presumably we start from scratch again if we've said no to Fonseca

I can see us walking away from Fonseca if we have someone "better" lined up, but Gattuso? It just can't be real. Levy simply can't afford the fan backlash.

I just pasted the tweet - I dont know what that guy has seen!

still shouldnt be our manager given his crap record

No worries, I should have been clearer I wasn’t complaining about you :) Just this culture of getting attention by being constantly “outraged”. I don’t understand it.

Anyway, don’t want to derail the thread!

For me personally, I just want a manager that seems to care about the club…I don’t know if that’s Gattuso, but it def wasn’t Mourinho and Mason is a really nice guy but seemed primarily focussed on not looking out of place.

I can see us walking away from Fonseca if we have someone "better" lined up, but Gattuso? It just can't be real. Levy simply can't afford the fan backlash.

right, but if we walk away from gattuso now, as we should, then I guess we're starting from scratch again. Can't see why fonseca would want to come to Spurs now if we've already said no to him

And wait for the next wanabee on T wa TT er to post another crock of brick to get the natives all wound up again.

It's less so the manager that's the problem but more the total lack of plan, I thought the DOF provides a structure that puts in a certain style of playing and signs players and coaches to match it. Fonseca and Gattuso don't strike me from what I know of playing the same type of football.

If Gattuso comes in then can anyone really believe he's going to stay for 3/4 years building up a nice squad with the aim of competing at the top end.

Don't want to turn this into a different discussion, and not saying Gattuso necessarily are these things - but being racist, misogynistic and homophobic has no place anywhere in the year 2021 - it's got fudge all to do with opinions. It's about very basic respect for fellow human beings.

I agree 100%. But my confusion is the enthusiasm many Twitter users have to claim people are guilty of those things even when they are not…

But anyway, sure there’s another thread I can find for this :)

right, but if we walk away from gattuso now, as we should, then I guess we're starting from scratch again. Can't see why fonseca would want to come to Spurs now if we've already said no to him

Yeah, I reckon he's gone. Supposedly in talks with Fiorentina now.

I sure hope we pull ten Haag or Potter out of the hat.

It's what gattuso does. He's as reliable a figure of 'casual fascism' as Richard bloody littlejohn is here. His favourites are:
- calling out black players who have been racially abused, telling them to 'man up' and there's no such thing as racism in Italy
- a woman's place is in the home, not the football pitch
- Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve type comments on gay marriage

Just wait till British journalists start translating some of his historic comments over the next day or two

Back